Reviews for The Road Goes Ever On
ThorinKiliandFili4ever chapter 1 . 5/21/2013
Very well written.
Frodo's sister chapter 1 . 5/1/2013
This is a beautifully written story about Frodo and Sam in Valinor.
Aria Breuer chapter 1 . 3/11/2013
This was a good, lengthy one-shot story.

I did like how you stayed true to Tolkien's writing style. In a way, this story reminded me of the events that occurred in the book series, 'The Chronicles of Narnia' and the Bible, especially when the Fellowship meets Eru Iluvatar. The moment he showed up was powerful and seemed to draw the two stories and 'The Lord of the Rings' together in a seeming blend.

I did catch a grammatical error, which was "Middle-Earth" but it should be spelled "Middle-earth". Other than a misplaced comma, towards Sam's earlier dialogues, I didn't catch anymore grammatical errors.

Good work.

-Aria Breuer
The Dark Knight's Revenge chapter 1 . 10/9/2011
Gahhhhhh that was soooo sad! :'( But beautiful too..
Inkling3 chapter 1 . 6/13/2004
It must be a bit strange to get reviews so long after publishing, but I was just reading jodancingtree's story 'Long Home of Mortals,' which made me remember this one, and since I'd never reviewed it I really thought I should look it up again and do so. So I just re-read it and liked it as much as the first time...a lovely story and one of the very few I've seen to take things to their ultimate conclusion (well, I suppose the Second Song would REALLY be the ultimate conclusion, wouldn't it? Now that's one I haven't seen!)

I loved the exchange between Frodo and Sam on the subject of Sam addressing Frodo as 'sir.' You have wonderful insights into the characters and are able to convey them so well with just a few well-chosen lines of dialogue, as the epilogue with Legolas and Gimli illustrates. And you have a rare talent for seamlessly mixing humor and seriousness...

Reading this reminded me of how much I used to enjoy your delightful writing style in your other LOTR stories, notably 'Solid Frodo'(one of the great unfinished fanfictions, in my opinion...I used to review it as Kathy B. and I'm still worried about the fix you left those poor hobbits in!)

Well, you may have moved on from writing LOTR fanfic but just wanted to let you know that your stories aren't forgotten! Best wishes to you...
Gentle Hobbit chapter 1 . 4/26/2003
I read this story about a year ago, but didn't then know how to leave reviews. I just wanted to tell you how much I appreciated this story and the care with which you wrote it. You obviously know and love not only LOTR but also The Silmarillion and the material in the Appendices.

Thank you.
untitled chapter 1 . 5/23/2002
Oh, that was a nice ending... VERY nice ending... ; )

Oh, and thanks a million for reviweing my fic... it was such a long review and people rarely give those anymore... lol... ; )

Anyway, you said theres a threory that Elves repel dirt... I totally beleive that (just look at Legolas and Aragorn side by side, dammit!)... anyway, you also said I should make it a real Mary Sue (that WAS my intention...) but it gets so freakin boring to write ANOTHER predictable story... lol... sorry...

PHEW!

A long review... haven't written one of these in a while... ; )

Anyway, great fic! THANKS! ; )

Love,

Mrs. Orlando Bloom (lol...) ; )
MarigoldG chapter 1 . 4/3/2002
This is a finely crafted story, and you're obviously done quite a bit of research

to depict the Undying Lands and the legends there so well. I really liked that

you pointed out that Sam, as well as Bilbo, had given up the Ring freely, and

that Sam did so in Mordor...that always impressed me when reading the books.

Sam is my favorite in the books - everyone had a part to play in the Quest, but

it would have failed and ME lost if not for this little gardener from the Shire. I have

always seen Sam as the real hero of the Quest, even more so because he would

laugh at you if you tried to tell him he was a hero at all...In one of Christopher

Tolkien's books of his father's notes JRR Tolkien himself said something similar

regarding Sam and his part. In the film Merry and Pippin are my favorites, and I

wish you'd change one tiny bit of the story...the one where Sam, Frodo and Bilbo

meet Rosie and Boromir...where are Pippin and Merry? It's been years since Sam

sailed from ME, and they would have passed away in Gondor by this time. And since

Gimli and Legolas have left ME that means Aragorn is dead as well. I think it would

give the story even more of a sense of completion and new beginnings if they were

present as well to greet the three Ringbearers...we would see all nine members of the

Fellowship at the end of the story and it would have a more satisfying and 'finished' feel

to it...Just a suggestion, and pkease don't take it amiss - the story is really good the

way it stands now... : ) I hope you do some more stories very soon!
Arien1 chapter 1 . 4/3/2002
Wow, I can't believe no one has reviewed this story yet! I'm glad to be the first.

Tolkien indeed wrote in one of his letters that Frodo, Sam, Bilbo, and Gimli would remain mortal even in the West. However, they would not succumb to sickness and old age, but be able to die whenever they chose, just as Aragorn did (he was a Numenorian, and they had the same gift). They would not fear death since they knew Eru existed and there was something waiting for them beyond the circles of the World.

I think you have done a great job with this story. I just wish it was a bit longer since it was so enjoyable! :)