Reviews for The GreenEyed Monster
setepenre-set chapter 1 . 8/22/2016
This was the first Megamind fic I ever read, and I always come back to it!

It's so good! I enjoy it immensely. Roxanne being jealous is *so great*. I love the fact that she's hurt when he doesn't kidnap her, and her list of good things about no more kidnappings-the way it starts off convincing, and ends up with "...no more Megamind" and you can just tell that Roxanne really is not okay with that.

"She was irritated, which was a perfectly normal reaction and not indicative of Stockholm's Syndrome." LOLOL.

Her being worried that she's getting too old for him, then being relieved when she ends up kidnapped again after all-YES.

"Oh, yes, today is a day he will certainly rue!" *love* that line.

THE DESCRIPTION OF ROXANNE AS "GLARING LASERS" AT MEGAMIND. I *adore* this line!

The conversation that devolves into an argument, Roxanne realizing that she's *really angry*, wanting to hurt him-this is such good characterization; Roxanne absolutely has a temper and knows how to hurt with words.

The way the argument shifts from her being jealous of him *kidnapping* other women to her being jealous of him in a *romantic/sexual* way-it happens so naturally, and neither of them seem to notice it happening. SO GOOD.

GOD I love them ending up shouting at each other-all of their feelings for each other have been repressed for so long and they end up coming out as anger and it's SO GREAT.

"You wouldn't know what to do with a woman if you had one changed to a table!" (as a random, non-specific example GOOD LORD the table line makes my stomach flip over every time ROXANNE ARE YOU HEARING YOURSELF RIGHT NOW?)

"He strode towards her, for once managing to look menacing," GAH *fans self* And then him pulling off his gloves and his cape, leaping up on the table...OHH MAN.

"Her voice did not shake. It didn't." love Roxanne trying to convince herself here.

"He knelt over her legs with a smooth, graceful motion that sent a thrill-of fear, definitely fear-through her body." this is such a sexy description, and Roxanne failing to convince herself that she doesn't think so is excellent.

"I know what to do," AHH MY GOD.

The telepathic sex scene is *brilliant*. I love telepathic sex in stories, and this is a really wonderful example. The way it happens so naturally, the way it isn't explained that it's keyed off of touch, but it's perfectly obvious that it is-it isn't even ever explained that it *is* telepathy; it just unfolds so effortlessly, and it is very impressive and enjoyable.

"She wanted more of him-wanted his actual hands to slide over her breasts, his actual mouth biting at her neck, but she couldn't articulate anything." Roxanne wanting this to really be physically happening is one of my favorite parts of this.

Megamind hesitating until she tells him not to stop. I *love* that.

Him using the telepathy to figure out what would feel best for her, and Roxanne, meanwhile, is trying to use the telepathic connection to figure out why it seems like he feels something more than lust for her...Roxanne is a curious person by nature, she wants to know things, and she absolutely wants to know things about *Megamind*.

The forehead touch that creates the even deeper telepathic connection between them, "and like a lightning bolt into her mind, she could feel it all, everything he had ever felt for her, stronger than she could have imagined, and more beautiful" THIS. I LOVE THIS PART SO *VERY* MUCH. Megamind saying her name almost helplessly, then, and looking afraid, but her realization of his love for her is *what tips her over into an orgasm* YES. PERFECT.

I love that Roxanne is the one who recovers from the telepathic sex first, that she is so happy about all of this. She wraps herself around him and kisses him and she thinks that it feels natural, that everything finally makes sense AND I LOVE IT.

"She pressed slow, drugging kisses against his mouth until he couldn't not respond any more,"-this is a lovely description, and I like that Megamind still, after everything, had to be *convinced* that kissing her is okay.

AAAAAHHHH them apologizing to each other warms my heart.

"she wanted to mark him all over so that everyone would know. She couldn't think straight; Roxanne wasn't sure what they would know, but they would certainly know it." AHAHAHAHAHAH THIS. SO FUNNY.

(Roxanne still being jealous *cackles in glee* I like it a lot! And Megamind's complete lack of interest in anyone other than Roxanne I LIKE THAT A LOT, TOO.)

"Only you...it's always been you" *melts*

Minion walking in on them and panicking OMG LOLOLOL

The scene with Minion is hilarious- "...and now we want to *talk* some more" and "Yes! There is much talking to be done!" pfffft. Roxanne's skirt getting turned sideways and Roxanne telling Megamind that he's going to show her his room (him *blushing* as he agrees AAHH SO CUTE) Megamind edging them towards the door "in the least subtle way imaginable" AHAHAHAHAHA HE'S SUCH A DORK I LOVE HIM.

And the bad guy gets the girl sometimes! YES. YES HE DOES.

This whole story is hilarious and hot and imaginative and well-written and I am so very glad that it exists, because I love it!
readingaccount chapter 1 . 2/28/2016
Brilliant! Love it.
werewolf6780 chapter 1 . 7/6/2015
Certainly an interesting take! I like the Vulcan-mind-meld addition.
shadewatcher chapter 1 . 12/4/2013
Bwahahahhahaaa! Oh i soo love this. lol XD
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 5/6/2013
"But..." Minion said as they exited, sounding confused, "the bad guy doesn't get the girl."

-Depends on the girl. And the Bad Guy. Love this!
MegaChoirQueer chapter 1 . 7/27/2012
Haha! That was adorable and somewhat humorous in a weird way. But, it was sweet. I loved how Roxanne was all jealous; it was rather cute to see her all jealous-like. :) Keep up the good work!
Phantom77 chapter 1 . 6/1/2012
Oh WOW! Nice story! I have to say, I love how minion walked in and thought Megamind was taking advantage of Roxanne. "Sir! We're not that kind of villain!" - best line ever. XD
Watcher of the Hearts chapter 1 . 4/11/2012
Hot damn!

that was fantastic!

and i just loved jealous Roxanne! haha!
MlleMary chapter 1 . 3/25/2012
Hot DAMN! This was great!

I love that Roxanne was jealous of mean old Deborah, but I'm sure in this case she'll have to thank the woman for getting the two of them to finally go at each other...in the way they really wanted! :)
Nightmare Asylum chapter 1 . 9/25/2011
Oh god, Towards the end you had me. I was laughing sooo hard.
OrangeAfterglow chapter 1 . 8/11/2011
ohhhohohohoooo! nice!
Vivid Imaginest chapter 1 . 7/9/2011
I'm telling you, you could do some really AMAZING things with an actual chapter story. These one shots keep me craving more! They're SOO GOOD! Please do some more? Maybe if not a story story a series of one shots? Something please, before I explode! D
guri-n chapter 1 . 7/7/2011
loved it!
mississippii chapter 1 . 7/6/2011
MOOOOOAAARRR! ME NEEDS MOAR PLS!

I just loved everything! Please do some more of this amazing writing.
Nora Salisbury chapter 1 . 7/4/2011
Love this story. The scene of telepathic exploration was very good, original, there's many telepathy angles out there but that's a new one.