Reviews for The Cojones
JENTWCSINYFAN2 chapter 1 . 10/5/2014
Wow very good , very good job. Nice angst level .
Francis chapter 1 . 4/16/2014
Other such like Balt, Tony was magnificent and a great leader. Ziva would have killed the boy mercilessly it were not for Tony and his instinct.
katesari chapter 1 . 6/28/2013
Just killing some time here on vacation. Enjoyed this bait bit. Nice Tony and Gibbs interaction. Bye
Cackymn chapter 1 . 4/11/2013
Loved it, very insightful. Glad I found you. :-)
Gottahavemyncis chapter 1 . 2/5/2012
Great tag, thanks! And if you're like me, it won't be out of your system...but every time you see the DVD or see Bait on reruns, you can come here and read your story. I'm primarily a Tim fan, and that's what I try to do with the episode Dog Tags. Although it still irritates me to no end, I can at least watch it now as I have tags people have written & posted here that express my feelings exactly.
Anonymous033 chapter 1 . 9/4/2011
Your friend Di says read your stories :)

So I did, lol. Although I rarely read Tony-fics (my fav character is Ziva, and I'm a decided Tiva 'shipper), I enjoyed this! It almost made me cry, especially when Gibbs asked him if he realized it took more cojones to say "stand down". It's a beautifully written Tony/Gibbs fic, and although I get the faint impression that you're not fond of either Jenny or Ziva, I love how you've portrayed Tony's thought processes.

Wonderful work!
USAFChief chapter 1 . 8/28/2011
...and a good job it was, too. You've listed all the things about that episode that bugged me, too. And you've done it in a very clever way.

Thanks for posting this.

pdf
Laine3112 chapter 1 . 8/17/2011
A rare moment to actually read someone else's stories so, of course, I thought of you.

Liked this very much as, like many others, I was also bitterly disappointed by the lack of faith and respect shown to Tony. I understand the writer's were keen to continue showing Ziva as a cold-hearted assassin trained to "get the job done." But only weeks before in "Undercovers" Tony had shown enough cojones to get her out of the room - perhaps at the cost of his own life. I would have thought she'd have remembered that.

Nice insight into Tony's thoughts and the way he shows only what he wants people to see. well done, L
Long Live BRUCAS chapter 1 . 8/1/2011
That was a good episode.

Never did like what Ziva said Tony or the way he was treated buy her or the Director.

I agree with Gibbs it took guts to say stand down.

Good thing Gibbs know him so well. He knew just what to say and when.
Hieiko chapter 1 . 5/29/2011
Awesomeness. I love how you fleshed out Tony's possible reactions to all the little details... and that the thing that bothered him most is losing Gibbs.
TinTin11 chapter 1 . 5/24/2011
Loved this! This is one of my favorite episodes! Tony may not be Gibbs, be he sure does a really nice job when in charge! And yes, it really is all about perspective! Wish I could rave more, but have to go! Wonderful work! :)
vanishingp2000 chapter 1 . 5/23/2011
I LOVE it! So much understanding between the two and great dialogue. I'm glad that Tony had it out with the director too, I must admit I hadn't thought about what she did from his perspective but you're absolutely right, it could have made a difference, especially to Tony, having to tell Cody that his mum was still dead. Great story, as always. Many thanks, VP.
Mezzo Beev chapter 1 . 5/23/2011
You did a nice job picking on the elements of the episode that were particularly troubling: Ziva and the director’s very unprofessional undermining of Tony’s authority and potentially his confidence, and the director’s stupid and potentially disastrous interference in the situation. You had good reason to angst about the episode. I like how you have Gibbs catching on to what everyone else has missed after the action and following up. And I like how you had the Major speaking up for Tony’s performance and making it clear that it was Tony’s conduct, despite the unsupportive behavior and convictions of the people around him, that resulted in a successful conclusion to the crisis. I would disagree with Tony’s attitude towards Ziva’s thinking he is a coward or not worthy of respect. That’s a problem that should be dealt with near term, because that sort of thinking on her part is what would lead her to disobey commands in the field and get people hurt. I like that in the end, there is no need for discussion – Gibbs is taking Tony home to his place.
TheNaggingCube chapter 1 . 5/18/2011
I like and agree you gave us a better closure than the show, it was needed.
Belker chapter 1 . 5/18/2011
*and what was he going to do about it? Well, he told her, he sure as hell wasn't going to hug him for her* But he's still waiting for him to show. Perfect Gibbsian reaction.

Loved this whole conversation, both from Gibbs' POV and finally Tony's. I'm glad you got it out of your system, because you've helped me digest it too. Everybody was horrible to DiNozzo, and as Gibbs said: he had the biggest cojones of them all! Loved the things he let slip about his mother (I mean who doesn't?) and how calmly Gibbs reacted to it all.

I loved this episode and this tag was great!

/Belker