Reviews for Boromir's Return
StoryReigns96 chapter 22 . 9h
Thank you for wasting all my time with 22 chapters for you to fuck Boromir over, no point of him of even being alive now. Should have made it clear from the start that was your intention.
Snwh122 chapter 1 . 8/15
It's interesting that I found this right after I had an idea for a similar fic (Boromir comes back to life), if I ever do write it, I don't think they'll conflict though.

That aside, this looks like an interesting fic, and congrats on finishing it! I look forwards to reading more.
Sons of Feanor chapter 9 . 7/19
This is getting to me so much that I literally had a dream about Svip last night.
divad relffehs chapter 25 . 7/15
For Eowyn to wed means giving up being a soldier. She can not be a mother and soldier simultaneously. Also, a minor nitpick. The men of Gondor aren't polytheists and don't treat the Valar as gods.
AI chapter 1 . 6/8
I remember reading this a few years ago and being blown away. Svip is almost a foil fit Gollum. They are both water based creatures sustained by magic. But Svip is benign, vegetarian, learns to care for Boromir. The resurrection doesn't feel like a deus ex machina because of the strict limitations it places on Boromir.

Also, the humans of Gondor act like modern humans. They don't believe in elven mysticism like prophesies and lineages as much as common sense and actionable advantage. A lot more pragmatic bunch than in the books.

I'm sure I'll think of more details I live about this fic later. Thank you so much for writing and sharing!
Maria chapter 1 . 2/22
What a fascinating AU, and one that expands Boromir's character wonderfully. Can't wait to keep reading!
dancingkatz chapter 29 . 11/23/2014
I stumbled across your story the other day and am so glad I did. This is one of the most imaginative and well-written "Boromir lives" fics that I've ever had the pleasure of reading. I especially like your Denethor though all your characterizations are marvelous. Bravissimi!
MrRobertsIII chapter 27 . 11/17/2014
Fantastic. Just finished another reading of it and I enjoyed even more than the first.
Freia72 chapter 29 . 10/25/2014
Thank you very much for sharing this work with everyone ! It's a wonderful story, with wonderful characters (and, yes, I also think that Svip could fit in Tolkienverse). I really like the way you "write" Boromir, proud, pigheaded to a fault, but faithful and full of humour too. I also enjoyed the portrayals of Faramir and Denethor,very much in character (I disagree with Peter Jackson's point of view reducing the first to a spineless young man and the latter to a psychopath already sunk into madness). The relationship you depicted between the two brothers and their father is a very powerful one. I also like the way you hint at romance, but you keep it quite realistic (Boromir could love Eowyn, and she could hesitate between the two brothers), and then discart it while keeping hopes for the future. Also, I like how you explain in detail the way everything works in Minas Tirith, the councils, the guilds, etc. Well, Bravo ! (and please forgive my mistakes).
Guest chapter 29 . 10/24/2014
A massive and beautiful work. Svip is a fascinating addition to Tolkien's legendarium, and I like your characterizations, especially of Boromir and Denethor.

Although if Svip's people mate only once a lifetime and produce only one child at a time, their population will die out in time.
Guest chapter 8 . 8/25/2014
Woahhhh, so now both Boromir and Faramir and married now?
Peersrogue chapter 1 . 5/18/2014
Fascinating, very original. Looking forward to reading it all the way through. Many thanks.
Hakazu chapter 29 . 3/31/2014
A awesome story from start to end! Love everything about it! Great work!
HassleCastle chapter 1 . 2/20/2014
The beginning was a little amatuer but with the progression of the story you outdid yourself. The depiction of Denethor was outstanding and you caught Boromir pretty well too. The creation of swip was brilliantly creative, and the pace was good. I loved thefact that aragorn was actually voted in by a council. I also loved the ocs and the actual depiction of a government other then denethor. I did not like the three way courtship of eowyn. It felt too much like vampire diaries. Andbecause of it the ending felt a little inconclusive. I also kept waiting for aragorn's wedding which didn't happen. over all a very engaging story and sad that it ended. :-)
KrnYong chapter 29 . 1/16/2014
I loved this story thoroughly, the way you ended it was very nice. Characterizations were on point, esp. Denethor and Boromir. They are complex ppl with natural suspicion and fierce pride and loyalty, it makes sense why they were wary of Aragorn. The character of Svip was, at first, a little weird for me and the circumstances of Boromir's revival (only beinb able to be 10 mi. from the Anduin) was iffy, but you made it all work perfectly. The world of Middle Earth seems so natural here, as if I should think "of course a green horse creature brought Boromir back to life", "Boromir's survival would definitely change Gondor like this after the War", or "Merry courted Éowyn- sounds legit". Speaking of Éowyn, I enjoyed the 3 suitors and how civil they all were and how independent she is. The hint that Faramir might still end up with her was nice. The revision of the doscovery of the Tree as well as the lessening of Gandalf's esteem and role was a interesting and bold, but seeing as Boromir is the protagonist and narrator of this, I think it works well.
Anywho, I really had a lot of fun reading this. Thank you for writing it!