Reviews for Mignionette
Gloria Spark chapter 1 . 10/16
Seriously I couldn't stand Junpei's character when playing the male in FES but in p3p the friendship between the female and Junpei is beautiful it's rather perfect to just have a male and a girl as friends for once in a game.

This story was beautiful just like that, it was displayed perfectly.
Kat chapter 1 . 6/21/2014
Thank you very much for such a beautiful fic. I've always preferred femc' s route over mc's for the chance of befriending junpei & yukari early in the game ( aside other bonuses such as Shinji & Ryoji's SLs, saving both Shinji & Chidori...). Personally, Junpei & femc's brotp is my top favourite relationship in the game. It's beautiful on its own without the touch of romance, not to mention the conversations for this SL are usually funny. As I am more connected to Sees through femc, it often breaks my heart how her death would leave the Sees members...
eneresy chapter 1 . 5/27/2014
I've re-read this and I just noticed that I didn't leave a review before-whoops. /shot/
It's still how I remembered it, the unique bond of friendship that's just so Junpei and Minako's XD
If there's ever a bromance that breaks my heart while comforting me with fluffiness, it's this bromance. coughs.

thanks for the story!
KamilahKaliope chapter 1 . 7/20/2013
This fic is perfect...I can feel Junpei's feeling and its really hurt...
Nenilein chapter 1 . 1/31/2013
That was beautiful. Simply amazing and inspirational. It felt very genuine and warm. I found myself teary eyed at the (expected) end.
WipingAllOut chapter 1 . 8/20/2012
That was beautifully written. I wish I could say more, but the words still haven't formed yet or something. The snippets, the emotion, it went together in a way that demanded my interest. I always found the interactions between Minako and Junpei interesting, so to see it in story form and with such quality is really a treat. Thank you.
Nic.Lan chapter 1 . 6/2/2012
This was absolutely beautiful!
R.G Charleoui chapter 1 . 5/18/2012
No words. *claps instead*
iiHugglez chapter 1 . 11/12/2011
Aww. Now I feel sad. This is a very lovely story. Aww...I heart it cries.

You did a great job.
Iseki chapter 1 . 10/22/2011
This is amazing and perfect and exactly the kind of fic I was looking for when I randomly punched "Junpei" into the search aggregator. I've only just started playing the girl's side and the social link with him is simply glowing. It's super sweet and you expanded on it quite poetically. I thought I wanted a little bit of romance but I think I almost like this better because well its simple and true and oh so CANON.

Thank you for writing.
Lanthanon chapter 1 . 10/8/2011

Just ;_;, I love how you depicted their bromance.
silentmusic16 chapter 1 . 8/29/2011
There's nothing about this that I don't love. The writing style is interesting, the story is heartwarming, and the characters are,you know, in-character. Plus, I'm all for Minako and Junpei being the most bro-iest of bros. It's the one reason I wasn't sad that he wasn't a love interest.

Great job.
heylalaa chapter 1 . 7/3/2011
junpei's and minako's bromance story is the most fabulous thing that ever been made in this world. it's just so sad that they're only a few of them ;A;

thank you for making this!

/goes seacrhing for another junpeifemc fic
meowfactory chapter 1 . 6/7/2011

((He's glad he didn't fall in love with Minako, if only because on the occasions when Chidori smiles, she honestly means it.))

((She's pretty because she's a friend, not because she's a girl...))

AAAAAHHHHGGG. This is my favourite social link of the game. This bromance breaks my heart, for realz. Props to you for being able to write them as friends without feeling like... how should I say it. I guess sometimes you read a friendship scene and it feels like a neon flashing sign is gonna pop up which says 'UPGRADE TO LOVERS Y/N'. With or without Chidori, the dynamic you've portrayed between them works. Once they're fully into the whole 'being bros' thing, there's no backtracking, no what-ifs. It makes my heart happy.

Your headcanon is a new way of thinking for me BUT I LOVE IT.
Rayless Night chapter 1 . 5/17/2011
Can't help but love such a well-written Junpei. It's a very sweet version of him but still perfectly recognizable - the uncertainty, the sulkiness, even the way he seems to spend a lot of his time taking in what other people are doing.

Also some gorgeous turns of phrase - "if friendship could ever be described, it would be the way the corners of her eyes crinkled with happiness and the way her lips curved up into a grateful smile"

"Minako's perfect at being imperfect too. She talks to herself on the fortnights before the full moon, and she's constantly replaying the same playlist in her headphones, and she cries mercilessly when she assumes no one is in the dorm." That "perfectly imperfect" dichotomy is one of my favorite parts - you could really work with that.

Also the two x's they draw - I love how it almost reinterprets the meaning of her hair pins. But there's also the sense of cancellation as well, something being both promised and crossed out. As for the visual cues there, the two x's, I'm usually against that sort of thing, but I'm such a softie for that scene that I think it works.

some punctuation/awkward phrasing/missed word typos; the centered lines were jarring; the line-break in the final scene (before "That's a big promise") is really confusing.

I like this character-driven snapshot structure, but I feel like the pacing is off. A lot of the early stuff (Minako being perfect, Junpei being jealous) feels like you're telling us stuff we already know - it's reiterated from the game, and there isn't a lot of new info added to it. It doesn't feel like there's much propelling the fic at the very start.

The latter half worked much better for me because it was telling me things I didn't know - like Junpei rummaging through her closet, or them talking the day before she dies. It both surprised me and stayed true to the characters, which I just loved.

I also felt the Chidori scenes unfocused the story some. It was good stuff, but I wasn't sure what purpose it served in this particular story (versus some other story that's about Junpei and Chidori or more broadly about Junpei growing up).

End crit. I'm sorry I went on so long, I just wanted to be clear.

Really great writing. I like the friendship you present here, Junpei and Minako both as pals and as two people who grow to put their full trust in each other.