Reviews for Facing Forward
Xtin2000 chapter 1 . 2/27
oh my God this is awesome! awesome awesome beyond awesom!
mckydstarlight chapter 1 . 2/15
Don't mind me. I'm just crying in the corner. No big deal.
englishtutor chapter 1 . 11/30/2015
So sweet. I love picturing Lestrade as a father.
agent-oli chapter 1 . 11/26/2015
one wordbeautiful
Irene34 chapter 1 . 2/10/2014
Sweet.
RittannasFire chapter 1 . 1/7/2014
I don't read Harry Potter but this made me think of Gandaf in Lord of the Rings, or maybe Theoden. Also Methuselah and the abbot in 'Redwall' I think she would have cried then too.
librarywitch chapter 1 . 9/11/2013
Oh wow! That needed a Kleenex alert. I love all three of the boys' relationship in this story arc. Well done.
DragonTraining101 chapter 1 . 6/17/2013
Amazing. I'm off tovread the next one as soon as i favorite this one
anemix chapter 1 . 5/20/2013
Sherlock and nail polish *ahem* sorry, nail lacquer. XD
Riya Morut chapter 1 . 4/14/2013
"'Tell Lestrade that his fears are baseless and, frankly, insulting. I would be on my best behavior. I would do absolutely nothing to scar his daughter for life.'

Choking back a laugh, John brought the mobile back to his ear. 'I think that's Sherlock-speak for 'Can Sofie come over to play?''"

Such a great moment. I also like the phrase "The Weapon Of Which We Never Speak." It must gall Lestrade a bit to let law-breaking happen underneath his nose.

I'm loving this as an alternate ending after "The Great Game." In a way I was disappointed when Moriarty's phone rang and he let them off the hook. Stories like this provide so much drama, it's a shame we missed out on it in the TV show.

And now, my favorite bit: "One of her small hands fisted in her father's jacket. John stared at the other where it rested on Lestrade's back. Her thumb and index finger extended to form a right angle, while the other three fingers curled into her palm. Of course, he realized: it was her blaster gun. She'd come brokenhearted, but she'd also come armed." What a great moment.

Fantastic job, as usual. On to your next fic...
FarGreenCountrySwiftSunrise chapter 1 . 12/29/2012
AWWWW! So sweet. Thanks for writing this.
emLILYEVANS chapter 1 . 7/24/2012
OMG STARWARS HARRY POTTER AND SHERLOCK ALL IN ONE PLACE. You have no idea how happy this makes me. I really love these series of oneshots.
I-use-this-for-the-bookmarks chapter 1 . 7/8/2012
Oh there is more! Fantastic. I shall be reading the rest soon.
Torchbug chapter 1 . 7/7/2012
LOL If Sofie can survive Sherlock, she can survive any child. Sherlock totally has a soft side, which we almost never get to see. He's kind, compassionate, and enjoys helping people and being praised. But he hides under his self-diagnosis of sociopathy. And Sofie brings that out. Unlike most of the other focal-point OCs in this fandom, she's a child, therefore illuminating another facet of Sherlock's personality. In Sherlock/OC stories, all you see is his love for another person other than John. But here, you see another aspect of the emotion he feels towards John directed to a person obviously inferior, in a way. Sofie's a child, so she's expected to not have the intelligence of an adult. Sherlock sets himself the model from which he formulates of all those his age, but with Sofie, he sets the bar lower to compensate for her age and isn't disappointed. I don't know if that makes sense, but good job!
visitor chapter 1 . 1/31/2012
So, emotional rollercoasters are kinda your thing, aren't they? I laughed so hard through the first two thirds and then, suddenly, it all turns so dark and angsty. You just make it so convincing- the love Lestrade has for his daughter and the unbearable weight his profession and also his connection to John and Sherlock presents... I want to give Lestrade a hug:)