Reviews for Window to the Soul
Luv2Co chapter 9 . 10/5
Just found your story. Really enjoyed it. Wish the series hadn't ended when it did. So much they could have explored but we get it now in writers like you. Thank you for sharing.
Mrs.Phineas Bogg chapter 9 . 12/18/2011
Lovely way to end the saga, but I also enjoyed the twist. I suppose that means a continuation while Bogg heals. This Mayhew seems like an interesting character. I like what Bogg said, that Anne should have gotten a degree as well, because Helen probably needed her every step of the way. Oh well. :D Great job with this story!
Mrs.Phineas Bogg chapter 8 . 12/18/2011
This chapter had me on the edge of my seat, and then when the bandages were coming off I was near tears. I love all the descriptions and how adept Bogg had become while blinded. It was cute how he knew the lovelorn look on Jeff's face. Now I can just imagine the faces of the doctor and Anagnos when they go back in the room and find them vanished!
Bookworm41 chapter 9 . 12/5/2011
Great job, I loved it.
Voyager Tip chapter 9 . 12/5/2011
Boy, that ending back at headquarters sure surprised me! But it was great. And Mayhew... we know him from your other story. It's fun to run into the same characters again. Really nice job, I enjoyed reading it.
mcatB chapter 8 . 11/30/2011
Another great chapter. Nice to see that Bogg can see... Looking forward to what's next. Thanks.
Mrs.Phineas Bogg chapter 7 . 11/25/2011
I've probably said this a million times, but I love how descriptive your settings are. You have a knack for easily putting right on the scene as if I were one of the Voyagers or just an invisible observer. The garden scene was very lovely and Jeff's crush is soo sweet! And I love that Bogg is doing well in his lessons, the falling down with Anne was too funny and I like her teaching methods and redecorating. I can't wait to see how this is all resolved. Because Bogg's blindness is bring me to tears.
Bookworm41 chapter 7 . 11/20/2011
Great job, I love the romance going on with Jeff it is so sweet.
Mrs.Phineas Bogg chapter 6 . 11/14/2011
Lovely chapter. I appreciate how you write Bogg's new awareness to the sounds, smells and textures, they more apparent now than ever before. Very well done. Anne's illustration of loss was excellent too. Arr, Bogg and Jeff's talk is heartbreaking, I have tears in my eyes. And love how you incorporated a bit of Bogg's speech, "I'll talk to her, try to persuade her to take the chance."

I hate to see Bogg in so much pain and fear.

Touching way to end this chapter-He could hear Anne smiling. I really look forward to more. Sorry for the review delay.
Bookworm41 chapter 6 . 10/28/2011
Loved it. great play between the characters, and I love that Bogg was willing to be more like himself and take on the challenge of handling the job.
Voyager Tip chapter 6 . 10/24/2011
Just beautiful! Well worth the wait. Keep up the good work!
Jake Crepeau chapter 6 . 10/24/2011
Oh, this is good! I love the subtle way Anne is learning the skills she will need to deal with Helen. Sending Jeffrey away is the parallel to taking Helen to the summerhouse and away from her family. Given that Helen is also deaf and dumb will make the job so much harder, and dealing with Bogg now will give her the confidence to tackle the additional problems.

The other thing I like is how Bogg's learning that he actually knows the feel of different fabrics. His noticing the musical gurgling sound of water filling a cup is another nice touch. Contrary to popular belief, the other senses do not become more acute when one loses his sight; he just pays more attention to them because they're all he has. Bogg is learning that there are things he always knew, but just never noticed.

And to top everything off, Jeffrey is finally beginning to learn that he doesn't have to cling, a major step in dealing with his own grief.
Mrs.Phineas Bogg chapter 5 . 9/9/2011
I've said it before, but I really love your descriptions of Bogg dealing with his blindness. It's so heart-rending and I can completely picture it. I wish they did a 'blind' episode on the series. That would have been amazing. And how Jeff is dealing with it, makes me sad for him too. Wow, I'm really getting teary-eyed here. I love how everything connects with Anne. This voyage just fell into their laps with Anagnos asking if they can convince her to teach Helen. Love Anne's reaction to Bogg, it's about time someone acknowledged they look nothing alike. I always try and put one of those lines in my stories. haha. Anne was a very pretty woman, she looked just like actress Diane Franklin. I could see her playing Anne if this were an episode. :D Wonderful chapter! Can't wait to read the rest. :D
Voyager Tip chapter 5 . 9/9/2011
Another great chapter, as usual. Wonderful details about people who are blind and how they feel and navigate the world. Lots of your phrasing really struck me..."his nerves sang like a taut wire" was one outstanding phrase. I really enjoyed this and I hope you will write more soon!
Bookworm41 chapter 5 . 9/9/2011
Nice job.

I think you did a great job with Boggs feelings.