Reviews for Never Let This Pair of Hands Forget
booth's-squint chapter 7 . 11/27/2011
I loved it! I just read the entire fic over the long weekend. I am definitely a new fan! Thanks for sharing!
booth's-squint chapter 7 . 11/26/2011
Baileyjane chapter 7 . 11/19/2011
It's over? Wow, you must be relieved. Well done, my friend. Or should I say well done, motherfucker?

I hate Booth's father, by the way. Total asshole.

Some of the many lines of beauty in here:

Even the worst parents could sometimes be teachers.

And I loved this - it is so perfectly true of how Booth feels about Brennan:

However, as was often the case when she animatedly explained something pertaining to her field of study, he had been so amused by the rampant joy in her face the actual words had more or less faded out.

And this - awww, I have to concur, sad drunk Booth kills me too:

And:

Because you are only a metaphoric Great Dane. LOVE that.

Perfect ending - not wrapped up in a neat little bow, because that isn't life, but wrapped up with Booth and Brennan drinking together, being together, because that IS life.

Well played.
catleft chapter 4 . 11/19/2011
Because she made things bright, bearable, and on occasion, just a little bit slutty.

funniest line ever. I finished chap. 4, and I'm enjoying the story a lot
hot4booth chapter 1 . 11/19/2011
Wow. Um. I was rivoted by this story until I got to the end. Booth's relationship with Rebecca is not in character for Booth. I think I could have bought the ending with B&B if it hadn't been for the Rebecca part. Instead of being hot, it made me feel cold. It had me disliking Booth more than I did when he was with Hannah on the show. I can tell other people liked it, but I thought I would share since to me your warning of "not a jovial fic" did not prepare me for the abusive feeling at the end of this chapter.
Fourth Rose chapter 7 . 11/18/2011
*happy sigh* This was the perfect ending to this wonderful story, because things are *not* perfect for them, and many issues remain unresolved - but they're dealing with it, they've got each other's backs, even if they may be irritated at each other or out of synch sometimes, but the underlying feeling that they'll always be partners in every sense and see things through together is always there. I loved the glimpses into Booth's childhood that this chapter allowed us, and the ending with them on the steps that feels like an embodiment of everything I love about B/B. Thank you so much for this story, bb - you're not the only one who's sad to see it end, but I think you chose a great place to end it, and I very much hope you'll feel inspired to start another story soon :)
Monday the 14th chapter 7 . 11/18/2011
Awesome fic. Thank you for sharing it with us!
a2zmom chapter 7 . 11/17/2011
I just spent all day reading this story and it was wonderful in every aspect. The voices of every character, the glimpses of Booth's and Brennan's pasts, the relationship between Booth and Brennan and the emotion rang completely true with never a false note.

I will be eagerly reading your earlier stories and happily looking forward to new ones.
Tamarakv chapter 7 . 11/17/2011
Everything about this final chapter was fantastic I loved it! Can't wait for more from you.
2mrklr chapter 7 . 11/17/2011
Fantastic story,deftly written with assurance and confidence. Reads so smoothly and I thought the characterizations were spot on. You handled the difficult subject matter so well! I loved this story.
lkol chapter 7 . 11/16/2011
Awwww! That was the cutest ending ever! :)
Some1tookmyname chapter 7 . 11/16/2011
Oh my.

This might just be the review where I say I'm speechless, that it's perfect in every way and that even if I COULD talk, there are no words to convey how lovely this is.

Nah. Where's the fun in that?

Let's start with the opener, which, after the first reading I almost couldn't read it again. It's so real and it hurts because children really do live like that and it kills me.

This in particular brought my mommy heart to the brink:

(She has the inkling that her boys are smarter than what makes sense when one considers their parents, and if Seeley is struggling in subjects that have never been difficult for him before, she can think of only one glaring explanation. And it hurts her heart.

So she tries extra hard. She tries to make up for her choices. She tries to love her boys fiercely enough for two parents. She tries to love them patiently and consistently and she has to believe that it will make a difference. She believes what all good parents would like to believe; her boys will be smart and loved and they will grow to do great things.)

I now love his mother and I don't even know her. She did the very best she could. And I am one of those who think she died and I cannot imagine leaving your children behind knowing what kind of life they would have...brutal.

Jared...a punk even as a child. And the writing out of the math problems and young Booth's solving of them? Freaking Brilliant. It just adds to the tension level of the house. Amazing.

"He couldn't change the facts, but he could continue to choose his family in all the ways that mattered. His brother would always be his brother, and they would never have the relationship they had shared as children again. His father would always be his father, and they would never have any relationship at all. He could continue to build a life with Bones. He could embrace her team of crack scientist coworkers (because they had long since come to mean as much to him as they did to her). He would begin to let his past go, let his anger go, and maybe then he could (figuratively) conquer biology." You know I adore any inclusion of the squints in Booth's world of important people and that holds here, too. It's sad he's had to write off his own brother to some extent and his father as best he can, but yes, the people he surrounds himself with; his partner, his children and even the squints are so much more than DNA.

This made me sad: "Even the worst parents could sometimes be teachers." Because think of what kind of dad he could have had if the older Booth would just have been able to get it together. The potential so obviously there, but so obviously squandered.

"You realise how ridiculous that sounds, right? I mean, you have to." Booth's hand found the poker chip again. "If you've got regrets, they're yours to live with. You don't get to drag me into that mess just because a couple decades passed and you decided to develop a conscience."

"It's not like that."

"It's exactly like that. You left. We grew up. You don't get to strike up a conversation with me. Or Jared. Or Dr. Brennan, or Dr. Saroyan, or anyone else I work with. If there ever comes a point in my life when I feel like finding you, I'll do it. But the choice doesn't get to be yours. That's not how it works."

Tell him Booth! I could see this and I was proud of Booth for keeping it together because me? I wanted to punch the guy.

"I wouldn't have asked you to do anything illegal."

"The fact that you thought to ask me anything at all pisses me off."

YES! Very typical of that "type" He probably believes he never wanted more than to look up his son to see how he was but we all know better.

"And now we, what, go our separate ways? You keep tabs on me from a distance?"

Joseph's tone was mocking and Booth immediately stiffened against it. "You're not worth the time."

But he would. He knew he would. And he hated himself for it.

Poor Booth. I would imagine this is for self preservation (and the preservation of his loved ones) as much as for anything else.

Brennan's ENTIRE exchange with Cam? Effing GENIUS. So good, real and funny but also poignant because Cam does care and Brennan lets her and it's lovely...even when Brennan shows that once again, there really is only one true boss in the lab and it'a ain't Cam!

I LOVE where Booth is and I love that you tell us without TELLING us. Perfect.

"You spent ten minutes explaining the functionality of your toaster oven to me. Not at all correctly, by the way. And you still wanted to go."

"He laughed again and Brennan rolled her eyes. Because trying to reason with Booth could be difficult enough during the best of times, and it would be damn near impossible now." I laughed because of the toaster and also because I could just picture this. Well done.

"The words sounded ordinary, and she wanted them to be such. With a fervour surpassed only by the one that had taken hold on a certain Christmas Day long ago, she wished she could change the facts. Booth had many little-boy modes – Angela's term, not hers – but the vulnerability that shone through when he mixed alcohol and sadness just about unravelled her." It just about unravelled me too, Brennan.

I love that even drunk he knows she's pretending to get "the bigger picture" wrong.

And the Great Dane analogy is lovely and perfect and so very Brennany describing what is so very Boothy about Booth: he gives so much, his heart is so big so when it hurts it REALLY hurts, but he always survives.

This might be one of the most beautiful descriptives I've ever read: Hard alcohol and pliant mouths, gentle hands and taut skin, relief and gratitude. He had broken parts, and she had broken parts, and together, they formed a slightly jagged whole. They would never make a perfect, plenary piece – oftentimes, they couldn't even be construed as a pretty piece – but what they created was infinitely better than being alone and fragmented and at the mercy of the wind.

And then it rains and she tells him "I told you so" even though he tells her not to, which is so very them, and it is just this lovely, perfect moment in an imperfect time and my heart melted and swelled all at once.

I like that things aren't all better. Booth Senior is not suddenly sober, Booth doesn't suddenly feel all the way better, but they are together and that counts, more than anything else.

Ren, it's been my privilege to read these chapters. Each one has been truly outstanding and this was no exception. And each was worth whatever wait they cost. Your words skate like poetry across the page, making smaller pictures in a greater fabric and I am, daily, in awe of your talent.

Well done, My Friend. Be proud of yourself. At the risk of sounding too much like TwitterMom, I am extremely proud of you for this and much much more.

Thank you for sharing.
threesquares chapter 7 . 11/16/2011
I thought it was great. I love the scene at the end on the steps. You have your own ideas about the places that mean something to them rather than just playing of off places or moments that were actually in the shows. You really do an excellent job of that.
Tartantrace chapter 7 . 11/16/2011
I have just loved this story - so well written. I love when we hear about the past and the blanks are filled in :0) Great job. Looking forward to you next works.
TemperTemper chapter 7 . 11/16/2011
I love the not-neatly-tied-up ending, and I love your Booth and Brennan with all their faults and not making a neat, clean piece with two perfect halves.

This was a gorgeous fic, thanks for sharing :)
190 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »