Reviews for Boromir's Return
Nike chapter 1 . 5/11
I found Boromir's tale quite tragic I hope I find a more joyful ending here for him.
Agarthan chapter 29 . 5/6
In an alternate world, our Boromir lives on and I like to think that this is his story. Your work has become dear to me I appreciate your time and passion for this creation Thank you for sharing this with us! I've been reading this whole story for the last 4 or 5 days.
PS: I've only recently started reading up on lotr fics (about 3 weeks now) because I'm looking for some 'aragorn being a father to hobbits' trope . I found your work on a google search of 'what if boromir didn't die'. I am so glad that I did so
Falco chapter 1 . 5/2
Hello! I read this several years ago, and I keep coming back to it. Have you considered also posting your stuff to Archive of Our Own? Boromir's Return is one of my favorite LotR fics, and I'd hate for it to be lost if this site shuts down or deletes content - as I've heard rumors they may be doing.
Anyway, I love your writing, and one of these days I hope to get around to reading your Star Wars content too. Thanks for doing what you do!
finstermunker chapter 29 . 11/20/2020
What a wonderful journey. I hope you are proud of this wonderful work you shared with us all.
Cookie-the-Rookie chapter 23 . 11/19/2020
I’m reaaaally not digging the love triangle. I like everything else though, but I just hate love triangles in general.
Cookie-the-Rookie chapter 15 . 11/18/2020
Is Boromir actively suicidal?! I know going to survive and be badass and everything, but still I can’t help but wonder.
Guest chapter 29 . 11/14/2020
Beautiful story, wonderfully written. Thank you.

P.S.
As a staunch fan of the Iliad, I do not think it my imagination that I see a Homeric style in some of this story, particularly the council scenes and some of the battles. I like it. Very much appreciated. ;)
elsterBean chapter 29 . 11/9/2020
This is an amazing epic tale. The portrayal of Boromir with all his inner conflict and doubt is captivating and Svip is a very original OC!
Cate chapter 2 . 5/17/2020
This is such an exceptional story. It had great depth of character, interesting plots and amazing OCs. Thank you very much for writing it.
Mad Scholar chapter 29 . 5/7/2020
I have spent the last week working through this and at the end I feel a sense of satisfaction similar to when I finished the LOTR series the first time. Thank you for writing this!
Ael chapter 29 . 1/20/2020
I’ve read this story before and I got in a mood to read it again. It’s just as painful and beautiful as it was when I was still a teenager. Bravo!
Cora chapter 29 . 1/14/2020
Such a great story! I had read it years ago and have just recently rediscovered it. I especially like your characterizations, the many interesting and relevant OC's (Svip of course, but also the various men and women of Gondor) and your insights into the complicated politics of a semi-foreign man claiming to be the rightful king of a country that has been ruled by another family for centuries.
Blueelianor chapter 29 . 12/9/2019
Holy Canoodles, Batman. What a masterpiece! I cannot thank you enough for all the time you must've put into this. It is a superb story, one I will be reading over and over again. Thank you, thank you, thank you from giving us a tale worthy of Boromir! :)
Aki chapter 29 . 6/5/2019
This was such an engaging, epic tale! The politics, humor, dialogue and battle scenes were all wonderful. I loved that you kept true to the Tolkien vision of Middle-Earth and remembered that voyages across vast distances were time-consuming and dangerous.

Your take on Boromir made him feel so real, all his interactions with his friends, warriors, family and the Fellowship were great and the internal commentary superb. I especially loved the exploration of the butterfly effect that his resurrection had on known and unknown events (Denethor, Faramir, Eowyn, Aragorn and the Anduin River in particular). I was sad that Faramir did not end up with Eowyn as per the book but this depiction made more sense given Boromir's presence. I did appreciate the match making hints towards their fate.

Favorites scenes: the Anduin's flooding of the Ranger outpost, Boromir's take on the initiation of the Minas Tirith battle (fires in the lower levels, heads flying in, the ultimate terror of the Nazgul on the men) and Denethor's flight from the city. Your writing is so captivating and makes me so happy to read. This is my third time though!

Wish you all the best!
Nora chapter 1 . 4/11/2019
I'm coming back to read this fic for the fourth time. It is so good!