Reviews for Learning to love again
Elliesmeow chapter 7 . 10/30/2013
Can't wait to see what happens next. Should be very interesting to see how it all goes down with Damon as the only vampire on their side. Thanks for posting.
vampire and inuyasha lover 13 chapter 7 . 3/2/2013
when is the next chapter coming out ?
vamplover2011 chapter 7 . 12/16/2012
Yay Caroline is in this chapter! I love the way you write Caroline. I also love that she is sort of accepting of Elena and Damon’s relationship. I wish show Caroline would have the same attitude. I don’t like how the writers are writing her this season, she can’t keep a secret and she’s getting in everyone’s business. If it was season one then it wouldn’t bother me so much. She’s evolved and changed since season one and I feel like the writers are bring her back to how she was before.

I don’t understand why she feels that she needs to be so loyal to Stefan when until this season they were never really close. I love Steroline (I also like Forwood and Klaroline lol) but she should be more loyal to Elena since they were friends way before her and Stefan became friends. I hope that makes sense, she’s still one of my favorite characters but I just don’t like the direction she’s heading in this season. Lol. Sorry for the mini-rant.

I love that Elena defends Damon when she’s talking to Ric and that she is noticing how much Damon has and is changing. I love Caroline’s intentions in wanting Bonnie and Elena to be friends again, but I just can’t stand Bonnie. I find it interesting that in the show she is somewhat understanding and accepting of Elena’s feelings for Damon but overall I never liked Bonnie. She’s way too judgy and she tried to kill Damon and now she’s just being mean to Caroline and Elena.

I love that Damon has always been honest with Elena and isn’t afraid to tell her anything. ;) This was another amazing chapter; I look forward to the next chapter and the next chapter YCNBS!
vamplover2011 chapter 6 . 12/16/2012
I like that Elena wants to run straight to Damon and tell him about her meeting with Trudie. Yay Alaric is in this chapter! Damon’s retelling of what happened between him and Ric is hilarious! I love reading Ric and Damon’s bantering as much as I love reading Damon and Elena’s.

I like the way you wrote Elena finding out about Isobel, it’s a great change compared to the show. I also like how you wrote Elena’s inner turmoil, she’s angry at what Damon did yet she wanted to curl up in his arms and cry. I love that he went to her room and apologize for turning her mother. Both of them in bed together talking, playfully joking and then falling asleep next together is such a beautiful scene. It reminds me of 3x08 when they fall asleep next to each other. This was a great and cute way to end the chapter!
vamplover2011 chapter 5 . 12/16/2012
Waking up and finding Damon in your kitchen making breakfast is a wonderful scenery not to mention a cute way to start the chapter! :) I love Jenna’s attitude on Damon and Elena’s road trip and that she suggested they spend the night over there. I love Jenna’s attitude towards Damon!

"He's so hot," Jenna whispered leaning closer to me, as soon as we were alone "I don't understand why you even started dating Stefan, when you could be with this man. God, he's amazing."

"Jenna, we're just friends," I said laughing. Because we might have been alone into the house, but I was willing to bet that Damon was leaning against his Camaro, smirking as he listened in on us talking.

"How can you ever be just friends with this creature, Elena? He's not only hot, he has manners, and knows how to treat a woman, he is an excellent cook, and he has these long fingers," my eyes widened. Why was Jenna putting these images in my head? And anyway, it just felt wrong hearing her talking about this, and about this and Damon! "just imagine what he can d.."

Damon and Elena joking with each other about her sleeping habits is too cute! Damon telling her to get some sleep so she doesn’t look like the old lady from Titanic is hilarious. I love that he got ice to wake her up; these two are so adorable together. ;) I also love that she isn’t scared of his vampire features and that she’s curious about them as well. ;)

Their Georgia trip in 1x11 is one of my favorite Delena episodes. They both got closer especially after she saved him from almost burning to a crisp. I love that you incorporated that into your story and added your own twists. Both of them bantering as she’s helping him the car is as always written perfectly. I love whenever these two are playfully arguing over something, you write them perfectly, Damon’s snarky remarks are always wonderful to read. I love the following description.

“I held back a sob, as the images of Damon lying on the ground, badly injured, passed in front of my eyes. It was at that moment that it dawned on me: I didn't want to lose Damon, I couldn't lose Damon. After everything we'd been through together, all the fights, and the funny moments, the dancing, and the drinking, the screaming, and the joking… I couldn't deny that we had come very close. And even though a couple of weeks ago I would have cracked up at the thought… I could now trust him.”

Elena telling Damon that she needs him and she can’t lose him had me in tears. That scene was so touching, I love that she laid her head on his chest and fell asleep next to him. ;) Aww I thought Elena got through to Damon when she told him not to go after Bree. I did like your explanation on why Damon had to kill her though.

“There was also the pleasure I had taken in doing it. I hadn't killed in a very long time and contrarily to common belief, it's not that I want to do it. It's that I need it. Normal people have therapy sessions and eat chocolate to relax. I am not a normal person. I am a vampire. I need the kill, and Bree was causing me trouble. This was basically me killing two birds with one stone. Pun kind of intended.”

I love that Damon has a softer side when it comes to Elena and that he is slowly realizing it. As always this is a wonder chapter. I love how you are building up Elena and Damon’s relationship. :)
vamplover2011 chapter 4 . 12/16/2012
I love that even when Damon is feeling crappy he still manages to bicker with Elena instead of hurting her feelings and pushing her away. I hope that makes sense, lol. I really love that Elena isn’t scared to be around a pissed off Damon.

‘"You think I didn't hear you moping around the other day?" my jaw dropped as I figured out what he was talking about. He hadn't been asleep after all. "You broke a glass, Elena. I am not the sleeping freaking beauty. I am a vampire. Super-senses, remember? I can also rip your throat apart, before you can even blink. And believe me, right now, I really, really want to." He stared hungrily at my neck, and if it were a month ago, I probably would have run away screaming. But I knew better now. I knew him better now. I knew what I had to do.’

‘"No. And you either tell me how to get blood into you without tapping a vein, or I swear to God, I'm going to spoon-feed you a squirrel."’

I would totally love to see Elena spoon-feed Damon a squirrel. Their dialogue is amazing, as always you write them so well! I love that Damon teases her every chance he gets and that Elena recognizes that as him being his normal self again.

Katherine turning Damon because she knew Stefan couldn’t live without him is very interesting. I never really thought of it like that before. I always thought of Katherine being selfish and just wanting both of them for her manipulative self.

I love that both of them need each other to get through their respective betrayals. Both of them leaning on one another in their time of need, really shows just how deep their bond truly is.

‘"We will," he whispered in my ear, and I nodded. We were in this together. And I wouldn't even try to explain the warm feeling that had settled in my heart.’

Sniffles. Damon and Elena are always together. :)

I like that Jenna and Elena aren’t fighting anymore and that she is going to help Elena find Isobel. Damon sneaking up on Elena when she least expect it is too cute! YES Delena road trip! I love whenever Damon and Elena take a road trip together!
vamplover2011 chapter 3 . 12/13/2012
This is a wonderful way to start the chapter! I love that Damon carried Elena to his bed and is now currently sleeping next to her. I like that she’s questioning if she ended up having sex with him. I mean if she did, she wouldn’t be able to forget it but that’s just my opinion. Lol.

I absolutely love that she’s watching Damon as he sleeps peacefully next to her. It’s such a beautiful scene. The description here is really amazing, I like that Elena had sort of a mini epiphany on why Damon behaves the way he does and why he doesn’t let people truly see him.

“His lips were slightly apart, his chest moving up and down with every breath he took. He looked almost human. He definitely didn't look half as the monster he pretended to be. In a moment of clarity I realized that this, this was the truth. Damon was constantly trying to protect himself by building thick walls around him, by pushing everyone away, by terrorizing whoever even thought of getting closer. These last few days, however, had provided me with enough clues as to how he really was, how he really looked inside. He was hurt. Suffering, like we all do. And he is scared of ever going through the same pain again. Even though I doubted he would admit this any time soon.”

While I’m against invading someone’s privacy, I think that Elena is completely justified in reading Stefan’s journal. He was lying to her while they were together and she deserves answers to why she looks like Katherine. The way you wrote Elena’s inner turmoil when she found out the truth about why Stefan wanted to know her and that she is adopted is absolutely perfect. That scene along with how she lashed out at Jenna held so many emotions, you captured it wonderfully.

Bonnie is such a judgy person. Lol. I love that Elena is defending Damon to Bonnie and telling her that they have gotten closer since Stefan left. I love that Damon only lets her see a different, softer side to him. I also love that Elena went to check up on him since she hadn’t heard from him.
Vamplover2011 chapter 2 . 12/6/2012
I finally have some free time on my hands since my classes are over for the semester, so I can now read this lovely story. Can I just say that this is one of my favorite stories ever! It was one of the first ones that I came across when I discovered fanfiction. I wish that the show would have taken a similar turn in this direction. Personally I think Elena should have left Stefan in the end of 1x11, when she returned from her road trip with Damon. Elena finding the picture of Katherine, in Stefan’s room after they slept together felt like a huge slap in the face. In my opinion, Stefan having the picture in his room constantly looking at it shows how much he still cares about Katherine, and makes me wonder how much he really cares for Elena.

‘"Thanks, Damon," I said sarcasm coloring my voice "you're helping very much." I tried to stand up, even though I still didn't have full control of my limbs, but Damon's hands gripped my shoulders, halting my moves.

"Hey, I was just trying to lighten up the mood. There is only so much doom and gloom this vampire can take." His eyes were still playful, but there was some honesty in there, too. And perhaps a little bit of regret.

"I know," I replied, and sighed. "I shouldn't have snapped at you, actually I should be the one th.." the next thing I knew, Damon's index finger was on my lips, silencing me.

"Don't," he whispered "After all, look what I've achieved," he added in his usual chipper voice "Elena Gilbert is sitting on my lap, willingly! That's a first!"

"You know, for a moment you made me think that there was something wrong with you. You spent like what… ten minutes being serious, without being a flirt? That's never happened before!" I replied rolling my eyes, as the corners of my lips lifted in a tiny smile.’

I love that Damon feels the need to carry Elena inside since she’s emotionally distraught. I love that Damon tries to lighten the mood with his wonderful humor. Elena and his playful banter together is, as always written perfectly.

I love the following description of Elena questioning her relationship with Stefan. Her questions are so reasonable and genuine.

"And now I feel so silly for actually believing that this would have worked out. I mean he was never completely honest to me, Bonnie. There was always something that he would keep from me, something that he thought I wouldn't be able to handle. How is a relationship supposed to work like that?"

I like that Elena is questioning her relationship with Stefan and isn’t turning a blind eye to his behavior. Damon’s humor is excellent. I love that he’s always trying to cheer Elena up in his own snarky way. :)

"Bonnie's at her Grams', Caroline is with Matt all the time, and Stefan is…"

"Gone," he finished my sentence. "Okay, so what did you have in mind? Slumber party? Strip poker? FYI, I happen to be wearing my good underwear." I managed a scowl in his direction.

"Damon," I scolded.

"Ugh, you're boring," he whined, leaning against the wet bar across the room. "We need to fix that. But first of all, call that aunt of yours. Tell her you're spending the night at Blondie's. Or Sabrina's. Whatever."

Damon referring to himself as Dracula and Elena sleeping over is too cute! Both of them dancing around to Pink is great! I like that she can let herself go and have fun with Damon. I also like that Elena found Katherine’s picture and is really questioning Stefan’s motives to getting to know her. Did he want to be with her because he wanted to know her or because she looked like Katherine? Those are valid questions that should have been addressed more in the show. I can’t get enough of this story. I love the way you slowly building up Damon and Elena’s relationship. I love seeing them as friends before they admit their feelings. :)
Conan in love chapter 5 . 11/16/2012
love it
arosew chapter 7 . 11/12/2012
Karolina94 chapter 7 . 11/12/2012
Great chapter. I love Caroline. She's such a great fiend unlike Bonnie. I loved this story before but now it's even better. I'm sad we have to wait until December for the next chapter though. Well, I'm looking forward to it :)
darkkissesful chapter 7 . 11/12/2012
I just started reading this story to day and it's amazing! I am a HUGE Delena shipper so for me it's good that Stefan is gone from Mystic Falls so hes not in the way of Damon and Elena getting together but i was wonder if he will return at all in this story?
tukct81 chapter 7 . 11/11/2012
Awesome chapter. I was surprised at how supportive Caroline was. I was not surprised by how judgmental Bonnie was. Can't wait for the next update!
ayna93 chapter 7 . 11/11/2012
Slow progress .. Loving that Care is team Delena /team Elena's happiness though :)
Karolina94 chapter 6 . 11/4/2012
Awww, that was so sweet. I love how Damon apologized and I love that Elena forgave him. He didn't even know Elena then and Isobel wanted to be a vampire. I'm glad Elena understands that. I love their friendship.