Reviews for Boromir's Return
Anne Camp aka Obi-quiet chapter 29 . 10/31/2016
What a lovely story. I was sad to see that Eowyn wasn't actually betrothed to anyone, but I appreciate that you left it open, and indeed I feel that this was most true to all of the characters. It makes me wonder what they would think if they could actually see/meet canon LOTR verse. What would they think of the changes there? Of course, I think it would be years down the road that anyone would be able to see the big effects of the change, but it makes for an interesting thought nonetheless.

Thank you for the wonderful story. :D
Anne Camp aka Obi-quiet chapter 23 . 10/29/2016
When you started pushing Boromir and Eowyn together (quite naturally, btw, nicely done) I will admit I was not happy. Not that (again) you portrayed it poorly, but more in that I'm a sucker for canon pairings. It makes me happy to see Faramir is at least in the running. I could accept Boromir in that case. :)
Anne Camp aka Obi-quiet chapter 18 . 10/28/2016
I have to say that both Denethor and Faramir were thoroughly worked over by Peter Jackson. Of the two of them, I think Faramir had it worse, but then he was my favorite character...I was SO disappointed when I watched Two Towers and got...THAT. *grumbles under breath* I love what you've done with Boromir and Denethor in this particularly. So far this has been nothing short of spectacular. :D
Elessar89 chapter 29 . 8/1/2016
I really enjoyed this story.
Any story containing a resurrection does require a leap of faith. But that was the only leap this story called for. It twisted and turned in a delicate pattern around the canon as opposed to striking a completely different course.
I am glad that I started reading it after it was complete though. I'm not sure I could stand a nine year wait to know how it was finished.
benrobbins77 chapter 23 . 6/2/2016
Your idea is very good, and I like your writing style, and your grammar/punctuation/structure are good. Now to the problems I have with it:

-They both say "gods damn it", or refer to the gods. Gondorians are not polytheists. The Valar are not gods, they are servants of the One, Illuvator. He is the only God Middle Earth. Remember, Tolkien was a very devout Christian.
-You write Boromir and Faramir a like they grew up in Westeros, not Middle Earth. Faramir in particular was not one for swearing or losing his temper.
-Boromir did not despise Aragorn, or have any difficulty with him during the journey of the Fellowship, and hand-waving away his canon deathbed oath of allegiance to Aragorn doesn't change that.

Boromir's return doesn't really seem to change anything, which makes me wonder whether this is really worth the effort you put into it.
marinegirl0716 chapter 1 . 1/27/2016
Ok so I just stumbled upon this. I'm maybe less than a quarter of the way through the 1st chapter, so help me if this little green dude goes "I'm old Greg, want some Bailey's" in a cheesy British accent. I'm done, so done, with fanfiction period. Hopefully, it won't go down that way. Actually if that is how this story goes down fantastic, you've made my night. Boromir and old Greg omg just thank you for real. That visual image shall forever from hence day for shall have me randomly giggling at the most awkward moments.
Sarahml chapter 29 . 1/13/2016
Wow. This is one of the best Boromir A/U fanfiction I have ever read! I am so glad that this story is already a completed one; otherwise, I would have been waiting and wondering about the next chapters for the 10years that it took to finish the story. Still, this fanfiction is one worth waiting for. It was such a pleasure to read a gem like this. I read a good number of fanfictions focusing just on Boromir's survival (or resurrection) and I dare say this was the best one with so many good subplots and believable portrayal of all characters! I thank you for your writing talents and for having provided me with a good winter vacation read! I thoroughly loved your portrayal of Boromir and Faramir and particularly enjoyed the Council scene where people debated the merits of the return of a king. It was a such a fresh perspective that I have never thought of until I read this fanfiction. So realistic it is that there would have been oppositions within Gondor itself against a foreign king's return! I don't know why that has never come across my mind when I read the LotR series. ... probably because of the pro-Aragorn stance of the JRRT. So at the risk of being a heretic, I daresay that your account is much better than that of the canon. Thanks again for writing up a believable alternative universe that is more palatable than the original !
blackunicorne chapter 28 . 11/12/2015
A great and amazing story! Thank you so much for the joy you have given to me by reading it!
Daryl Wor chapter 22 . 9/20/2015
Hey, IDIOT! Maybe you should give something more than a BIOTCH fest for the 22 chapters you enjoyed before signing into fanfiction dot net for some effing FREE entertainment that you enjoyed BEFORE chapter 23! DIPHEAD! If you’re spending TWENTY THREE CHAPTERS of reading the thing and THEN getting SO UPSET at someone making a choice different from what YOU wanted to make.

Maybe you should write your OWN GD story if you’re so pissed. But NO! The problem with YOU is? You need to join the effing PEACE CORPS so you can see how AWESOME your life is! ARSE HOLE!

YOU, StoryReigns96, wasted your OWN GD time while perusing this hardworking entertainer by complaining about this work you enjoyed FOR FREE! How about you get your head out of your ARSE and give some quality time to something you give a darn about? Will you? I DOUBT IT!
StoryReigns96 chapter 22 . 9/3/2015
Thank you for wasting all my time with 22 chapters for you to fuck Boromir over, no point of him of even being alive now. Should have made it clear from the start that was your intention.
Snwh122 chapter 1 . 8/15/2015
It's interesting that I found this right after I had an idea for a similar fic (Boromir comes back to life), if I ever do write it, I don't think they'll conflict though.

That aside, this looks like an interesting fic, and congrats on finishing it! I look forwards to reading more.
Sons of Feanor chapter 9 . 7/19/2015
This is getting to me so much that I literally had a dream about Svip last night.
divad relffehs chapter 25 . 7/15/2015
For Eowyn to wed means giving up being a soldier. She can not be a mother and soldier simultaneously. Also, a minor nitpick. The men of Gondor aren't polytheists and don't treat the Valar as gods.
AI chapter 1 . 6/8/2015
I remember reading this a few years ago and being blown away. Svip is almost a foil fit Gollum. They are both water based creatures sustained by magic. But Svip is benign, vegetarian, learns to care for Boromir. The resurrection doesn't feel like a deus ex machina because of the strict limitations it places on Boromir.

Also, the humans of Gondor act like modern humans. They don't believe in elven mysticism like prophesies and lineages as much as common sense and actionable advantage. A lot more pragmatic bunch than in the books.

I'm sure I'll think of more details I live about this fic later. Thank you so much for writing and sharing!
Maria chapter 1 . 2/22/2015
What a fascinating AU, and one that expands Boromir's character wonderfully. Can't wait to keep reading!