Reviews for Expected
Miss-Talkative chapter 1 . 5/13/2011
Wow! This was fantastic, the imagery was magnificent. I was standing there right with them! It was just beautifully written. At first I thought they were there to end a romance but boy did it go dark!

Just from the few lines dialogue we got the feel of their characters. I absolutely loved it and the last line was perfect.

Great job Red. _

Shai x
TuesdayNovember chapter 1 . 5/13/2011
Oh. My. Goodness. I knew from the first paragraph that I was going to love this. The descriptions here are beautiful, powerful and dark - a fitting reflection of the mood of this stunning piece. This is (in the least punning sense) a very atmospheric fic; the description, the tone, all of it is very vivid and quite perfect.

I loved the way you managed to convey so much of what's happening through only a few lines of dialogue. There's no backstory other than what we glean from Draco's words and the way they act. Very nicely done.

When I started this, I actually thought this was going to be romantic - two lovers standing on a hill in the dark, very romantic stuff - but it took a turn for the dark instead, and I thought that was a wonderful choice. I could really feel for Ginny at the end - and oh, what an end that was.

I thought this was marvellously done, perfectly characterized, beautifully written and overall very, very interesting. I enjoyed this very much. )
Anna Scathach chapter 1 . 5/13/2011
Good fic, vivid imagery. I like it!

The images here are so powerful - the descriptions of the wind, the thunderstorm, the rain make it all come to life. It seems so real. Beautiful, beautiful descriptions, Red.

And the story behind it is beautiful as well. Sad and dramatic, but in a ver good way. )

"He respected that about her, a Gryffindor through and through, brave right up to the very end." Here you go for a perfect characterisation of the both of them, his respect and her bravery. Well done! It's also the perfect last sentence for this fic.

One last thing though - you write "the wind howled it's fury", and that "it's" appears again at least twice. It should be its (like hers, his, etc. as opposed to it is). Sorry, I'm a SPaG hag, I guess. ;)

But this fic really is amazing, captivating me until the very end. Beautifully done, Red, beautifully done!

Anna