Reviews for Boromir's Return
Guest chapter 1 . 11/29/2021
Those last reviews have been undeservedly nasty and so I feel the urge to write a positive review for your story which I immensely enjoyed, just to balance things a bit.

I particularly enjoyed your realistic portrayal of Gondorian society and the web of loyalties. Your story also highlights why Tolkien had to kill off Denethor- only the vacuum left by his and Boromir's demise, as well as Faramir's incapacitation enabled him to basically walk in and claim the throne of Gondor without any resistance. Them both being alive (in Denethor's case, at least for a while longer) shows, that his claim was by no means a open and shut case. Gondor being a society so deeply rooted in tradition I doubt very much that a newcomer from the North would be welcome unreservedly.

Being a big fan of the Steward's family I very much enjoyed reading this story of yours where they all 3 have a more active role to play than Tolkien allows them.

Thank you!
Anonymous chapter 28 . 11/27/2021
really, this is a response to Mattywilkss ...because there's something hilariously ironic about someone slogging through TWENTY EIGHT chapters of a work that supposedly is so dreadfully unsatisfying...
I did personally find the first chapter the most engaging but ...that's why I didn't actually read all the way through to the end. Y'know: because I was losing interest. And didn't think reading TWENTY EIGHT CHAPTERS solely for sake of writing a bitchy review would serve any purpose other than wasting my oh so precious time.
Calling out irony, however, is entertaining.
Mattywilkss chapter 28 . 11/10/2021
So...Boromir doubts, Hurin hates the king, eowyn refuses to marry anyone, the Rangers are fucking assholes, Merry refuses to go home, and all the guards despise one another. I thought I could force myself to finish this shit but I'm done. I'm done watching you take a shit on a classic. You'd think that after a few millenia of war is finally over that some of these people would take the opportunity to be happy. Thats what happened in canon. Everyone was pretty content that their ancient enemy was finally broken so they came together to rebuild. Not in your story. Hatred, doubt, split loyalties, and racism are the things I see most in the chapters since the fall of mordor. Not only that but enough worthless exposition to put anyone to sleep. I dont know what the fuck you were trying to accomplish here but this might be one of the most unsatisfying stories ive ever read. Have a nice life.
Mattywilkss chapter 26 . 11/10/2021
Just like in the books when people were crying and railing against aragorn being king and calling him a piece of shit from the north who should just fucking die or go away. Oh wait...this isnt fucking game of thrones.
Mattywilkss chapter 23 . 11/10/2021
Where the fuck is all this dislike of aragorn coming from? In both the books and movies boromir was skeptical in the beginning but grew to respect and even admire aragorn. Are you just adding bullshit to make your story more dramatic or did you not pay attention to what the fuck happened?
Mattywilkss chapter 22 . 11/10/2021
"How did he die?"
"He set out on a mission to take the ring for himself and fuck over the army who had basically marched to their deaths."
"A true hero. What of the king who damn near sacrificed himself to destroy the darkness?
"Who cares? What about me and mine? Where is our credit?"
Mattywilkss chapter 21 . 11/10/2021
Boromir: I'm sorry pippin.
Pippin: dont be sorry boromir. Its the authors fault that this horseshit filler trying to make us feel bad for your asshole father stretches on. It is truly a testament to the authors belief that he could redeem such bullshit from denethor. Dont be sorry at all boromir.
Mattywilkss chapter 19 . 11/10/2021
An unbelievable amount of filler and then a few paragraphs of a plot point at the end.
Mattywilkss chapter 18 . 11/10/2021
Congratulations! You have been trying your hardest to make both denethor and boromir as unlikable as possible and you have finally succeeded! Every time denethor opens his mouth is only to insult someone or say something pessimistic and (except for the odd sentence every once in a VERY GREAT while) boromir seems not to care at all that the ring almost drove him to murder Frodo.
Nike chapter 1 . 5/11/2021
I found Boromir's tale quite tragic I hope I find a more joyful ending here for him.
Agarthan chapter 29 . 5/6/2021
In an alternate world, our Boromir lives on and I like to think that this is his story. Your work has become dear to me I appreciate your time and passion for this creation Thank you for sharing this with us! I've been reading this whole story for the last 4 or 5 days.
PS: I've only recently started reading up on lotr fics (about 3 weeks now) because I'm looking for some 'aragorn being a father to hobbits' trope . I found your work on a google search of 'what if boromir didn't die'. I am so glad that I did so
Falco chapter 1 . 5/2/2021
Hello! I read this several years ago, and I keep coming back to it. Have you considered also posting your stuff to Archive of Our Own? Boromir's Return is one of my favorite LotR fics, and I'd hate for it to be lost if this site shuts down or deletes content - as I've heard rumors they may be doing.
Anyway, I love your writing, and one of these days I hope to get around to reading your Star Wars content too. Thanks for doing what you do!
finstermunker chapter 29 . 11/20/2020
What a wonderful journey. I hope you are proud of this wonderful work you shared with us all.
Cookie-the-Rookie chapter 23 . 11/19/2020
I’m reaaaally not digging the love triangle. I like everything else though, but I just hate love triangles in general.
Cookie-the-Rookie chapter 15 . 11/18/2020
Is Boromir actively suicidal?! I know going to survive and be badass and everything, but still I can’t help but wonder.