Reviews for Harry Potter and the Alternative Tournament
BeyondTheDive chapter 6 . 1/30
Loved this, recommended it to a bunch of friends!
Maexark chapter 2 . 11/13/2023
So I know everyone comments on the slip with the Hannah/Susan name but if youre paying attention youll know Hannah is Neville’s escort/date…the thing that I got out of this chapter was when Dumbledore notices that the attendants for the characters seems “a bit…off” and it made me think of Cinderella and how, while this story uses the villains, you can’t really expect Fairy Godmother to fall into that catergory. Also, Sirius’ and Remus’ dates have names that start with AD like how Cinderella’s step-sisters do.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/10/2023
Cedric top x Harry bottom
Jane chapter 1 . 1/24/2023
Not a law, really, but yeah, most do try it.
JANE STREETERics chapter 2 . 12/3/2022
A re-read, one of my absolute favorites, but I'm in Walmart's electronics department so logging in on a public demo unit is just silly. And foolhardy.
suziq968 chapter 2 . 6/27/2022
Augusta claiming Harem Boy Harry was brilliant! Just lovely, thanks.
bigmac2759 chapter 5 . 5/21/2022
Great story. Thanks.
Steve-Arkarian chapter 4 . 2/5/2022
You used the medicine on Neville's grandmother, and it helped her live a long time, why didn't no one try to use the medicine on Neville's parents to see if it would help them?
Steve-Arkarian chapter 3 . 2/5/2022
Firstly, this is a really good story and I'm greatly enjoying it!

Next:
1) (I meant to put this in an earlier chapter and forgot) Americans tend to give one fingered salute, while the British, and I'm thinking Scottish as well, give two fingered salutes. I believe this was from the first chapter.
2) Chuffed means that someone is pleased, and I doubt Cho was chuffed at being ignored. I'm pretty sure you were meaning to use a different kind of word or didn't realize what it meant.
Guest chapter 6 . 12/17/2021
Awesome idea for a crossover. Great writing. Lots of laughs. Thank you!
rebecca-in-blue chapter 4 . 6/22/2021
Even with all the training he received from Mary Poppins and the other villainesses in this story, I find it hard to believe that Harry would be completely unafraid facing down Voldemort and a circle of Death-Eaters. Maybe there still is some fear in him here, but since this fic isn't told from his perspective as closely as the canon books are, it doesn't really show through all the bravado and wise-cracking. This version of Harry feels pretty obnoxious and unlikable to me, which seems odd, given the fates that this story has sentenced other characters to for far lesser crimes. His interaction with Mim here and in the next chapter gets pretty over-the-top and squicky. If there hadn't been sexual undertones in previous chapters, then maybe it would feel more innocent, but once the bomb has been dropped, it's hard to unsee.
rebecca-in-blue chapter 3 . 6/15/2021
Harry was canonically 14 during the triwizard tournament. Did you age him up to legal age for this story, and I missed it? Because if not, the sexual innuendos that Urusula and Mim both make about him are pretty disgusting. They are adults preying on a child, and Mary Poppins is grooming him by allowing them access to him. This story has done a lot to examine Dumbledore's flaws in overseeing Harry, like letting him live with the Dursleys and not sufficiently protecting him at Hogwarts... but I feel like that's all pretty pointless if the story then expects us to find it funny that adults want to take advantage of him sexually. Is that supposed to be better than how Dumbledore treated him? I also feel like your personal dislike for Ron and Hermione is really showing too much; I can get not liking them, but now I'm honestly just waiting for Ron to be slowly killed in front of a cheering crowd.
rebecca-in-blue chapter 2 . 6/8/2021
Man, I was so surprised to see Maleficent show up for this task. I was a little wary at first, because she really scared me as a kid, but I think you write her well, and of course she was perfect to prepare Harry for this task. I loved the scene of her and Mary Poppins together, being so calm and cool with their barbs while Snape turned green. The Ron pile-on felt pretty mean, though, especially since he doesn't even talk much in this chapter, but the twins have a long bit of dialogue insulting him that apparently Harry loves so much he's moved to tears over it? I'm curious to see what crossover teacher will show up for the next task.
rebecca-in-blue chapter 1 . 6/3/2021
There is such a lot to digest in this first chapter, but I'm already really loving it. Snape butting heads with Moody and getting put into his place by Mary Poppins were both so much fun. I'm also intrigued by the grander takedown of Dumbledore that seems to be unfolding, with him even tampering with the Potters' will and imprisoning Sirius illegally. Harry looks like he's in for a much brighter future in this story, and I like all the help Neville is giving him, but I hope he can still be friends with Ron and Hermione, too. I don't think this chapter is entirely fair to them.
Mr. S chapter 4 . 5/24/2021
Mí fic favorito de Harry Potter/Disney hasta ahora!
Felicitaciones ;)