Reviews for Harry Potter and the Alternative Tournament
sena chapter 2 . 8/15/2013
"have little use for Hermione"...

Sigh! She's the reason I even read HP fanfiction most of the time.

People who portray her as "rules and books and authority-figures" forget that just short of 2 months into her first year she lied to McGonnagall and barely a few weeks later was **setting fire to a professor's robes**.

Fie on these scurrilous portrayals and false stereotypes of the (second?) most wonderful girl in the HP universe!

PS: I like Luna also...
sena chapter 1 . 8/15/2013
and while I have your ear, people who write/read slash should at least be concerned enough to read about, and do something about, what the Russian government is doing, and pass the word along: full boycott, even of TV coverage, and at least a 1-year boycott of all major sponsors.

I'm not sure if URLs are allowed in reviews but you can duckduckgo "Russia Confirms Anti-Gay Law Will Be Enforced at Olympics"
sena chapter 2 . 8/15/2013
Such a promising plot, and then it turns to slash... sigh! I just hope it's not too "in your face".

I'm not a homophobe (in fact I plan to, and am telling anyone I know to, boycott even TV coverage of the 2014 Winter Olympics as well as a 1-year boycott of all the major sponsors; I'm so angry with what Putin is doing).

But I don't like reading about it. Even a kiss grosses me out.

(If that bothers you, think about this: no one wants to hear about their own parents or grandparents having sex or talking about it. Does that mean it's wrong in any way? Same basic idea...)
Eldersprig chapter 4 . 7/22/2013
all things being equal, the final fates of Ron, Ginny and Hermione could have easily happened in canon.
V. L. Crawford chapter 4 . 7/4/2013
That was great.
V. L. Crawford chapter 2 . 7/4/2013
this was fantastic. I loved the way you portrayed Augusta Longbottom.
V. L. Crawford chapter 1 . 7/4/2013
This was fantastic.
CreslinWest chapter 2 . 6/22/2013
I am ashamed to say I had to do a search for Maleficent because I wasn't certain I remembered what she looked like, old age creeps up on us all. Also next year there is a new movie called Maleficent looks pretty decent I might go see it.
Lab12 chapter 4 . 6/4/2013
Gods, I loved this story! Magnificent. Would have liked to see more of Harry's life in the Popins Institute, but well :)
Time Traverser chapter 4 . 5/18/2013
This story was quite an interesting take on the Harry Potter characters. I enjoyed this alot and if there was an Ultimate Favorite Story button I would click it.
Samsas2 chapter 4 . 5/10/2013
Great story,

I had to look up some of Harry's tutors just to remind myself who they were!
Bananas-ofthe-WorldUNITE chapter 4 . 5/3/2013
Very well done! I really enjoyed this :)
BlazeStryker chapter 3 . 4/19/2013
I've been meaning to ask.. did Hagrid know Mary Poppins? He had to get the idea for keeping his broken wand in his umbrella shaft from someone, after all..
BlackRoseFire chapter 6 . 4/16/2013
Awesome story I really loved how you had Mary Poppins know the Disney "villians". I can't wait to see the sequal.
Krysnel Nicavis chapter 3 . 3/26/2013
Mim! I knew it!

I love this fic! I love all his teahers!
340 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »