Reviews for Far to Nowhere
TalbotWolf chapter 1 . 5/17/2011
youve captured loki well. I thought that he stole the show as well. I felt so sorry for him and I wanted to hug and comfort him. this story is good!
Chick With Brains chapter 1 . 5/17/2011
That was just amazing. I agree, Loki was just an incredible character. All my favorite scenes ended up being the ones that Loki was in. :]

Write on!

~CWB
The Illegible chapter 1 . 5/16/2011
This story was absolutely stunning and deserves many, MANY more reviews. Your writing is beautiful, Loki is in character, you captured Thor and Frigga AND Odin magnificently through his consciousness...not to mention how much this makes me want to give the manipulative psycho a hug. :') Poor Loki. Think you embodied his despair perfectly in this fic and I'd love to read more. Great job!
megumisakura chapter 1 . 5/16/2011
awsome!
NexIncendius chapter 1 . 5/16/2011
Poor Loki. He was defiantly the reason the movie was good, his character was so much deeper then Thor, and was pittance brilliantly. I want to kidnap Loki and give him a hug.
alycat21 chapter 1 . 5/16/2011
This was beautiful. So heartbreaking!
mslupin21 chapter 1 . 5/16/2011
I know exactly what you mean about his character. I saw Thor twice. The first time I thought his character was very intriguing, but wrote him off as evil brother. Watching the second time, I was entirely fascinated by Tom Hiddleson's performance. I saw someone broken who just wanted some reassurance that he was loved, too. He really never meant harm to those he loved. He was conniving and at times cruel, but he was always there to make sure no true harm came to pass (his brother and friends were saved in Jotunheim, his father was not killed by Laufey).

Very captivating character. You did a great job tackling all of his emotions.
Do Delete This Account chapter 1 . 5/16/2011
Short but powerful. It's great.
chatnoir1 chapter 1 . 5/16/2011
Very nice. Loki, to be honest, is the reason I went to see Thor in the first place - he's the only one of the pantheon that has ever held any interest for me. Unlike the others, he's complex. conflicted, confused. There are many layers and peel back enough of them and you can see his pain. And it's intense and it's consuming.
Scurryfunger chapter 1 . 5/16/2011
Awesome one shot!

I agree with you about Thor. I went to see it this weekend my sisters, expecting to have fun mocking it (yay for free movie tickets), but found myself enjoying it instead, and feeling incredibly sorry for Loki. You could tell from the beginning that he was going to be the bad guy-pale, scrawny, black hair, younger brother- but he turned out to be a person, not just a character, which was great but also really sad at the end when things didn't work out and he disappeared into the void (personally, I don't think he's dead, after all, he is able to travel between dimensions without the gate, but if he ever shows up again, his character probably will not be so well portrayed a second time. Sigh.).

-On a completely different note, I found it irritating that people kept mentioning how Thor was changed by THE GIRL. Yes, there was a GIRL, yes she is BEAUTIFUL and a SCIENTIST, but they seemed to lay all the credit for Thor's one day miracle maturation at her feet. Granted, I can see why they don't give Thor that much credit. The guy fights with a giant hammer, and his only idea for saving a civilization is to start smashing things up (namely the bridge that connects their world to all the others, aren't they supposed to be the rulers/enforcement of the galaxy. Isn't this a problem? Too bad they just lost the only guy smart enough to figure out a way to travel between worlds other than the sparkly, flamboyant, and loud rainbow gate of destiny.) But still, the GIRL thing was incredibly overdone.-

Heh heh... back to the original point of this review...

Loved your characterization of Loki. Would love to read anything else you come up with about him.

40 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3