Reviews for You can never be sure
vamplover2011 chapter 11 . 9/5/2012
YES Caroline woke up. As she remembers what happened and what Stefan did to her, is she also remembering Damon’s compulsion? I like her reaction to finding out that ‘Elena’ is really Katherine simply because of the ways she is dressed. Katherine saying she’s Elena’s 60th grandmother is funny, but wants to be thought as her twin is funny. Besides being the doppelganger was it ever addressed what Katherine is to Elena? I mean could she be her grandmother? I always wondered about that, I think I might have missed it.

Wow Caroline handled finding out she is in transition really well. But I wonder if she’ll have a breakdown after everything sinks in. Don’t get me wrong I love Caroline but after everything Stefan did to her and now having to choose to become a vampire, can be too much for her to handle. I love that she is debating whether of not to drink the blood, the conflict she is going through is great especially since we didn’t see that on the show.

AWW Matt. I’m tearing as I read Matt’s funeral. It’s so sad that he died, I still can’t believe it. I wonder what Caroline’s reaction will be once she finds out. :( I love that Damon is with Elena through all of this. I love the following sentences and I completely agree with it. Even though it is difficult to move on or accept things it’s something that needs to be done.

“But nothing can ever come out of a self-inflicted torture of what ifs and whys. Eventually you need to get over it. You need to understand that reality is a bitch, and accept that some things just have to be this way.”

Maurice showing up to visit Matt was unexpected. I’m glad that Damon goes into protective mode when it comes to Elena. After everything that has happened to her, it’s only natural that he doesn’t want to leave her side, especially with psycho Stefan out there. I know she will have to deal with this on her own but I love seeing Damon wanting to help her get through everything, being a shoulder she can lean on. Sorry if I repeated myself, I may have said that before. I’m glad that Maurice doesn’t hold any grudge towards Damon killing Bonnie and that he sought out closure from Elena, apologizing for his daughter’s terrible mistake.

I’m so happy Jenna is in this chapter. I love all of her scenes whether it’s with Elena, Jeremy, or Ric. I was so sad when they killed her on the show. :(

“But the most vivid memory of all was one that had taken place several months ago, back when Elena was just a normal seventeen year old girl, carefree and happy, and gorgeous in her innocence.

They hadn't known each other like they did now. They were just two strangers who happened to cross paths. Well actually, he had happened to be lying on the ground, right in the middle of the road she was wandering on. Damon wasn't even sure whether he was hunting, or just chilling.”

I love that you incorporated Damon and Elena’s first meeting into this story. Damon thinking back to the first time he met her and that she was so happy and full of life is wonderful. I love the dreams that he had when he was human, and that we got to see a softer side to him. ;) Jenna is too freaking cute! She automatically jumped to the conclusion that Elena is having Damon’s baby. I love it and that Damon’s response was to simply smirk at her. Lol. ;D Damon’s compulsion was great. I like that he wanted to add the part about Ric getting laid more to his compulsion. Elena telling Damon that he needs sleep because he looks tired with “scary black bags” under his eyes and him telling her she’s mean is again too cute. I love that they can both find moments to still tease each other after everything that has occurred.

Wow, I wasn’t expecting Damon and Elena going’s to Ric’s apartment so that they can sleep. I love the three of them playfully arguing with one another. Elena suggesting that both Ric and Damon sleep in the same bed is hilarious. I love this part!

‘"We might be drink-buddies, but we'll never be promoted drink-buddies with benefits," he spat, pushing Alaric backwards with his hand.

"Is sex all you ever think about?" Alaric asked disgusted, moving deeper into the apartment. "As if sharing a bed with you has been my wild secret fantasy since the moment I met you."

"Well, no one would blame you," Damon muttered matter-of-factly, and Elena chuckled. The sound was a little weird, stiff… cold. But hey, baby steps, right?

"This is going to be an entertaining night." Damon narrowed his eyes, and pointed a warning index finger at her.’

Caroline realizing that she didn’t really live her life and was always concerned with material things was written perfectly. I love when she realized that if she drinks the blood she will get a second chance to do everything she missed out on before. Uh-oh Katherine is already planning something; I can’t wait to see where this goes.

“Damon was dressed in nothing but a pair of sweatpants, his hair was sticking everywhere, and he was currently rubbing the sleep out of his eyes. He looked strangely… human.”

Damon doing something as simply walking out in sweatpants is hot. Thank you for the wonderful image. ;) Haha Damon and Ric actually slept next to each other? Both of them again arguing about it is hilarious. I like that Damon and Ric have an understanding towards each other. Damon waking up to Elena punching the punching bag and going to hold it for her is great. I love that she asked both of them to show her how to defend herself. This was a great way to end the chapter. I can’t wait to see her training and becoming stronger emotionally and physically.

As you can see by this super long review (I think it might be the longest I have ever written) I absolutely enjoyed this chapter. I love that you gave us scenes with Damon’s perspective; his scenes with Ric and Elena are my favorite to read. I can’t wait to see Caroline’s acceptance and possible struggles of her new vampire life. This was again an amazing chapter. Good luck with all of your exams. ;D
kat st james chapter 11 . 9/4/2012
I like how you've portrayed Elena's shock and trouble adjusting to life after Stefan's attack. The Damon / Alaric scenes cracked me up, I'm going to miss those interactions on the show. Thanks for updating.
titeve79 chapter 11 . 9/4/2012
I wish I could write chapters that long! I'm usually ecstatic when I go over 3000 words! Hahaha!

On a more serious note, I really love this chapter. There was a lot of things happening in it. I felt sorry for Maurice... Bonnie died doing atrocious things, but she was still his daughter... It must be hard on the man knowing his daughter could do all these things...

I knew Katherine wouldn't be 'helping' Caroline in a nice way but I wonder what she'll do in her need of a vampire. Will Stefan be involved in all this?

I think compelling Jenna was the best thing to do. It was funny though when she assumed Elena was pregnant.

I just loved the Dalaric moment! Hahah! I'm still laughing! Team Dalaric! Always!

So, Elena is letting out her frustration and anger on a punching bag? Good! Can we put Stefan's face on it?

Good chapter! I loved it! Good luck on your exams!

Take care :)
ayna93 chapter 11 . 9/3/2012
Yes! badass Elena! :D
judgysgurl chapter 11 . 9/3/2012
Can't wait to read the training scenes lol. Can't wait for more!
EBOMIgnite chapter 3 . 9/3/2012
STEFAN YOU NAUGHTY BOY! I don't like this "His plan was coming pretty nicely," the ominous foreboding... *shivers*

I love Jeremy and Elena. I always love stories when you see a great relationship between them both. I just like how you had an insight into their past. How he went for Matt when he was making out with Elena. "Couldn't make out a grunt from a moan," ahahah! Great line. It's nice hearing about a time we never got to see in the TV show.
EBOMIgnite chapter 2 . 9/3/2012
"Normally, Damon Salvatore didn't give a shit whether someone wanted him around, or not. He could either force his company on them until he got bored, or decide that they weren't worthy of his time, and move on."

Best line. Mainly because I could see him doing such a thing :)

Oozing sexual tension, but Elena?! WHY?! Why snap at him? Just give in to the sexual tension. I'm sure he wants your hot breath all over him... just saying.
Grace4Delena chapter 11 . 9/3/2012
*Grace Appreciates the Damon overload*

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT. But then again, you already know that;)
EBOMIgnite chapter 1 . 8/30/2012
DAMON TO THE RESCUE! Eurgh, Stefan, if only you could bite your own neck and drain yourself. That was mean. I mean... oh Stefan you naughty boy.
vamplover2011 chapter 10 . 8/18/2012
I love reading stories where John is being protective of Elena. He was viewed as a jerk on the show, I mean he killed Anna. I hated that. The scenes of him arguing with Damon were always entertaining but I really liked John when showed how much he loved his daughter. When he sacrificed himself for Elena I cried my eyes out.

I have always loved the bond that Jeremy and Elena have. I cried when she had Damon compelled Jeremy to go to Denver on the show, that whole scene was so sad. Then I started jumping up and down like a little girl when Damon and Elena finally kissed, but that’s a different story. Lol. ;) I love the following descriptions and that they will always help each other. Even though they both went through some terrible things they managed to survive making their bond that much stronger.

“But this, their bond, this hadn't been affected, and as long as it was in her power, it never would. With people outside your family, there is always a doubt, a tiny flicker of dread that maybe, just maybe a time will come when they will hurt you. But she knew one thing for sure. There was nothing that would ever lead her to risk Jeremy getting hurt. And she knew him well enough to know that he felt the same way.”

I’m sobbing as I read Jeremy wanting to leave to Denver, just like I did when I watched it on the show. I understand that being in Mystic Falls is too much for him especially with everything that he had been through. I just hoped that he wouldn’t leave Elena since they need each other to get through everything. :( Their scene was written beautifully and had a lot of emotions.

I’m tearing because Elena blames herself for all of it. Yes she was blinded by Stefan’s charm and thought that he wouldn’t hurt her but everything that happened wasn’t her fault. Stefan was the one who went psycho and tortured everyone it’s his fault! I hope with time she realizes that especially when she finally lets her subconscious remember everything that happened at the boarding house.

OMG Stefan is back and now some injected Damon with vervain? This chapter is keeping me at the edge of my seat. I love that as Damon is falling to the ground he automatically thinks of Elena.

“His mouth opened, his tongue moved. No sounds came out, but if someone had been looking at his lips, he would have been able to read one word. Elena.”

“She wasn't scared. This time there really wasn't a single thing he could do to make her feel worse. Whatever he did, her emotions would remain a flat line of sorrow and regret.”

I like this description; it captures her emotions of seeing and interacting with Stefan for the first time after the attack perfectly. I wonder what Stefan and Katherine are up to these two are super sneaky. I love that Damon showed up and kicked Stefan’s ass he really deserved it; that was a great fight scene. I don’t know how I feel about Damon almost killing Stefan, even if he does deserve it, I think Damon will eventually regret it like Katherine said. Katherine wants the device, but how can she use it if she’s a vampire knowing that it would affect her Damon, Stefan, and now Caroline? Yay Caroline’s awake; I wonder what her reaction will be once she wakes up.

In my opinion this story is moving at a steady pace which is good; there are certain things that shouldn’t be rushed. I’ve read stories were things happen to quickly and then there isn’t anywhere to go from there. There are also stories were things tend to drag but your story isn’t doing any of the two. Your story flows naturally, the events are happening when they need to. ;) I do worry about the “calm before the storm” part, I know it usually gets worse before anything can possibly begin to get better but how much can Elena, Damon, Jeremy, and everyone else take? Either way I can’t wait to find out, this was again another wonderful chapter! ;D
titeve79 chapter 10 . 8/17/2012
That was a great chapter and I really loved it.

I understand why Jeremy wants to leave. Too much stuffs have happened and he needs to go away. At least for a while. I'm glad he's with Anna. I always loved her and I miss her in the show so it's great to see her in your story.

Once again, Stefan has been a utter moron... He needs to have his ass kicked! (sharpening my stake)

Poor Elena... she's dealing with a lot of things but mostly guilt. I hope she'll find the strength to get over all this shit going on. It won't be easy but I think with Damon's help she'll eventually going to be fine.

Now... Katherine will take care of Caroline?... I'm scared!

I can't wait to see what will happen next! Fantastic job on this chapter! Bravo! :)

Eve
nightfallsgently chapter 10 . 8/17/2012
Love bad Stefan!
ayna93 chapter 10 . 8/17/2012
Ugh, Katherine -.-'
CrissanaSomerhalder chapter 10 . 8/16/2012
Love it... I jus hope there is some Delena goodness coming up :)
judgysgurl chapter 9 . 7/28/2012
Great chapter can't wait for more!