Reviews for The Procrustean Bed
BellaTesoro chapter 15 . 4/27/2016
Why would Bella pick Prague of all places? I guess we'll find out. Isn't that the area his wife's family came from? And given how much Edward seems to be falling for Bella and she into him, I can't believe they haven't slept with each other, I mean the sex kind of slept with...Also Bella saying she doesn't want to have to have sex when she doesn't want to. What's up with that? I mean did she have one of those boyfriends who expected that? And I'm getting the impression she's not that into sex although she says she's been horny because it's been so long for her. idk, getting the impression Edward wants
sex more than she does and I would think that at these early falling in love stages they'd both be all over each other.
BellaTesoro chapter 14 . 4/27/2016
First I have to get back to Edward's family. It's bad enough he has a meddling mother but his older brother Emmett is by far even worse. For him to go off on Edward, name calling and all that he said about Bella, as if he knew who to be "that woman"...just wow. I would have a sit down talk with that older brother about appropriate language, respect and boundaries.
And when Bella and Edward were exchanging childhood stories, Bella told such a warm and tender one about herself and the puppy...but Edward never responded to it. He just went on to tell his cute tale of kissing a girl and getting caught. I'm so happy that Edward is opening up to her about his wife.
BellaTesoro chapter 11 . 4/26/2016
First is seems rather out of line, this early in the relationship for the girlfriend of his brother to invite her over for family gossip. Why would Alice do that without at least asking or telling Edward she was going to invite her over? It seems so underhanded. And she talks badly about Esme, which does sound bad, but are the rest of them not much better?
BellaTesoro chapter 10 . 4/26/2016
Edward is pretty defensive against his family. Part of me understands his older brother Emmett's concern and interest in Edward's personal life but it also seems a little judgmental so it's no wonder
Edward isn't comfortable sharing his budding relationship with Bella just yet. He isn't ashamed of her for her age or for any other reasons is he? I don't think so but why is he so hiding it?
BellaTesoro chapter 9 . 4/26/2016
I was thinking that it's a good thing the the 12 year age difference doesn't matter to them and I was also thinking the the difference in age between Jess and Bella are less than Edward and Bella. She's closer in age to Jess. Bella asking Jess about Edward's wife was realistic especially given how young she is of course she'd be curious. And I could picture how she felt seeing her with her blond beauty so different from herself and yet knowing there was a sadness too for Edward with her illness and death. I wonder how they bridge the age gap and the widower one.
BellaTesoro chapter 8 . 4/26/2016
Edward's aloofness and tentative feelings about Bella can be truly felt. And Bella being understandably pissed that it took him a month to call her felt right. But what felt uncomfortable was how immature
of her on one hand to say she was busy and couldn't make the date then Angela calls and says otherwise. It felt very Jr. High and I'm surprised this immaturity doesn't put Edward off. Maybe he needs Bella and Angela's laid back youthful look on life to get him back into the game of life. It's
bittersweet seeing Edward come back from his grieving and his normally straight laced personalty.
BellaTesoro chapter 6 . 4/25/2016
Jessica is either a very crafty niece, setting up her uncle with pretty Bella, or she's just an innocent tween who happens to like Bella. I'm going for crafty niece. That was some hot dog recipe. Must have been made with meat sauce on top? I'm going to have to google that myself. I only ever have plain old grilled hotdogs with various condiments on top. Anyway, Edward was sort of rude himself with how obvious it was he didn't want "strange" Bella in his home. He's uptight isn't he? Did Bella forget her
phone on purpose? Probably not.
BellaTesoro chapter 5 . 4/24/2016
First this Angela is more like Rose it seems. She's tough. Why I wonder doesn't she want to let Ben have a chance? Bella doesn't seem to be Edward's type in more ways than just her being petite. She's rather immature compared to him and not very professional in just the small ways she doesn't know about the books in the store etc. We'll see what she does to attract Edward at some point.
leesmee chapter 24 . 4/24/2016
333
BellaTesoro chapter 4 . 4/24/2016
Edward and his family seem very "upper crust" rather formal. But also seem like a very loving family. Edward's relationship with his niece is rather unique and sweet. Bella on the opposite side is rather shy and not so uptight and more "typical' of an average person. Interesting.
BellaTesoro chapter 3 . 4/24/2016
Bella does seem a lot younger than Edward. But then again he's just lost a wife he's loved for many years. And Bella is just starting her young adult life. I wonder how they will meet again.
BellaTesoro chapter 2 . 4/24/2016
So sad to see a young man in such a state of grieving.
BellaTesoro chapter 1 . 4/24/2016
Interesting. A family meeting of sorts and no one seems happy with the reason for the gathering all but the father. I'm so curious.
leesmee chapter 9 . 4/24/2016
Clapping ! first real kiss
myadryk89 chapter 39 . 3/27/2016
I love it! I do think age differences are irrelevant, I know so many mature young women and men that could easily have a meaningful relationship with older people. Is an excuse others give because they can't deal with that subject.
Thank you for sharing this awesome story with us.
3,738 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »