Reviews for Moments
VampireAreej chapter 1 . 5/6/2012
why did he hand toilet paper?
Saki-Hime chapter 10 . 11/23/2011
Good so far, update soon.
ArsenicPanda chapter 7 . 9/25/2011
Yay,Lelouch/Shirley! The world needs more Lelouch/Shirley. I like that you're expanding on the 50 Themes from the first chapter. This way we get kind of a preview of what's to come, and your 50 Themes were really good. They had a good amount of variety. I liked that some of them were kind of wacky and light-hearted like the show's Ashford Academy episodes. Some of the WAFF-y one bordered on sappy (mostly due to the use of the word 'beloved'. Something about that word just feels sappy to me, y'know?), but I prefer sappy Lelouch/Shirley to angsty Lelouch/Shirley. Most of the English Lelouch/Shirley fics are angsty, so the alternative is very refreshing!

One of the main obstacles for Lelouch/Shirley fics is the very small to non-existent time frame the fics can happen in. I'm so glad you're using the 50 Themes to just jump over that obstacle and write some of the adorable AU scenarios, especially the ones that feature Empress Shirley *squee*!

I'm going to go ahead and briefly review each chapter here, because the alternative would take too lo~ong (Gawd, I'm lazy) and I have a couple of comments that apply to multiple chapters.

First of all, your Milly is spot-on, just the right mix of plotting matchmaker, teasing friend, perceptive friend, wacky President, and all-around good friend.

Chapters 1 and 6 are sweet and cute, but have a slight problem due to the fact that Shirley wasn't interested in Lelouch until he stood up for a Japanese couple at a car-crash (I can't articulate this well, so I recommend Kanae-Mizuhito's Lelouch/Shirley Manifesto on LiveJournal for a better explanation.).

The capslock in Chapters 3 and 4 is a little awkward, but passable. I like Shirley's conflicted feelings and obvious distress in Chapter 3, and Lelouch's explanation for killing off all the Geass users in Chapter 4 is not only super-sweet (He calls her his 'queen' *squee*!) but a perfect fit with actions in canon. CC feels IC when questioning his moments; then rather OOC with the "dreadful name" comment, emotional forwardness, and talkative nature; but then she's back to being decently IC by shrugging everything off to go order pizza and probably never talk about that conversation or her 'confession' (of sorts) again.

I like what you did with Chapter 5. I was expecting angst, so I was pleasantly surprised by the light-hearted, semi-wacky Ashford antics. Making the sentence Milly's observation instead of a vague and angst-filled statement by Lelouch was a very clever move and gives the sentence a more natural feel. Milly's last statement is a little too forward even for her, but her decision to leave is spot-on.

I'm not entirely sure what the background situation is in Chapter 7, but I think it's a take on how a relationship between Lelouch and Shirley would go if she didn't know about the Geass, and an interesting one at that. I like the distinction between Lelouch as a person and the Zero figure. Most of Lelouch's angsty guilt trips about his relationship with Shirley focus only on him, so the inclusion of a couple of lines from conversations between Lelouch and Shirley about their relationship are very welcome. They show that the relationship problems are real and not just a product Lelouch's feeling guilty or trying to rationalize his way out of the relationship. It's still classically Lelouch with his 'demon' comments and presumptions that he knows what's best for both of them. I'm very glad you didn't turn it into a songfic, partly because those tend to be awkward, partly because the lyrics probably would have overwhelmed the amount of story text, and partly because they aren't allowed on .

So, tl;dr, I 3 this fic and eagerly await more. A lot of times I subscribe to a story, the story turns into a deadfic, and I really hope that doesn't happen here because English Lelouch/Shirley fic is hard enough to find, let alone _good_ English Lelouch/Shirley fic like this. So please, keep going! And have a good day!
Summer Eclair chapter 7 . 9/8/2011
oww.. SAD ! :( but thanks for updating :))
Alternate Rouge chapter 7 . 9/3/2011
wow... ShirleyxLelouch... nicely done... keep up the chapters coming in
gluedanimefan chapter 2 . 6/28/2011
i think that these chapters are great and i hope you will write a story for every one of your themes. these are really really really good.(*_*)
Summer Eclair chapter 4 . 6/20/2011
please keep on updating this one :D it was so amazing !
V0ID chapter 1 . 5/16/2011
Dave19941000 chapter 1 . 5/16/2011
I like them all, but I like #16, 19 and 46 over the rest.
Summer Eclair chapter 1 . 5/16/2011
i really liked this one.. All of it was beautifully written and very unique. I loved 2,7,10,14,22,28 and many more.. Actually all of it :D