Reviews for Catharsis
This was wonderful!
quoththeraven5 chapter 1 . 8/10/2014
this is beautiful! :)
missgsmith51 chapter 1 . 6/11/2014
"Surely Poppy or Dumbledore or Minerva had done this? Surely one of them must have listened to Potter talk his soul out, one of them must have realised that here was a little boy who had just fought to the death!"

Have you ever considered (well, you have, but apparently Hogwarts staff haven't) that Harry experienced at least one severe trauma in each of his six years at Hogwarts - yet not once was he ever "debriefed," counseled, or treated for emotional distress? And did he return to a loving family who could help him talk it out and corm to terms with the horrors? No, he returned to more horrors.

When I think of the things that kid has had to "stuff down" inside, it angers me ... because the idea of school personnel not providing proper emotional support and healing for traumatized students came from somewhere. It also makes me wonder how Harry has remained a sweet, sane kid and not a psychotic mess. What I think Harry should do as an adult is become a mind healer. He certainly understands the need better than most.
Delphi Psmith chapter 1 . 9/29/2013
"Refrain from accepting too much responsibility for others' actions," Severus ordered. "That is arrogance and pride just as much as accepting too little for your own."

"Does... does it get easier?"
"Pray it never does, Potter."

EXCELLENT. I've always thought that Harry's reaction to Quirrell's death was disturbingly nonexistent in the books. Nice job filling in the gap.
slightlyanonymous chapter 1 . 8/1/2013
You kept to Snape's character and personality so well! This is great!
thewandcrafter chapter 1 . 7/15/2013
Potent and true.
sarahsezlove chapter 1 . 7/15/2013
Truly moving.
serenityselena chapter 1 . 5/29/2013
marvelous story :)
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 4/30/2013
Marvelous story. (of course, fighting for Harry Potter ultimately does get Snape killed, but as he pointed out, that's a decision by an adult involved there).

What pity nobody will ever be there for Snape...but he's used to that.

I do wish someone had really listened to Harry in canon like this, though.
fanficfantasies chapter 1 . 4/12/2013
Pray it never gets easier. Amen to that. Great story.
mworth1019 chapter 1 . 3/17/2013
one word...WOW
GuidingHand chapter 1 . 1/26/2013
It has always bugged me as well, a child ends a mans life and yet he receives no counseling. I liked Snape's reactions to Harry and the things he told Harry.
her illusion chapter 1 . 1/9/2013
oooh good work,you write hysterical harry very well! :)
azure1996 chapter 1 . 12/30/2012