Reviews for Cast Me Gently Into Morning
SpangleyPony chapter 2 . 5/16/2011
Love it! Will you please consider writing a sequel or a least a story in the same universe taking place after this one. And to think I nearly didn't read it as it was in one characters pov!
feathersofgold chapter 2 . 5/16/2011
This was truly wonderful. Nearly had me in tears.
Lilynette chapter 2 . 5/16/2011
Beautiful! Very different from your other story, and while I prefer fast-paced stories with action and lengthy dialogues... I really liked this two-shot. It's interesting to see something written from Arthur's point of view. I was also wondering how Merlin would react when he woke up... and then he said 'I'm sorry' and slapped a hand to my forehead and called myself stupid, because *of course* Merlin would say that. ;D I love that boy.

So! Great story, I really enjoyed it. And I was happy to read that you have many fic ideas floating around in your head. I can't wait for the next one!

(On another note, your mention of season 4 spoilers had me intrigued, since I hadn't checked any yet - autumn is still so-o-o-o far away - and can I just say Oh. My. Gawd! Summer isn't even started and I want it to be over already! Merlin whump in the first episodes! And a concerned Arthur! And Hero!Merlin! And Gwaine! I'm so pumped right now :P)
Hyper Hippie chapter 2 . 5/16/2011
Okay so I actually finished reading this 5 minutes ago but before reviewing I had to send the link to my best friend to rec because this is def one of the best merlin fics I've read. Ever. As a big merthur fan I very rarely read fics so I don't run the risk of the thing called arwen (which i have fogotten what it meant on more then one occasion). But yes back on track AMAZING completely brilliant is slightly depressing. I love Arthur in this though to be honest I love it all hense it going on my fave fic list :)
Rocky181 chapter 2 . 5/16/2011
Awesome awesome story! I think it was fabulous!
bluesheepy chapter 2 . 5/16/2011
This was really good :)
WitchyWeasel chapter 2 . 5/16/2011
Wow, this was a seriously amazing one-shot. I wish I could write a review to do it justice but my review skills suck, so I'll just say how much I adore how well you got into Arthur's head. I love reading Arthur fics like this because there's so much to explore and we rarely get to know he's thinking. You did a brilliant job at expanding on his character and feelings in a believable way. This must have been a difficult piece to write and you pulled it off brilliantly.

Thanks for writing!
allithea chapter 2 . 5/16/2011
Nice. :)
MamzelleHermy chapter 2 . 5/16/2011
Oh my god ! This is one of the best one shot I ever read ! Don't you doubt that it is absolutly brillant ! I'm dreaming of a companion story in Merlin's POV or a prequel with a little more of what happened in the forest. This story is really, really great.

Cheers
Lefayla chapter 2 . 5/16/2011
Err... wow. There's nothing much else to say on this story really.

Arthur is a VERY difficult character to analyse because, in the series, he keeps his feelings below a mask that he maintains for the sake of propriety. Though he lets loose in a way and talks to Merlin (even going so far as to ask his advice a few times), I think that he still hasn't yet borne his bare soul to the warlock. As you've said, Arthur has never really been taught to express such intense feelings because they've always been discouraged by everyone around him.

However, that's not to say that those feelings aren't THERE; 'The Sins of the Father' showed just how intensely Arthur can feel after all. So most of the time, we really have no idea what is really going on deep down in Arthur's heart.

So, as it is, the way Arthur would react when faced with a situation like this is anyone's guess. But, if ever something like this were to happen in the series, my money is on him reacting the way you portrayed.

As for Merlin - how the lad hasn't broken yet is beyond me. His oldest friend died, his mother and Arthur nearly died, Gaius (for a while at least) died, his lover died, his father died and on top of that every time he makes a step forward with Arthur and magic, something happens to knock them back three more. The only death he really got to mourn was Will, and even then it was cut short as he had to carry on with his duties.

For all that Merlin keeps a huge part of him hidden, he really IS an open book in many ways. Arthur was right that one time he said Merlin was a hopeless liar - the kid wears his emotions on his sleeve where they are plain for everyone to see. The only reason he's kept the secret for this long is because - while he's a useless liar - he's a master at changing the subject and avoiding the question. And Arthur, being Arthur, doesn't have the patience to work through the feelings Merlin throws up to hide his real ones.

I loved the way you described Merlin's despair, because that's exactly what he would be and Arthur has never had to deal with him acting like that, not really, because Merlin hasn't let himself get that far.

...Either that or the kid has steel armour protecting his heart! :P

Angst is a bugger to write, because when people are melancholy their minds often go round in endless circles. It's HARD to write something like that and yet make sure that it isn't becoming repetitive.

You pulled it off brilliantly!

Really, there's too much for me to analyse and it is all such an excellent quality (I couldn't find a single grammar slip-up) that I wouldn't know where to start! I loved 'Healing Spells' and I really think you've outdone yourself on this one my friend. ;)

XD :D XD
alisseadreams chapter 2 . 5/16/2011
That was the most amazing, wonderful, intense, heartbreaking story I have read in months...lots of months. I read some wonderful ones, but your is just... perfect... Absolutly perfect.

You got me in since the first word, you made me nervous, and itching to read more and I wa torn between two things. For one part I wanted to read it slowly, tasting and enjoying each word of this fantastic story, but on the other part, I couldn't read fast enough to reach the end and know what would happen.

You made me cry, slow thick tears travelling down my face.

You stopped me breathing and I needed to stop a couple of times to gain my breath pnce again.

And you made forget about everything (even my exmas) so fixed I was on this creating.

I don't have enough words to describe how much I love this (and don't worry everything was great. No Ocness. And Artur was brilliant)

I can only say:

THANK YOU. Just THANK YOU. For writing this, for making so much perfect and for giving us a piece of yourslef.

THANK YOU.

Love

Clara

p.d: and now I'm wondering what am I suppose to read next that can be a little part of good this one was...
Audrey chapter 2 . 5/16/2011
Wow, that was a truly beautiful, amazing story. I could physically feel my heart breaking when i was reading about Arthur's guilt and sorrow. Great, fantastic story. You're so awesome at writing, please keep it up and never stop! Thanks
Felicity P chapter 1 . 5/16/2011
Awesome as always! I loved it! You had me in tears lol now I have the sniffles...wheres my tissue? *sniff*

This was full of wonderful deep emotions that made me feel the pain as I read along. Breathtaking :) Great job.
ProneToInsanity chapter 2 . 5/15/2011