Reviews for The Procrustean Bed
BellaTesoro chapter 10 . 4/26
Edward is pretty defensive against his family. Part of me understands his older brother Emmett's concern and interest in Edward's personal life but it also seems a little judgmental so it's no wonder
Edward isn't comfortable sharing his budding relationship with Bella just yet. He isn't ashamed of her for her age or for any other reasons is he? I don't think so but why is he so hiding it?
BellaTesoro chapter 9 . 4/26
I was thinking that it's a good thing the the 12 year age difference doesn't matter to them and I was also thinking the the difference in age between Jess and Bella are less than Edward and Bella. She's closer in age to Jess. Bella asking Jess about Edward's wife was realistic especially given how young she is of course she'd be curious. And I could picture how she felt seeing her with her blond beauty so different from herself and yet knowing there was a sadness too for Edward with her illness and death. I wonder how they bridge the age gap and the widower one.
BellaTesoro chapter 8 . 4/26
Edward's aloofness and tentative feelings about Bella can be truly felt. And Bella being understandably pissed that it took him a month to call her felt right. But what felt uncomfortable was how immature
of her on one hand to say she was busy and couldn't make the date then Angela calls and says otherwise. It felt very Jr. High and I'm surprised this immaturity doesn't put Edward off. Maybe he needs Bella and Angela's laid back youthful look on life to get him back into the game of life. It's
bittersweet seeing Edward come back from his grieving and his normally straight laced personalty.
BellaTesoro chapter 6 . 4/25
Jessica is either a very crafty niece, setting up her uncle with pretty Bella, or she's just an innocent tween who happens to like Bella. I'm going for crafty niece. That was some hot dog recipe. Must have been made with meat sauce on top? I'm going to have to google that myself. I only ever have plain old grilled hotdogs with various condiments on top. Anyway, Edward was sort of rude himself with how obvious it was he didn't want "strange" Bella in his home. He's uptight isn't he? Did Bella forget her
phone on purpose? Probably not.
BellaTesoro chapter 5 . 4/24
First this Angela is more like Rose it seems. She's tough. Why I wonder doesn't she want to let Ben have a chance? Bella doesn't seem to be Edward's type in more ways than just her being petite. She's rather immature compared to him and not very professional in just the small ways she doesn't know about the books in the store etc. We'll see what she does to attract Edward at some point.
leesmee chapter 24 . 4/24
333
BellaTesoro chapter 4 . 4/24
Edward and his family seem very "upper crust" rather formal. But also seem like a very loving family. Edward's relationship with his niece is rather unique and sweet. Bella on the opposite side is rather shy and not so uptight and more "typical' of an average person. Interesting.
BellaTesoro chapter 3 . 4/24
Bella does seem a lot younger than Edward. But then again he's just lost a wife he's loved for many years. And Bella is just starting her young adult life. I wonder how they will meet again.
BellaTesoro chapter 2 . 4/24
So sad to see a young man in such a state of grieving.
BellaTesoro chapter 1 . 4/24
Interesting. A family meeting of sorts and no one seems happy with the reason for the gathering all but the father. I'm so curious.
leesmee chapter 9 . 4/24
Clapping ! first real kiss
myadryk89 chapter 39 . 3/27
I love it! I do think age differences are irrelevant, I know so many mature young women and men that could easily have a meaningful relationship with older people. Is an excuse others give because they can't deal with that subject.
Thank you for sharing this awesome story with us.
1853kaz chapter 39 . 3/6
Great story, thank you! :)
1853kaz chapter 13 . 3/5
Poor girl, talk about mixed messages :)
1853kaz chapter 10 . 3/5
Uh oh. Friendly fire, I hope? :)
3,720 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »