Reviews for At a Glance
Guardoflight chapter 1 . 7/15
A unique and very enjoyable story
appreciative rev chapter 1 . 10/8/2015
Gemeric statement about the amazing premises of this piece of fiction and how much I admire it!
Billy Ruffian chapter 1 . 3/15/2015
RIP Durandall
Don't remember if I ever reviewed this when you were alive, but it was my favorite of your stories, probably because I love the HaruhiKyon ship and they are so much closer to getting together here than in canon, since Haruhi has been forced to realize how inconsiderate she can be, plus I'm proud of how quickly I figured out the twist (around when Haruhi cuts her hair, IIRC). I liked pretty much all your MOHS stories, but thought this was the best.
Dancou-Maryuu chapter 1 . 3/10/2015
Wow! I actually didn't get the difference until Taniguchi flat-out said it. I had thought that the difference was that it took place a few years in the future, given all the technology references.

If that was an attempt to mislead the readers, then it worked very well for me!
MuRioDame chapter 1 . 6/8/2014
awesome story, thank you
EatAToadJerkfaces chapter 1 . 4/24/2014
Thank you for writing such a great oneshot! I very much enjoyed reading this take of Kyon!
WelcomeToTheLegend chapter 1 . 3/15/2014
Dang. Not even a fan of the show and thought this was good. I actually didn't figure out Kyon was blind until Haruhi ditched him. This was well done and quite enjoyable.
pheiral chapter 1 . 3/5/2014
I don't expect that at all...his blindness is really shocking...I love how Haruhi develop at the end, this is really good and heart warming
Guest chapter 1 . 1/16/2014
Oh I totally called the blindness! But I liked this retelling of the first few episodes of Haruhi. No over complicated magic god powers, aliens, or time travelers. Just a cynical blind kid in high school meeting the most interesting girl there. I saw him not believing in the aliens or anything else from when I realized his condition. 'Seeing' is believing and all that. Well written though. On my list of favorite one shots
Inara Seraph chapter 1 . 7/6/2013
I liked this. There were enough hints for the reader to guess.. the title, Kyon's astonishment at Haruhi's obliviousness, the constant attention to the sound of footsteps. A neat little one-shot.
Sammy Holzbein chapter 1 . 4/5/2013
Type your review here...
flairina chapter 1 . 3/8/2013
And yet somehow, I didn't expect that at all. For a while I thought we were leading up to Kyon being revealed as an angel or something, and then nixed that after it was revealed it had to be something observable. I had a couple other guesses, but those got nixed too. Kept me guessing, to be certain. Interesting story, well done.
The Weird Kid chapter 1 . 3/5/2013
This is really great! I like the concept of Kyon being blind and Haruhi, who is usually very good at noticing small details, somehow not noticing. Even though it's unlikely you will continue on this idea, I would like read a continuation on this story.
Flurrin chapter 1 . 11/7/2012
Really good job. If I have one complaint, it's that the dialogue hesitates and stutters a little too much. Other than that, this was a joy to read! I love this kind of story.
A Mistake chapter 1 . 10/19/2012
All the signs were trickled down into the story slowly but realistically that this feels more of a detective story than anything else (and heck, I don't think it's ever easy to write an enjoyable mystery story, and you managed that too). I did figure out what Kyon's deal was when Nagato realised it, but it did not make the gradual unreveal a lot less fun. Neat! Everyone else's characterisations was acceptable, though, considering the adjustment that was necessary for the story to still work with the difference. Thanks for writing. This will always be one of my favourite stories.