Reviews for The Procrustean Bed
Loveforgreeneyes chapter 39 . 5/3/2016
Great read! I think Esme left the country, got too much plastic surgery and has been slutting her way across Europe. She bumps into Dr. Hall in Monaco and he drowns her in the Riviera. Loved your story.
BellaTesoro chapter 32 . 5/1/2016
It would have be nice if just one thing turned out as planned for these two. Not even the proposal and ring was a surprise. Oh well. Rosalie's anger and behavior about Esme is over the top. Not even her own son and husband are as unrealistic as she is. And I'm guessing "the friend" that helped Esme is James?
BellaTesoro chapter 31 . 5/1/2016
I think it was understandable that Edward would want Bella to get a good price for her childhood home. That's his thing after all. The cemetery scene was bittersweet. Having such strenuous sex was not a good choice for a man about to have surgery for back pain. It's no wonder he now finds himself in such severe pain.
BellaTesoro chapter 30 . 5/1/2016
Angela sure is tough on poor Ben. Bossy. And meeting Rosalie with Lauren once again shows how disrespectful she is towards not only Bella but her brother in law. And why is Bella playing games with the yes she'll marry him no not any time soon yet she is immature enough to throw it in Lauren and Rosalie's face that she's not only engaged now, even though it's not true, but that she's pregnant. Sort of immature. But I get why she'd want to assume that role.
BellaTesoro chapter 29 . 5/1/2016
wow, the drama doesn't stop. Now James has some evil intentions. Edward's anger issues has certainly gotten him into trouble. I wonder if he has a touch of what
Esme has? That would be sad. And why does Edward think that having Esme evaluated in a good mental health hospital is "locking her up" in some vile idea of
what mental health issues are? He's smarter than that I thought. This story's conflicts keep on coming.
BellaTesoro chapter 28 . 5/1/2016
First of all, whether or not Esme has been wrong in her bad behavior in the past, to confront her on this day, when she's mentally fragile is wrong on so many levels. For Carlisle to blurt out the cheating, and only that is what is freaking everyone out is too bad because that is not the root of the family's problems. Esme's mental health issues are to blame and shouldn't they be asking a mental health professional to guide them with how to resolve these family issues? For Carlisle to put Bella in the middle of this was ridiculous and for Bella to agree was equally wrong. She should have said what needed to be said, that Carlisle needed to talk to his son man to man about the problems in this family instead of pile on more guilt from every which way. This is like way over the top right now. If I was Bella, I'd seriously question this whole family's mental health, Edward's include. I think they all need counseling.
BellaTesoro chapter 27 . 5/1/2016
Ok as much as I dislike all the Cullen's and Rosalie especially in this chapter, Bella's
all out war on Esme at this point and time and in the hospital is behaving no better than the Cullens. She should have taken the high road, if she agreed to go visit mommy dearest then she should have bitten the bullet and said nothing at all to her. Getting down to her level of bad behavior only reinforces reasons for Esme and Rosalie to point a finger and say, I told you so...
So it appears Carlisle and Emmett are hiding something?
BellaTesoro chapter 26 . 5/1/2016
Edward's family are all a little off if you ask me. Rosalie going off on Edward like that was uncalled for and Edward's father and Emmett should have put a stop to that right away. And further Alice needs to
keep her comments to herself too. She and the rest of the Cullens complain and know that Esme is an over barring control snob yet they make excuses for her instead of putting the blame where it ought to be. And then there's Edward himself in this whole chapter. I think it's clear his guilt got the best of him yet that does not excuse him for going off on Bella's choices as he did. Bella didn't keep Edward from his mother, his mother's behavior did. This family is too close to each other they need to treat each other a little better in so far as boundaries. So what is Bella going to do? I think she ought to talk to Edward and suggest a little space for them both right now. Let him deal with his mommy issues and she needs to mature too.
BellaTesoro chapter 25 . 5/1/2016
Oh no, Esme trying to kill herself could be a call out for help. Maybe this hitting bottom could be what
she needs to deal with her issues. Or could this all be a ploy to get her son back and her in control?
BellaTesoro chapter 22 . 4/29/2016
I think Edward's mother is over the top. I understand there's something in her personalty and upbringing that would lead her to not be pleased with Edward's choice of love interest. But really, even
if she didn't like Bella and was worried the girl was not a good match, well, being a mother you'd think she'd just fake it for the sake of her family. What's going on with Esme that she's this out of control and can't even be happy for her son? And there seems to be clues that Esme is not well perhaps as a result of this estrangement or maybe there is something else we don't know about her.
Glad Bella is starting to feel more adjusted to the baby.
BellaTesoro chapter 21 . 4/29/2016
I get why Bella would be freaking out by being unexpectedly pregnant. She's got her own set of plans and she knows this is going to look very bad with Edward's family. But in the end Edward will show her in a loving way that having a baby doesn't have to be a bad thing.
BellaTesoro chapter 19 . 4/28/2016
Although Edward was a Neanderthal, I get why he'd be jealous and lash out with his anger... But why didn't he use that anger when it counted? He needed that caveman anger to set his bloody family straight about minding their own business and leaving his life alone. They had no right to be so openly
rude at Edward's life choices. Anyway, Bella is a softy agreeing to take a care from him. Sending Bella
flowers daily was very sweet.
BellaTesoro chapter 18 . 4/28/2016
I've never wanted to shout at characters in a story more than I have in this chapter. First at Edward for NOT doing what he said he'd do to Angela and that's protect Bella from his hateful family. The only one who remotely comes close to being human is the dad. This Esme is pure cold, controlling snob. And if I were Edward, blood relative or not, I'd turn my back on creatures like that. Poor Jessica being brought up in that family. Not one of them deserve Bella, not even Edward right now.
BellaTesoro chapter 17 . 4/28/2016
Edward and Bella's growing relationship and love is so lovely. They have just the right amount of romantic love, respectful love and well hot love. Now for his family. Bumping into Alice was maybe
a good thing. Alice may be right, stop hiding and get out of the closet. What the family is thinking
about her can't be worse than what really is. Let them meet her, get to know her and maybe they
can move on. Although I hope they keep their distance because none of them, including Alice and
Jasper are the sweet and supportive relatives one would hope to have. Alice could have done more
to at least talk to Rosalie about what she knows of Bella to ease her mind that she isn't some gold digger, yet she hasn't really showed her honesty. Jasper as well. What kind of brother allows the rest
of the family to think and say the horrible things about Edward's girlfriend. Rosalie was no better. I would think she'd at least admit that her own daughter likes Bella so she'd at least give her a chance before being so cold and rude.
BellaTesoro chapter 16 . 4/27/2016
I would never have thought that Prague would be so interesting (not knowing much about that city) but
it sounds like it's rich in history. I'm with Bella, Edward really is the best boyfriend wanting to make
all her wishes come true. I hope Bella does the same for him in return. Their first was simply perfect. I
like how Bella wasn't the blushing innocent and they both enjoyed themselves. It was just the right
amount of romantic and hot.
3,738 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »