Reviews for I Get My Glory in the Desert Rain
Composingjealousy chapter 1 . 6/3/2012
wow i loved it
LovelySpiral here again chapter 1 . 1/10/2012
Did you get your title from the Killers song? I googled the title and found this lovely song :D It was fantastic because I love the Killers and your story, and madam, you have an awesome taste in music AND an awesome writing style. So... Just wanted to pop back in and praise ya some more x3

Lovely, lovely, lovely work.
Ada Kensington chapter 1 . 8/23/2011
Your writing does something to me. I had no idea what was really going on at first - still don't know what Oro was doing, even in the end - but it was fitting because Sasuke didn't know for a long time, either. The scene when Sasuke was shot in the leg and he looked up through the haze of the painkillers and saw Oro as a shaolin priest... that was beautiful. The scene in the alleyway? Beautiful and sparse and just enough for me to feel the despair and exhilaration all at once. I liked your treatment of Naruto, too. His relentless optimism, the desperate grin, the last-ditch effort to do something, anything. I love Sasuke's coldness.

Oro was right. He was meant for it. All of it.
arabesque05 chapter 1 . 7/28/2011
Oh, wow. This is absolutely amazing: the writing is so fluid and the snapshots you've chosen to show us fit together so well, but more than anything, I adore your characterizations. Orochimaru the master manipulator and Naruto, whose brightness is apparent even in the brief glimpses we have of him in that cell. But most of all, I love your Sasuke, brilliant and so full of potential but lacking in something fundamental; he's so broken and he gets progressively more broken but-there's always that sense of potential, of hope with him, that sort of "if only". Ahh, your Sasuke breaks hearts, as he should. Just-everything, this whole AU, fantastically well done.
LovelySpiral chapter 1 . 6/14/2011
That crack? That was my heart breaking.

This is so amazing.
sound-sasuke chapter 1 . 6/3/2011
Huh... I really like your writing style. It was a very interesting story. Also kind of depressing and melancholy, but that's what makes it unique. Very well done! :)
Alley-Oop chapter 1 . 5/15/2011
Even after all this time, I still don't know what to tell you that I haven't said so many times before. I don't know what compelled me to read this after I've fallen from the Naruto fandom for I don't even know how long, but I liked it. It's every bit as good as I expected it would be, being written by you. They way you /know/ the characters is just astonishing. When you put pen to paper, you know what you're doing: manipulating language must be one of your gifts, because the way you write is just entrancing.

Thank you for sharing your gift with me. Again. :)
Kyarei chapter 1 . 5/15/2011
Dark, twisted, beautifully written-everything I love and look for in a fanfiction. An absolute pleasure to read.