Reviews for At a Glance
Thyrokio chapter 1 . 2/26/2012
It was pretty awesome, Haruhi understanding that she needs to stop focusing on herself if she ever wants to find anything was pretty deep.
Sharper Than the Sword chapter 1 . 1/22/2012
An excellent story. A lot of writers would have fallen into the trap of simply making Kyon's disability a gimmick, and simply rewritten the events of 'The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya' without making any changes. However, you've used one simple difference to fundamentally alter the behaviors and development of the characters in a believable way.
OnlyTimeWillTell chapter 1 . 11/9/2011
wow, very well written, and you did a very good job at keeping kyon's problem a mystery, i was kept guessing for quite a while! i enjoyed this very much, this is the sort of well-written work i've been looking for!
Less Wrong chapter 1 . 7/9/2011
An 'aawww' for that overlooked, normal world.
saiyan prince1 chapter 1 . 6/25/2011
i love this fic. i really wish i could read how this fic continues. or maybe how kyon gets into a relation ship and makes it work. maybe one day you will change your mind and write more. either way awsome fic
enderverse chapter 1 . 6/20/2011
That was awesome, i kept trying to figure out what the crossover was the entire time.
uzukun7 chapter 1 . 6/12/2011
Well as usual your stories just don't disappoint. It's really creative of you to make kyon out to have a disability and have haruhi not notice it until someone screamed it at her face. I loved how you wrote kyon and kept him as close to character, and his connections to the other kyons in your other stories (the PDA and the renga he made with ryoko). I really enjoyed this story and I hope you didn't forget about your naruto story. In either case I hope to hear from you soon. Laterz
gerro chapter 1 . 6/10/2011
A really interesting story. Just beautiful. The further I read, the more I loved it. ...And then turns out there won't be Koizumi. Damn. Everyone was completely in caracter, too, which is rare to see (even in Big Damn Hero they all slowly went OOC, and I don't mean character development). Except Nagato, as you mentioned. Though, on that account, would have been better to keep her IC too. Being a little unobservable is fine; some characters were exluded entirely after all *cough*Koizumi*cough*.

On the blindness thing, had suspisions something was wrong from the start; reread first several scenes like, three times, to see if I had overlooked something - just couldn't for the love of it understand what the characters were talking about sometimes. Then grew more suspicious, actually thought Kyon couldn't see - then, for some reason, decided otherwise. But after seeing Haruhi list all the things Kyon did (never being called by a teacher or using a pencil and stuff), it really became obvious.

By the way, Haruhi being who she is, isn't it likely she would just wish for him to be able to see again and, well, unknownigly make it happen?

Anyway, great work, looking forward to seeing more this kind of one-shots.
A Random Reader chapter 1 . 6/9/2011
A well written and obviously well thoughtout situation. It's one of those stories that make you think.
Bardic Knowledge chapter 1 . 6/5/2011
This is an amazing story. I'm not sure if I want you to write more of it or not, since it would take time away from Kyon: Big Damn Hero, but it was well enough written that I didn't even realize Kyon was blind in this instance until the scene where Mikuru fell on him.

Either I'm not very perceptive (though not as bad as Haruhi), or... Well, I can't think of any other reason.
Atra Bilis chapter 1 . 5/31/2011
I always knew Kyon was an unreliable narrator. Just I never knew he could be so... ninja!
Hat O' Doom chapter 1 . 5/30/2011
Great idea for the story, and well done!
Guest chapter 1 . 5/30/2011
This is a surprisingly charming story. I did not realize exactly what was going on until the first few moments at club meeting the second time. I find it interesting how you kept the general structure of the original series, but adapted the interactions and the logical diversions from that. Kyon's resistance to Nagato's explanation was a bit of a surprise to me, though completely in keeping with the story. Haruhi's reaction at the end to me seemed to reflect someone who had taken a humbling lesson to heart, and was determined to grow from it. That actually ties with the the moral discussion Kyon has with Asakura for being the most interesting development in the story, I think.

Thank you again for this story. I needed a break from things, and this has served quiet well. What's more, it has given me a reason to take a fresh look at things as well; a metaphor that this Kyon and Haruhi would appreciate, I think.
Xilore chapter 1 . 5/27/2011
Wow, Durandall, that was fantastic! I didn't catch that Kyon was blind until the part where Haruhi first brought him to the club room. Thats when it clicked for me. I think you have don a great job pulling off the PoV of a blind character. I work with a few of the Blind and read this story to them. The short of that is they agree that (for those not born blind) the way you've written it is about the way they view the world. I think you did very well so sadly I have no good critique to give you.

Creative: 9

Technical: 10

Opinion: 10

Overall: 9.6
boonerunner chapter 1 . 5/26/2011
Good story so far. But how are they going to meet Koizumi? Will he insinuate himself in the brigade without being explicitly invited? Or will some freak accident cause them to meet?
81 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »