Reviews for Hungary's Guide to Successful Original Characters
'The nice guy and the Asshole'

Is that not Spamano tho?
SeaShellSakura chapter 3 . 3/19/2016
Dear Hungary,
Good grief, thank you. I'm not actually writing a story for publishing, it's more explorative in regards to myself, but I feel extremely uncomfortable with self-inserts of any kind. In conclusion, Fanfiction!
But seriously, I was having severe doubts as to my character, because it doesn't really seem that anything she does is unreasonable for her world or always right or anything, but it seemed sue-ish anyway - perhaps it was because, logically, it followed she would go a certain path that a favourite canon character of mine actually did, possibly alongside him. And possibly have a tragic back story that she still hasn't completely gotten over, despite it being 500 odd years (rather like England when you think about it...). I was still able to fix somethings and add depth and personality and stuff, so, really, thank you. I look forward to anything else you will be adding, Miss Hungary!

P.S. I actually prefer to think of England and France as toeing a line between friends and enemies - for one, despite their frankly terrible military history, they did ally and work remarkably well the last two world wars. And the fact that they've known each other since children. Besides, it's a hell of a lot more amusing to think that they just don't know how to communicate normally with each other at this point. And the sexual tension, God it's glorious.
sxcond chapter 4 . 7/17/2014
Brilliant story! Update soon please.
Guest chapter 2 . 3/16/2014
This should be a real class at college or high school or something. I'd love to take this class.
Jennifer chapter 1 . 12/7/2013
Thanks!, this helped me a TON!
i'masian-aru chapter 4 . 4/29/2013
Update please? This guide has been really helpfull, and I would like to read more.
Mihang chapter 4 . 4/20/2013
Wow. Cutting Suethors down to size is a hefty task. I commend you for it! Haha, I'll definitely use this for reference myself, too. Thanks for keeping it informative *and* humourous, but maybe ease up on the profanity if you don't mind. Otherwise, great job! :)
SoGroundedNow chapter 4 . 3/19/2013
'Aye

Love this! So funny!

I know it's been a while but if you could please update? Your information is incredibly hilarious and useful. :)
xox
Libro Insania chapter 2 . 10/12/2012
First chapter was very informative. This chapter was very helpful.

I suggest editing the name section. Massive hyphenation and extreme mispellings are legitimate concerns but that's it.

There are plenty of real-life girls named Jade and Raven, so why should a character named Jade or Raven automatically be a resident of Sueville and therefore have to work harder to be "realistic"?

America is a melting pot. I know a half Italian/half Japanese kid who has a very unusual name that sounds Japanese and Italian. She's not a Mary-Sue. I met hard-core anime fans in college who changed their names to Japanese versions of their American names. They aren't Mary-Sues.

There are plenty of names that are hard to spell and pronounce. Having to spell your name and correct people is a perfectly reasonable pet peeve. Same thing for a name that is unusual for the OC's gender. I'm a woman and my name is androgynous in the baby name books but most people think it's a male name. My mail is frequently addressed as "Mr." and callers frequently ask for "Mr." instead of "Miss." I learned how to politely correct people at a very early age. That's a good trait and one that makes a character interesting.

The vast majority of the time, a name is just a name. There is nothing wrong with normal names but unusual names do not equal Mary-Sue.
The Half-Blood Princesss chapter 4 . 8/29/2012
Love the random mention of Reid(:
s class wizard chapter 4 . 8/14/2012
This is awesome! Please update this soon! :D
Seqka711 chapter 4 . 7/20/2012
This is such a fun story to read! It's like "Wow, I know all this, but it's so awesome to hear someone else acknowledge these simple writing rules, and even better that it's being told like the person is Hungary!"
Too bad you haven't updated it in a year, but whatever.
Keri Kimura chapter 1 . 5/21/2012
This was very helpful! I wouldn't have thought of a lot of these things... thanks (I probably won't be creating any characters anytime soon, but this helped me potray already-made dudes well).
SoSymmetrical chapter 1 . 3/19/2012