Reviews for Thoughts on Mary Sue
yumiko1122 chapter 1 . 7/8/2014
Super entertaining! Really funny and so true. :)
Midnight Wallflower chapter 1 . 3/22/2014
HAHA this is amazing. Amen to that. Like seriously, Mary Sue's are so freaking annoying! I absolutely hate those who have like 3 'unique' names and is Elena's sweet perfect sister...or even more when its rebellious and 'funny'. I have read so many Damon/OC stories but only a few are great. Like I said before, this is amazing.
Christina salvatore chapter 1 . 12/22/2013
LOL WOW! that's just funny...lucky for me I pass for someone Damon will at least play with
Alumfelga chapter 1 . 7/20/2013
It's too bad you have been wasting your time reading about Damon falling in love in Mary Sue when there are really good fanfics you could have read. I know how hard it is to find well written, in-canon stories but you know? I just found one! It's called "Thoughts on Mary Sue". All these Mary Sue stories? I think you nailed it. My favourite part:

"Hi, I'm Damon."
"Hi, I'm Marylinda Helena Ameliora Forbes, but my friends call me Raven."
True.

Best,
Al
anonyreaderfan chapter 1 . 10/27/2012
Great Story! The amount of Mary Sue's in this fandom is disgusting. It makes it almost impossible to find a decent story. I love reading fanfiction but some of these stories make me head to the good old porcelain goddess and vomit. I understand that teens/tweens get off on these stories and I certainly wouldn't want to deprive them of their fun but I really wish there was a way to segregate the stories so a reader could easily find some of the truly great writing on this site. I mark my favorite authors but the fandom was so large by the time I started browsing I know I'll never be able to find decent stories written during the first and second seasons.
kaaterinapetrova chapter 1 . 9/27/2012
This story's awesome! And I hate Mary Sues, too!
StormyMonday chapter 1 . 8/11/2012
Now see, I have to review this because it reminds me so much of a particular story I read once (in a totally unrelated fandom), mainly in the way of 'I'm not interested in jail bait.' This rant makes me feel like rekindling a similar idea I have had on the back burner for Gundam 00.

So, you have some errors scattered about here, and just like I tell everyone else, parenthesis are unnecessary and jarring. Otherwise, I was very amused, even though I've seen maybe...one episode of this show. Kudos! :D
Katerina The Von chapter 2 . 4/6/2012
Hilarous.
Fran88 chapter 1 . 4/1/2012
But...Elena is already a Mary Sue!. X/
Cat chapter 1 . 3/11/2012
Things that annoy ME, Cat. Using the first person singular pronoun in subjective form where it should be the object. Just a reminder.

You can't annoy I. You can, however, annoy me.
Madjestic chapter 2 . 1/28/2012
I love it! Damon's character really comes through, and its hilarious and so true :D
sandy salvator chapter 2 . 12/26/2011
great work but

season 2 episode 18 Damon wore leather pants

(very clear at the end when he speak to Stefan after telling Elena Bonny is ok)
parchment faery17 chapter 2 . 12/19/2011
Lol. This story/rant is too funny. I too hate damon/jailbait oc stories they annoy me also.
SternAmBauch chapter 2 . 12/19/2011
looool... this is amazing! it's so mean, but absolutely honest! I love it!

you know what I come across constantly and what makes me wanna scream every time?

1. why are there so many twin sisters of Elena?

2. why do so many stories always circle around a dance? just because he danced with elena ONCE on a ball, doesn't mean it's one of his hobbies!

3. (and here I'm also aiming at myself) why do OCs always sing? why do they perform a heartfelt version of one Demi Lovato, Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez 'makes me wanna throw up'-song and tadaa - damon falls for them? STOP TORTURING ME!
Lyta chapter 2 . 12/19/2011
No need to write a "OC Mary-Sue", there is already Elena Mary Sue Gilbert.