Reviews for The Procrustean Bed
KB-94 chapter 9 . 10/4/2016
I'm really enjoying this so far. I can definitely see it being a reread in the future! I really like the slow building intensity. I think it makes for a more realistic build up to a relationship and I can see how passionate and deep it's going to be when they finally get there (I'm praying they get there!). So far, so good!

I'll be back in a few hours to keep reading. It's 2am so I think I need to get some sleep! Thanks for writing this!
musicflare87 chapter 39 . 9/7/2016
I absolutely love this story, thank you so much for sharing it!
kneon chapter 39 . 9/2/2016
Great story, liked how you switched things up from the cookie cutter usual interactions. Thanks for sharing your story.
tpea1288 chapter 31 . 8/24/2016
Whoo boy! Yes, Bella should never have been with the 2 guys before Edward. She should have known she'd one day meet her one true love & he'd be jealous.

Edward, of course, should also have been a virgin -a 35 year old one. He shouldn't have slept with all those women, shouldn't have fallen in love & married Tanya. He should have thought ahead that someday he'd fall out of love with Tanya & meet his one true love who would feel jealousy about his exes.

If he doesn't regret the women in his past & his marriage, how can he possibly feel that way about Bella's exes?
tpea1288 chapter 14 . 8/24/2016
Yeesh! So a label is disrespectful of his dead wife but dates, kisses, indecent touches, lusting after another woman isn't?

If he's doing these things, he's moving on & Tanya no longer has his heart. Labelling does not change the facts.

If he wants to be faithful eternally to his dead wife, he should do just that. But lusting after other women proves he's just making motions of his devotion.

Give him time but don't be a dirty secret. If he has feelings for her, he isn't faithful to his dead wife. Why pretend?
Kibachow chapter 39 . 7/8/2016
Very good drama. Well written.
mytwilightaddiction chapter 39 . 6/29/2016
Awesome story thank for the read!
end2097 chapter 26 . 5/10/2016
Edward's temper is not OK. He can't just use that as an excuse every time he fires off the handle. It's his family who have treated Bella terribly. He has plenty of opportunities to learn about his mother from his father and brothers who ge sees at work every day. Thus us misplaced.
end2097 chapter 18 . 5/9/2016
Hmmmm... Edward only has himself to blame. He didn't protect her and he let them walk all over her. He should have left after the appetizer. Very weak! I hope he redeems himself and I hope Bella doesn't let him off too easily. She deserves his loyalty!
end2097 chapter 17 . 5/9/2016
Addicted to this story... Very well written!
Guest chapter 28 . 5/5/2016
I said she needed psychiatric help. The family is getting the reaction from Edward that they cultivated. They essentially turned their backs on him and left him to fend for himself. Then they left him to blame himself for his mother's suicide attempt. (FYI, a failed or lame attempt is still a very huge cry for help do to mental illness.) Now after all these years, they want him to trust and listen to them. NO THANK YOU, he should just turn his back on all of them and leave.
Guest chapter 27 . 5/5/2016
Wow, Isabella has evidently taken lessons from Esme. She is a classic little b*tch. Edward should not just let her leave, but kick her out pronto, then take the baby when it is born.
PS chapter 25 . 5/5/2016
What is this garbage about her not being able to exercise while being pregnant? Doctors highly encourage their patients to continue exercising while pregnant. That is just a excuse to be lazy. How disappointing. She is something else. If I had gained 6 pound in one week when I was pregnant, my OB would have chewed me out about it. You eat nutritiously, not like a whale and you definitely exercise!
Guard chapter 25 . 5/5/2016
Esme needs psychiatric help but that is not the real point of this chapter, only the dramatic conclusion. This will hit Edward very hard and have repercussions. The real point is that Bella took away Edward's opportunity to participate in the ultrasound where he gets to find out the sex of his child. WTF?! She is VERY, VERY selfish and immature. What gives her the right? Edward has wanted a child for a very long time and he has put up with her bullshit at every turn. A weak, henpecked male is a VERY unattractive thing! I hope he stands up for himself soon!
Guest chapter 27 . 5/5/2016
Thank god, Edward finally stood up for himself! I have been getting angrier and angrier with Bella the last few chapters. She HAS been acting like a selfish, immature, spoiled brat for a while now and seems to be getting far too comfortable spending Edward's money for the things SHE wants. However as soon as Edward wants to spend it for something, she pipes in that's FAR TOO MUCH. She seems to think she can order him around and be demanding. She is completely thoughtless and bullying by trying to be the decision maker in the pair. I've been worried for a few chapters now that Esme's opinion of her was right on target. I hope this prompts her to be a better partner and communicator in this relationship and to grow up! She is just too much to take currently.
3,738 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »