Reviews for Otherfandom 05: In Words of Light and Flame
ShyBob chapter 1 . 12/1/2013
Very nice work. Quite different pacing and feel from the movie, but it just felt right for Solara. Perfect and logical sequel to the movie.
Adams7 chapter 1 . 5/7/2012
[sniff]... that was one of the most poetic things I had ever read...
Thug-4-Less chapter 1 . 7/13/2011
Ah, I have been waiting for a quality continuation of the narrative of TBoE and this did not disappoint.

Your descriptive writing paints gorgeous pictures in the mind without being overwhelmingly wordy and the action is short and sweet. The way you weave your words... I guess you could call it the 'cadence' of the narrative really carries one away.

There were a few things that I found wrong with the characterization of Solara though. First was that she had Eli's shotgun on her back, or at least it seemed that way, when the movie ended. And I don't think that she would have had to go back for more guns. She displayed surprising maturity and pragmatism in the movie so, barring some kind of recent trauma, it seems odd that she would leave without even a single firearm. Finally, the scene at the end where she was thinking about her companions anatomy. When she was offering herself to Eli, she seemed like she had some working knowledge of that sort of thing. It came across as a bit too sterile.

Besides those issue, I say again, I found it a wonderful one-shot.

Thank you for writing.