Reviews for Brave New World
dragonfox123 chapter 1 . 7/24
great plot and chapter
WindChronicles chapter 64 . 9/1/2014
Oh no, Ed wasn't able to keep his promise of happy tears this time, and I felt horrible for Winry and Pinako. That's why I'm really glad that Hohenheim was able to tell her Ed and Al are still alive before he died. She just has to wait a little longer.
WindChronicles chapter 63 . 9/1/2014
All the hand holding between Winry and Al, and their ease with each other, is really sweet. It's a nice, peaceful contrast to all the emotional turmoil in this fic (though I also like reading the latter, for different reasons).
WindChronicles chapter 57 . 9/1/2014
Even though 2003 Winry is very similar to her counterpart, it made uncomfortable that Ed was projecting some of his feelings for manga Winry on her. He needs to stop himself from doing that, or leaving this world will be even harder for both of them.
WindChronicles chapter 55 . 9/1/2014
It really is worse than Scar killing Winry's parents, because Roy was someone the brothers thought they could trust, and they were even joking with him a few chapters ago. I don't like how 2003 Roy and Riza continue to justify their actions with the war, since manga Riza was adamant that it was her choice to pull the trigger, and nothing could take that from her. Manga Roy and Riza never expect to be forgiven for their sins, but they continue to live in order to make sure that such a tragedy never happens again.
WindChronicles chapter 50 . 9/1/2014
Aw, Al crying for the pain Winry must have felt when she found out who murdered her parents. I'm taking a guess that Winry looked at him strangely because 2003 Ed and Al hadn't expressed as much sympathy to her pain.
Another difference to 2003 Roy and Riza that I like is that their manga counterparts don't absolve themselves of guilt just because they were in a war. They take full responsibility for following those orders, and that's why they are so determined to change the military for the better.
WindChronicles chapter 48 . 9/1/2014
I like how this chapter shows that Al knows his brother so well, Ed is like an open book to him. Though I'm dreading the moment when he finds out the reason for Ed's bad mood. This is hard for everyone involved.
WindChronicles chapter 46 . 9/1/2014
It's sad that Ed walking next to her is such a novelty for 2003 Winry. But that highlights one of the aspects I really like about the brothers' relationship with Winry in the manga, they see her as an equal. They also recognise her strength for what it is. It's ironic that though the 2003 anime focused so much on the brothers, they actually made them colder and more angsty than their manga counterparts; while Winry had the same strength and compassion, but she just didn't get the respect she deserved.
WindChronicles chapter 43 . 9/1/2014
Eugh, not only was 2003 Hohenheim freakier, he was also a much bigger douchebag than manga Hohenheim.

I still can't get over how 2003 Roy killed Winry's parents, at least with Scar you could understand why he did it (though like Ed said that doesn't justify it). But 2003 Roy, he never really apologised to Winry directly, and then my opinion of him went even lower when we found out in CoS that he kind of moped around instead of really trying to change the military. It also made me mad that 2003 Ed and Al didn't seem to care that he killed their friend's parents. Again I'm so glad that the brothers and Roy are much more sympathetic and reasonable in the manga.
WindChronicles chapter 36 . 9/1/2014
It was funny how Ed had to explain his automail to Winry. That reminds, Winry never had a Rush Valley apprenticeship in the 2003 anime right, so of course she didn't have the same opportunities as her counterpart.
Ed feeling indignation over how his counterpart treated Winry, yep my exact thoughts. I really like the contrast to how their relationship developed in the manga; because manga Ed started out not wanting to let Winry know how dangerous their journey was, and then they gradually came to a level of understanding and respect that allowed them to be open with each other.
WindChronicles chapter 33 . 9/1/2014
So Ed and Al finally find out that the 2003 brothers aren't as close to Winry. They seemed to be thinking along the same lines this chapter, both wanting to hit 2003 Ed for his piss poor farewell message. Al's realization that their counterparts don't have a reason to return is pretty sad considering they were so determined to bring them home a few chapters ago.
WindChronicles chapter 32 . 8/31/2014
Aw I'm happy this Pinako got to see the kids safe and together again, she deserves that. Though it sure is funny whenever someone makes the observation that manga Ed is taller than Winry, especially since 2003 Ed never went through the same growth spurt.
WindChronicles chapter 30 . 8/31/2014
I'm gonna have to agree with Riza on this one, manga Ed and Al are much tougher emotionally than their 2003 counterparts; they'd have to be to go through just as many trials and yet still be able to smile and laugh so freely.
WindChronicles chapter 26 . 8/31/2014
I don't recall Ed ever wearing a hat, and trying to picture it is weird, since his antenna would be covered, heh.
I wonder if Ed's going to find out Dr Marcoh is dead in this univers, but what I'm really looking forward to is when he and Al find out why Winry and Mustang act so strangely with each other.
Aw, it's sad that Al won't be able to walk to Rezembool, but it's a comfort to think that he'll have the strength to walk back to his true home.
WindChronicles chapter 24 . 8/31/2014
Al requesting kittens. So cute.

Ouch. Winry discovered a big difference between the two Alphonses in this chapter. Her verbal smackdown of the nurse was great though! :D

I'd have the same reaction as Al to being a kid again, without any of my older self's memories. With their combined determination and brilliance, I can actually see Ed and Al being able to bring their 2003 counterparts back home, though I'm not sure if that'd be for the best, since the latter were much less attached to the Rockbells.