Reviews for Never Let This Pair of Hands Forget
toffeeeclairs chapter 7 . 11/16/2011
Great story! And I like how things were left open ended with his dad - it works.
RositaLG chapter 7 . 11/15/2011
So I may or may not be tearing up right now, but I'm not going to give you the satisfaction of making me cry twice so Imma will the tears to go back where they came from and say that you are, without a doubt, the bestest Twitter/FF/Canadian Friend I will ever have and I don't know where I would be if I had never met you but I know that it wouldn't be nearly half as enjoyable. And sure, I may have a scarily codependent relationship with my computer now, but hey, it's entirely worth it.

This has been the best birthday present I have ever received and the fact that you got it posted before my half-birthday (my time) means that you still won the bet, so I award you 10 JPs and leave you with the only hashtags that can compete with #DenverFTW: #OccupyApocalypseHorse, #FreeWillyJumpFTW and #SlutsBeKillinMyAngstGroove.

I love you and thanks again. You're the best!
Biba79 chapter 7 . 11/15/2011
He didn't leave a note, and for his own sake, he couldn't bring himself to wake her. Because talking would mean talking and he still felt empty and exhausted. They were still unbalanced and it was because he was unbalanced, and he couldn't fix that now any more than he could have last night. It was impossible to hold a grudge when Brennan opened herself to him so completely. But last night, after his anger had cooled, there had been nothing left in him to replace it. And while he had felt the distance between them, his distance, there was a disconnection between his mind and his actions and he hadn't been able to overcome it. Not even for her.

This broke my heart for him and for her. The way he's feeling is awful, so awful that he couldn't stay for her.

I don't blame Booth for feeling this way, after so many years, he has to be angry and upset. And he's right. It's now his turn to be the one to go looking, that is if he wants to. I feel so bad for him though. I can't imagine being in the position he is in. I wouldn't know what to do.

Cam winced. "I love that man to death, but he can be a real idiot."

Statement of the year Cam. Also, I hate what Booth did to Bren. Leaving her like that without a note or explanation. Also, being MIA all day long. Not cool Booth. Not cool!

"Their hearts become weak and enlarged and they die young," Brennan explained quickly. "The lifespan of a Great Dane rarely extends beyond seven years."

I saw a movie the other day, Seven Pounds, where they said exactly that. hehe. You are so smart Ren. Also, I love it how you connected to Booth. Awww, I love how his heart is big but sometimes it just isn't enough. That was perfect Ren. Really! PERFECT!

The ending was just perfect. Them getting drunk and running together in the rain? You are one and only Ren, this was really fantastic. I don't know what you were about saying you hated it. WTH is wrong with you? Do you not know how amazing this was? You really need a reality check, for real.

Also, I wanted to point out that there were so many times in this fic that made me think of smut, but I knew that was not where we were going. lol But still, for that I will count as half smut, just because it's you and you rock.

I loved it. So so much.

Next fic will be fluffy, I know you won't let me know. haha!
LondonLi chapter 7 . 11/15/2011
Thank you so much for sharing this birthday present with all of us! I love the complex human emotions you always portray in your stories; you really fill in the gaps from the show! And I think you did such an amazing job letting Booth deal with this situation without letting it totally suck him in. Thanks again for posting!
JMHaughey chapter 7 . 11/15/2011
I FUCKING LOVE YOU! HOT DAMN!

He flinches when his father touches his back, but the movement is slight and he corrects it quickly. He takes his first piece of apple from the bowl still resting atop the counter and his mouth is flooded with that perfect mix of tart and sweet. It's uncooked. Cold.- I can imagine this is why he loves pie, even though there is cinnamon, the fruit is cooked. It reminds of his mother, yet it's different because the cold, the cold reminds him of his father.

I love this: So philosophical, so perfect. "A man and a woman brought you into the world, and you owed your existence to them whether you fell under the category of gift, accident, or total mistake. Maybe they didn't deserve you. Maybe you didn't deserve them. But you were tied together for eternity just the same. There would always be those who tried to teach you that you could be better. That your mind and your actions were yours to control. But that man and that woman's bones were your bones, their features were your features, and deep inside where it counted, you knew that their shortcomings were only a hair-trigger away from becoming your shortcomings. Biology couldn't be undone, it couldn't be rewritten, and the horrible, cold truth was, it was your burden to bear for a lifetime."

No matter what situation Booth is in, He ALWAYS thinks of Brennan, maybe seeking approval. Maybe it calms him. He knows her so well, her actions. Yet, he feels guilty in his time of grief and the times when he needs her the most. ALWAYS her.- "She would be awake by now; he could imagine her sitting up and looking to the nightstand for a note that wasn't there. He could imagine the puzzled furrow of her brow, and the quick change to a work-mode in which she would tuck all things concerning him firmly in the back of her mind. The vague guilt that had been hanging over his head intensified, and he swallowed against it and looked up at the sky."

CRUSHED heart. Sometimes Booth doesn't think he's worthy, it kills me." Booth's hand found the poker chip again. "If you've got regrets, they're yours to live with. You don't get to drag me into that mess just because a couple decades passed and you decided to develop a conscience."

BOOTH, always wanting to distance himself, but he can't - "It's exactly like that. You left. We grew up. You don't get to strike up a conversation with me. Or Jared. Or Dr. Brennan, or Dr. Saroyan, or anyone else I work with. If there ever comes a point in my life when I feel like finding you, I'll do it. But the choice doesn't get to be yours. That's not how it works."

It's what Booth does. "But he would. He knew he would. And he hated himself for it." Seems like he has reasons to hate himself and he shouldn't.

Booth has the quality about him I ADORE. In his darkest hours, he is selfless but the needs of Parker and Brennan before him. Even if it kills him inside, you have done a BLOODY BRILLIANT job illustrating this.

You've captured the comfortable awkwardness between Cam and Brennan."That one, Cam couldn't let go. "You do remember that I'm technically your boss, right? You could at least pretend to ask permission.""Why would I do that?" she asked distractedly. Where the hell had she put her agenda? "Go," Cam shook her head. "Let me know when you find Booth."

HAHAHAHA - "What stairs?" - "The stairs, Bones. The ones outside, with the water and the statues..."

Chuckled at this too. "Brennan would have been tempted to laugh if she wasn't furious." I can picture this.

MOTHERFUCKER - Tears, tears for this. "She shook her head, but took a slow pull from the cup regardless. A slight crinkle in her nose was her only outward protest to the burn of the hard alcohol travelling down her throat, and Booth decided that she really was goddamn close to perfect. She mixed up her idioms and pop culture went straight over her head, and she did have a bit of a knack for causing public scenes, but she could hold her liquor. She was as loyal as they came. She loved him." PERFECTION. Brennan shivered. She didn't think she could ever become complacent in the feeling of knowing another person and being known so deeply in return. She experienced the increasingly common rush of affection flooding through her being, and she cleared her throat once again in an attempt to compose herself.

I've gone off the deep end - CRYING!

THIS SLAYS ME: "You know, this girl I once knew broke my heart in the rain once. Well, it was after the rain, technically. But it counts."

"Wha- when? Who?" Brennan questioned indignantly. Then she caught his smile, and her own lips stretched upward as she figured out the game. "Really?"

"Really."

"My heart was similarly crushed by a boy. I believe it was raining then as well."

"It hurt like a bitch."

It was a perfect moment smack in the middle of an imperfect situation, like so many of their moments before, and as his indulgent chuckle joined her carefree laughter, Booth began to remember what it was like to feel better.- Le Sigh.

This is going to be one of many times I read this.

Well done, my dear friend.
rhyme time chapter 6 . 11/15/2011
Brilliant story. Your writing style is beautiful. I look forward to reading more.
reader smurf chapter 6 . 11/12/2011
I love this story! Update soon, please! I'll give you a cookie.
Mimssio chapter 6 . 11/12/2011
Damn. I actually don't know what to say to the awesomeness that is this story. But I think that last scene might keep me warm all winter. So, thanks for lowering my heating bill. And blowing my mind. That too. Please keep writing.
and she knew love chapter 1 . 11/9/2011
Wow. Amazing. Seriously, a fantastic first chapter. It's been a really long time, and I come back to find this awesome fic of yours, and what a treat it is.

First off, I'm glad you can't do the 100% angst because I can't take it either. Having said that, I LOVE your flashbacks into Booth's past. We barely ever get to see his past on the show (something I hope will change in season 7), but your scenes more than make up for it. The first scene with Hank Booth was so incredibly powerful. The first line just gripped me and sucked me in until I could barely keep from skimming the sentences; I had to force myself to read each word, to savor it. The look at Booth's childhood was heartbreaking. I love how you portrayed Booth here - even as a kid, he's still the Booth we know: strong, protective, mature. Like Hank comments, it's so tragic that Booth understands all these cruelties at such a young age, but that's what makes him who he is today. Hope we can see more Hank-Seeley interaction.

B&B are so adorable together. I love how you write them. Their relationship is so casual because they've been together for a while, but it's also so intense. That's the amazing paradox to the two of them, and the way you write it is incredible. Booth's response to Cam's news was so in character - sometimes, he falls into fits of temper and disbelief, but when it's really important, he just kind of numbs himself to it and pretends it doesn't matter. I love, love, love the idea of Brennan as the comforter, as opposed to the comforted. There are always a ton of stories of Booth being the strong one having to comfort Brennan (I am so guilty of this), but seeing it the other way around is refreshing. It's a testament to how well they know each other that she succeeds in helping him in the rough patches of his life. She's usually not great at interpersonal relationships, but there's just something about Booth that she gets just right. It's awesome to see them click like that. I am in love with that scene where Booth "beat the absolute shit out of his car." It's such a raw moment for the both of them, and I could really feel Booth spinning wildly out of control as he grabbed that baton and proceeded to destroy his car. Brennan's reaction was just perfect - she knew just what to say to calm him down, and she even helped him out with his creative anger management session. Of course, she makes it completely logical (accurate dent pattern for impact with a medium sized car and all), but we all knew the truth. ;)

Reading about Booth and Rebecca wasn't nearly as fun as reading B&B (obviously), but it was interesting. It was nice to get a look at their relationship too, specifically about how different it is from B&B's relationship now. You captured a dark Booth, so different from the Booth we know and love, and I'm still figuring out whether I like that or not. It's interesting to see an edgier Booth, but an outright violent one? I'll have to see if I can take to that. But I'm sure whatever he is, he'll be moderated by Bones, so it'll all work out in the end.

Amazing chapter. I really want to read more, but I've got a project due tomorrow, so I'll be back later. Love it!
Raina Elizabeth chapter 6 . 10/31/2011
More please:D Lately you've been my favorite fanfiction author. You keep B and B in character and you give them the depth I sometimes miss in other stories. I'd love another chapter.
ErynGrace chapter 6 . 10/29/2011
Oh good god! UPDATE! :)
Silvertounge chapter 6 . 10/28/2011
This left me teary and breathless when I read it last night, so I came back for a second look this morning hoping to leave a more coherent review. And I'm still teary and hurting even though I knew it was coming.

This line in particular, "later she would once again marvel at the way it was possible to feel another person's emotional pain as vividly as she did her own" is right where you have left me. Your writing is so beautifully raw that I can almost feel the defeat in Booth, and the pain it's causing in Brennan as I read your words off the page, and it's killing me.

IT could be sex or a fight between the two of them and it's still true that they need the connection between them just as much. And when it's not there they can feel it, and you showed it so beautifully that it broke my heart at the end when Booth was gone.

Wonderful update, I can't wait to see where you take us next.
reader smurf chapter 6 . 10/27/2011
Beautiful. In character. Sweet, meaningful, but angsty, which I love. I'm in love with this story.
Ondiac chapter 6 . 10/27/2011
Thanks for the update! I'm loving this story!
Selene Illusinia chapter 6 . 10/26/2011
This is going to go badly. Booth really shouldn't have left after everything that happened.
183 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »