Reviews for You're An Idiot
G.E Waldo chapter 19 . 3/24/2014
It isn't often I come across a story that I cannot put down! This was marvelous. Your writing is mature and well crafted. And the voices are perfect, simply perfect! I could hear all the characters clearly and you kept them true to their natures. Bravo! Plus the plot was captivating - which is why I could not stop reading once I started. Even if I was interrupted I'd hurry through whatever it was and rush right back to my PC or my phone to continue. I also love that Mycroft shows some feelings there, near the end, about why he is always so concerned for his little brother and is glad that John is in Sherlock's life and says so. Plus Sherlock whump is a dirty little secret of mind. I simply love this modern Sherlock - so unbelievably sexy!
I have always loved Sherlock Holmes and have read all the Doyle stories and at one time was addicted to Jeremy Brett's Sherlock manifestation. But this new TV Sherlock gives the character so much more scope to move and be impulsive and young and vivacious (without even trying), plus Watson is far more an active participant in the modern BBC TV Sherlock's adventures than he ever was in the stories or in the older series with Jeremy B.

Interestingly I am writing a story right now that sets Mycroft at odds with John because Mycroft thinks John is the reason Sherlock is getting into more trouble than usual; because Sherlock cares for John and so risks himself for the doctor. Mycroft isn't too keen on that idea since he made a promise to mummy and daddy to keep his reckless kid brother safe. The Mycroft angle is a sub-plot in the current story but soon to become the central plot in the sequel.
Anyway I just wanted to let you know how fabulous I thought 'You're An Idiot' is - I almost missed it too! Glad I didn't. :)

GE Waldo (Genie)
G.E Waldo chapter 6 . 3/24/2014
Excellent! Just like an episode which is marvelous since we've got another two year wait until season four. Boo-hop.
Ezra Scarlet chapter 19 . 1/28/2014
I didnt really get the last part with molly. If you would care to explain? But other than that, a bloody brilliant story. thank you for putting in the effort and time too complete it!
basswall2 chapter 18 . 1/3/2014
Oh, and I forgot to add that I also loved your creation of Seba, an anti-John to compliment Moriarty, the anti-Sherlock. Brilliant!
basswall2 chapter 19 . 1/3/2014
Wow! I know you finished this story quite a while ago, but I just recently discovered (and fell in love with) the Sherlock series. You did an excellent job of keeping the characters true to the personalities they have on the show, and your plot is engaging and riveting. I also thought your epilogue was intriguing if a little unsettling. I like Molly's character and would never have thought of her as a villain, but I have to say, it is an ingenious twist, and could very easily fit into the storyline, given her past association with Moriarty. You should send the idea to Moffat and friends and see what happens!
Anyway, just wanted to say, this was an awesome story and you are a great writer. Keep it up!
PurpleReader29 chapter 15 . 9/2/2013
Mycroft just knocked Sebastian Moran out with his umbrella. My life is complete. You do not know how happy this made me!
debwalker1956 chapter 19 . 7/27/2013
This was great. You did such a wonderful job.
Fudge7000 chapter 19 . 2/4/2013
Really enjoyed this thank you!
InsideYourDreams24 chapter 19 . 1/5/2013
I'm not even going to TRY and think too much about that epilogue right now, I can't deal with all of the emotions! But in a seriousness, this story was absolutely incredible. The way you write emotions for Sherlock -and John for that matter- is absolutely unparalleled. The way you had Moriarty break Sherlock down in a matter of minutes... it was so eerie, yet completely believable at the same time. And I also enjoyed Mycroft as well, I can tell you had a good time writing him. Anyways, fantastic job. Really, you're amazing.
J-bug chapter 19 . 12/27/2012
LOVED IT.
CherryFlavouredPoison chapter 19 . 12/6/2012
OK, so... where to start...?

I've been reading your story for, like, three days (School's a murder, believe me), and since it is a chapter fic, and I usually leave reviews for those, I decided to do one for this story as well.

Dearest lady, this is, by and far, one of the most amazing Sherlock stories I have read recently. I still haven't watched the whole series (I am missing out two episodes of the second series), and I was glad for this work not having any spoilers - they ruin all the fun.

You've kept the characters so marvelously in character, that I could hardly believe that this was not filmed into an extra episode of "Sherlock" :) I absolutely adore Moriarty's creepiness and, almost, perversity, it was awesome. Almost sent shivers down my spine when I was reading that chapter. Also glad that Anthea made her appearance - I really liked her too.

Normally, I would try to keep this review long and full of opinions on your work, but, forgive me my bluntness, I am dead tired. I promised myself that I'll finish reading this fic and go to sleep, so Good Night! I'm going to look at more of your works tomorrow - I really enjoy your writing style.

Thanks!

- Cherry
Kelllie chapter 19 . 11/29/2012
Okay, well this fic was BRILLIANT! It hit all the right notes for me. Smart, funny, heavy on the h and light on the c, fab twist ending. Definitely a favorite. I so wish you'd write more in the fandom!
Kelllie chapter 11 . 11/29/2012
Wow. This story is just so damn GOOD! And each chapter gets better and better. On chapter 11 now, and can't wait to finish it. Great plotting, fantastic dialogue, characterizations pitch-perfect! Love IT.
Don'tSleep chapter 19 . 9/3/2012
HOLY CRAP! Molly's Evil!
Don'tSleep chapter 18 . 9/3/2012
Oh Sherly, why can you never stay put? I reeeally like the story so far! Thanx!