Reviews for All's Fair
Please update! The wait is killing me
Okay this seems like the movie 10 things I hate about you
The Little Chibi chapter 9 . 2/14
I love this. It has drama, and humor, and sadness, and emotion and WHY YOU NO CONTINUE?
NordicCross chapter 9 . 8/31/2013
I'm gonna be full out honest alright? This is one of the best dam stories I havd ever read. Not even kidding... But I was expecting a bit more omph, you know? Maybe a bit more drama. I'm just hoping this story will go on just a bit more, but iunno. It's all up to you :)
Guest chapter 1 . 7/18/2013
norways last name sounds so sweedish
Aiciel chapter 9 . 5/24/2013
This fanfic is really beautiful, you know, too beautiful to be dropped.
I hope someday you will think about continuing it.
You always apologise at the end of every chapter but to be honest, I think you had writen a truly awesome story.
Please please please update!
roughdiamond5 chapter 9 . 4/27/2013
Why on earth do you keep apologizing after every chapter? I mean, no, the writing isn't perfect (for instance, you have a trend of confusing "what" with "want"), but plot-wise and character-wise, I'm fascinated.

I mean, let's start with Nikolai and Mathias. Nikolai is not the normal deadpan boy who hates for no good reason; he actually has feelings, and he hides them, and that makes the difference between this Nikolai and other portrayals of Norway that I've seen, where the mask itself makes up his character. He argues, yes, but he also makes up with Tino after an explosive argument (I liked that scene, regardless of whether your muse exploded while writing it), and he has a great bantering relationship with Ice, and he actually has interests beyond the stereotypical "reading" traits that authors normally use to make their characters well-rounded - and you made them into plot devices, what with Mathias and Nikolai bonding during the rainstorm and the Renaissance fair! What I would give to see Nikolai in elf ears...

And then there's Mathias. Most fanfiction portrays him as a happy-go-lucky guy, and you do give him parts of that personality, but here's the kicker: he actually shows his years here. I mean, Denmark is one of the oldest kingdoms on earth, so naturally he can't be entirely naïve after so many battles and so much land won and lost - and you do his history justice by making him come from a military background and actually act maturely most of the time. I mean, he still has his bits of humor - "Tell someone you're there, yeah?" when tripping over Berwald and Tino comes to mind - but then, so does Nikolai ("Get out of my car" to Ice); it's only a part of both of their personalities.

But what I probably like most about Mathias is that, instead of dragging around his precious "Norge" who has to do all of the compromising in their relationship for it to work, Mathias actually makes an effort to understand Nikolai and even help him. Yes, the standard "you're so beautiful" excuse is used here, but considering how maturely you portray Mathias, I find myself actually believing him when he says so. Nikolai and Mathias, really, are both two very human characters who could really use each other in their lives - and that's freaking awesome to see played out here.

Of course, the deal was sealed for me when you included HongIce. I mean, sure, I enjoyed your subplot of SuFin too, but my enthusiasm for that pairing has waned after reading so many fanfictions about it, so the SuFin here felt like something comfortable but not exciting. HongIce, on the other hand, is very rarely explored (let alone extensively, or even with proper spelling and grammar), so when I see Xang and his adorable crush on Ice which I can actually take seriously, and when Ice is logical but passionate and treats Xang as an actual human, and when both of them have friends and interest so their existence in the story isn't merely for background romance - well, it warms my heart to see the pairing here. Also, it makes me squeal a bit.

And then, of course, there's the plot. Yeah, sure, it's been done before - first by Shakespeare, then by Hollywood - but I never realized how nicely the dynamic works with the Nordics. I mean, doesn't Nikolai make the perfect shrew? And who better than Mathias (who sees past Nikolai's anger to a hurting heart) to tame him? Except, the dynamic is so much more than that here; I just can't get over how well you've characterized everybody, and how you've given them interests and friends and existences beyond the established romance, so they actually seem like real people.

Here, I think you may have surpassed Hollywood's version of the story, since Hollywood didn't spend any time developing traits besides "smart" and "angry" and "charming" and other things that only serve the plot. You've taken your time, and while I do have to wonder at the pacing of this story (the events must have taken a month so far, yet you repeat throughout the story that graduation is in three weeks), the characterization itself more than compensates for such discrepancies.

That said, do you plan to finish? I know - that's probably the last thing you want to hear after such a long review. But I do think that a story this well-done at least needs to be finished, so then more people can enjoy Nordic pairings with a fun plot and romance that actually helps the characters (along with fulfilling our fangirl fantasies). Please, think about wrapping this up. You'll be doing a service to readers like me.
Crimson Husky chapter 9 . 2/17/2013
Great story. and the characters act so cute. Except Norway at times, but, that's what makes him awesome.
Keep writing and i hope the next chapter is just as great.
Jessie Priest chapter 9 . 1/15/2013
Please continue! Can't say much because I'm in school but please!
SillyKwado chapter 9 . 12/21/2012
Oh gosh I love this story so much! I can't wait to see how it turns out! I hope you eventually continue this story because it is really good and it makes me happy (even though it's not all completely a happy-ish story but I think you know what I mean)! :)
Luz Adilene chapter 9 . 12/15/2012
Hola vas a necesitar un traductor para poder leer esto (yo use uno para leer tu historia por que mi ingles es fatal). jejeje pero bueno no me resistí empece a leer tu historia ayer en la noche y la termine de leer hasta donde la dejaste hoy en la noche (en México, en tu estado no se ni que hora sera) solo quiero decirte que es muy buena y me sorprende que ya no la terminaras y si lo piensas hacer ... pues bueno ya lleva algo de tiempo abandonada jeje . mil gracias espero que la retomes pronto es realmente buena no la dejes a mi realmente me gustaria saber el final.

Att. una loca amante del dennor.
Aariah chapter 1 . 7/22/2012
This is probably the best I have ever seen DenmarkxNorway written. Ever. Its sweet, funny and well, real. Please continue, I think I would cry if you just left it at this point.
phoenixphlight chapter 9 . 6/24/2012
This hasn't been updated in months, but I really like it. Please continue it.
Deidara'sgirl19 chapter 9 . 4/16/2012
I really like this story! DenNor is a new pairing I starting getting really interested in, and your story is so cute with just the right amount of angst and romance for these two.

I don't know if you plan on continuing this fic or not (seeing as how you last updated August 2011), but if you do I can't wait to find out what happens next with prom and Ivan. If you're not planning on continuing, then I loved everything about this story! :3
Glitterthorn chapter 2 . 3/20/2012
We just finished Taming of the Shrew in class, and I'm seeing all the parallels... Tino is Bianca, and Nikolai is obviously Katherine, and Mathias I think is Petruchio, and Berwald/Ivan are Gremio/Hortensio...

*looks at last update date, which is five months ago*

DAMMIT I WANTED YOU TO UPDATE. I'M ALERTING ANYWAY.