Reviews for Saving Fire
cindylili chapter 15 . 4/12
The Games was amazing as usual, but I have to admit that the chapters between Johanna's Games and the Quarter Quell were kind of boring.
rebelmagnus chapter 15 . 11/22/2013
Was the sequel ever posted? Great Series!
wolfeclipse25 chapter 15 . 1/10/2013
I loved this story; great sequel!
Corned Cliches chapter 15 . 12/12/2012
Wow. I've read all of your Hunger Games stories and I love the backstory that you've given Johanna. Thank you so much for your wonderful grammar and spelling - it's nice to be able to read a story without being turned off by that.

Please keep on writing...

Corned Cliches
Aureleis chapter 15 . 7/4/2012
Just as good as the first book. Nicely done.
c chapter 4 . 5/13/2012
I don't think it's implausible that the districts would be low tech. Lack of technology would give the citizens more work, which would ensure that they had less time/energy to rebel. If you spend all your time on backbreaking labor to put food on the table, you aren't thinking about much beyond your next meal and how to stay warm in the winter. Besides, technology is a dangerous tool for them to have. If they can produce enough to sustain the Capitol without technology, why give it to them?
WiCkEdAvEnGeD chapter 15 . 4/6/2012
kick ass story! plz do more
PK9 chapter 14 . 4/2/2012
Wow, the fight scene was intense. I gather from the reviews and your A/N that you originally had Johanna killing Brutus. It still sounds like she did most of the work, but I guess it explains one of my biggest question marks which was how one-legged Peeta managed to kill a trained Career. And anyways, MJ doesn't do a good job explaining where Johanna was in this scene, so overall I think you did a good job.

Bactracking a bit, I love the part about the pearls - specifically that Johanna from the logging District wouldn't know that kind of information about coal and pearls. I also love how they talk about the breakout plan but then try to cover it up by making it sound like they're talking about alliances.

The ending... Man, Johanna and Peeta were so close to escaping. But it fits in perfectly with Plutarch's explanation that his hovercraft barely got out of there in time.

Anyways, good chapter! On to the epilogue!
PK9 chapter 13 . 3/30/2012
First of all, I owe you a huge apology. I fell behind reading in December and for some reason it's taken me forever to get back to it. (It's taken me a long time to catch in Caisha's Paylor story too.) I guess when I stopped seeing your chapter updates in my inbox I figured I wasn't that far behind, not realizing that you've completed the story already. Anyways, I'm back.

The ironic thing is THIS was the chapter I was waiting for, for the longest time now - pretty much since NOL. I LOVED reading what Johanna was thinking when she said that line about the whole country rebelling.

I love how her main concern is Finnick after the jabberjay incident. The "Firekids" are there, but kinda an afterthought.

I think it was great that it was actually a mental slip for her to let Katniss know that she had no one left. I remember the list from NOL, but I guess it needed to be included for those who haven't read the oneshot. I especially liked the fact that Johanna went to get water partly so she could gather her thoughts about her past.

The bread. I always wondered why Finnick and Beetee were so weirdly particular about the number, and I'm glad Johanna covered up for them.

Beetee. Aw, Beetee. I didn't expect that, but I think it might actually be my favorite part of the chapter. Grieving for Wiress his closest friend, but doing so privately. I'd like to imagine he did my D3 salute while Johanna wasn't looking.

As for the wire trap. I'd say it shouldn't work because the wire is grounded? Since it's in contact with the ground the current should flow directly into the floor and therefore not down the wire? I guess it might be able to work if the current was strong enough, and the dielectric constant of the soil wasn't has high, some of the current could go down the wire into the water. But either way, it doesn't really matter if the supposed plan would work, because that wasn't the real plan anyways. The real plan was to get the wire to connect the tree with the force field, a much shorter distance.

Anyway, on to the next chapter. I'll review soon!
KinkiKid chapter 1 . 3/28/2012
Your series on Johanna are no doubt, absolutely fantastic. At first I was a little apprehensive about what kind of person you had initially made her out to be, because I had always imagined her as a person who had a lot to lose before she was reaped in her first games. In the books when she had said 'she had no one left that she loved' I imagined so much bitterness towards the Capitol as if they were responisble for everything; but all doubt was completely crushed when I read up until the end of this story. the way you played her character as well as Finnick's was sublime. By the time Johanna transitioned from her own series back into the books there was no abrupt shift in character which was amazing. I don't mean to sound as if I know everything there is to writing, but in short, I'm in love with this story.
chabitso.0 chapter 15 . 3/24/2012
you're so amazing! i love these stories, and i cant wait for the
Zeviz chapter 1 . 3/22/2012
I'll talk about how much I like your writing itself in later reviews, but for now I just want to say that I am very impressed by your admission in the author notes that you can't treat some subjects with the respect they deserve. Good job with that. As for your writing, I like it a lot, and will say more later.
Captain.Daisy.Adrianna.Grey chapter 15 . 3/22/2012
awesome way to end the story. cant wait to read more. :)
Captain.Daisy.Adrianna.Grey chapter 1 . 3/20/2012
well, i'm pretty sure that in the books it says he tried and failed, so i agree with this chapter. :) i enjoyed it.
xoxcrescentmoonxox chapter 15 . 1/20/2012
Sorry it's been forever since I've read; college has been busy. I'm so glad I came back to finish this. Your characterization of Johanna is, as always, very well coordinated with what we learn about her in canon. I liked the scene you added on the beach between Finnick, her, and Beetee a lot. You do a wonderful job of writing the double-meaninged statements of their part in the rebellion. And her POV on taking out Katniss was also well done! The water torture in the epilogue is absolutely awful :(

Anyway, thanks so much for sharing this :) Sorry this review isn't more eloquent, but it's late and I'm about to go to bed. I'll definitely be looking out for any sequels.