Reviews for Boromir's Return
Puxinette chapter 20 . 7/26/2010
Very glad to see another chapter! I admire the fact that you are committed to writing this story, just as I am committed to reading it in its entirety.

"As if Merry's expression were not indication enough, for a Hobbit to urge the end of a meal told clearly that something serious was afoot." Love this line. True "hobbit-ism" at its finest.

Thanks for the new chapter. I completely enjoyed it.
marc chapter 25 . 7/26/2010
great chapter
pleasedeleteaccount1245 chapter 25 . 7/26/2010
So excited that this story is being updated :) I love the way that the courtship between Eowyn and Boromir is going, their voices both sound so perfectly in character. I'm looking forward to the scene where Frodo and Boromir meet.
Shemyaza1 chapter 25 . 7/26/2010
Wow...I honestly didn't expect to see another chapter of this excellent story and I am chuffed to little bits to find another chapter waiting. I would honestly never have thought there was such a long gap in between the last chapter and this, the story has carried on seamlessly. I shall look forward to the next couple of chapters.
SashaBatTzion chapter 24 . 6/29/2010
Oh, this is so good! This is amazing!

You said in chapter 20 that you had 26 chapters planned- does that still hold true? I'm sure you must be very busy, with toddlers getting up in your business, but I just wanted to say that this probably the most enjoyable story, fanfiction or no, that I've read in years. I was totally captivated by your characters, and I loved the way that the story changed, but you could still see the traces of the old characters beneath that. This was so believable and in-character, and it was an honor to get to read this. You clearly put a lot of work into it, and it showed. The only critique I could possibly say is that there is some strange capitalization going on in the quotes occasionally, but it's nothing that detracts from the story. Superb work, and if you ever have the time to wrap up all of the loose ends, it would be amazing.

I hope that you're well,

Scottie
kathu chapter 19 . 6/16/2010
Dear Alex,

I hope your twins are doing fine - as hopefully all of your family.

Getting hooked on your story was easy, seeing that there was no update for 1 1/2 years wasnt. sincerely I do hope you will find time again to continue this marvelous story in the midst of a busy family.

All the best, and thanks for sharing your gift of storytelling.

Yours, Kathu
Iva1201 chapter 24 . 5/30/2010
Right, I am amazed at this story, the happening, the lenght, your writing style - though I find it a little bit disturbing (very different from Tolkien) that it's told in 1st person.

Unlike in other Boromir Lives stories your Captain-General didn't change much after his ordeal, especially judging by his attitude to Aragorn - eventhough it was quite refreshing to see another explanation of that scene in the book - the movie makes it much too clear, while the book never states if Boromir would acknowledge Aragorn's claim - or rather says even the opposite when Faramir tells the hobbits what the views of his brother (the well loved brother he should have been to him!) were.

I find it a pity that Boromir is not steward in this one. I like Faramir very much but I think that Boromir took a much too easy way out - if he wanted not to be steward for the reasons he gave in his resignation, he was to wait for Aragorn's return in my opinion, and first solve (privately) things with him, explaining what he is about to do - not acknowledging his claim, but letting him know who he is going to be dealing with and why. I think that Aragorn would very well understand even the true reasons behind the resignation and would understand them.

What I truly like best on the Boromir Lives genre is unfortunately exactly this - Aragorn and Boromir straightening their differences and Boromir finding the strenght/loyality/admiration in himself to prepare the coronation and give "his people" "their king" - on the personal cost for him. In Faramir's case I don't find it nearly that interesting, since there is no real struggle - he never thought he would be steward, he was - as you yourself put it - trained well (by Gandalf) to accept the returning king, and he was shown the true face of the future king in his dark dreams, which left him without doubt. Boromir's acknowledgement of Aragorn's claim is on the other hand likely his biggest victory - his own "I shall remain Galadriel."

But well, I suppose I shall enjoy him being the humble steward elsewhere - what I however would love you to do would be to finish this story one day. (-:
Pheonix Eternia chapter 24 . 1/21/2010
There's not another BoromirLives fic on this site I like half so well. The manner in which you brought him back, his interactions with others and your depth of knowledge are staggering. I'm very fond of your Boromir, and of Svip.
terracannon876 chapter 24 . 1/10/2010
I really like this story and am really interested in seeing how this turns out! The fact that Boromir has to remain near the River is an interest weakness, and I am actually looking forward to reading about Boromir's meeting with Frodo and Sam, if that ever happens.

Hope you update soon! Don't worry about long chapters. As long as you write continuously, readers'll appreciate it D
pleasedeleteaccount1245 chapter 24 . 8/25/2009
This is a remarkable story, so well thought-out and plausible. Boromir is one of my favorite characters, so I was thrilled to find such a great piece of fiction in which he continued.

However, the logical consequences of his return make me understand why Tolkien killed him off in the first place. Denethor is a far smaller obstacle to Aragorn's claims as king when he's lost his son. I hope that you continue this; in particular I'm curious about what Eowyn will choose to do about her two suitors :)
yukka chapter 1 . 8/23/2009
Oh my... You've got me hooked from this first chapter! Absolutely!
steelphoenix chapter 24 . 8/1/2009
WOW. Just WOW.

This story is fantastic; you've paid such close attention to canon and the characterisations. It's well-rounded, has a great storyline, and is full of emotion and description. I found myself swept away, and devoured it in a few hours.

Please... continue if you can!
Beloved Daughter chapter 24 . 7/29/2009
I love your story, but I’m dying to know if Svip will ever get over his trauma of how men live/die? It seems a bit odd that a 4,0 year old creature would never have gotten close to anyone else and experienced the grief of having a loved one pass away in all his long years, especially given how curious Svip is… When will Aragon get back? Will Gondor want a king again? It seems that most people in Minas Tirith are against the idea… How will Aragon react to the news that Faramir is now the Steward? How is Éowyn doing? Oh, I can’t wait to read your next update!
mahaliem chapter 24 . 7/26/2009
This story is absolutely marvelous. I wish I could accurately put into words how much I'm enjoying it. Boromir is one of my favorite characters and you have written him and his world so very well.
painless-j chapter 24 . 7/12/2009
OMG I can't believe my eyes! The 'dead' story I mourned so much is up and walking :) I haven't read this chapter yet but just making me see it posted made my day. Will read tomorrow. Yes, I do remember where I stopped all that time back :)

Thank you for persevering! And congrats!
597 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »