Reviews for Whiskey
5hehnaz chapter 5 . 6/12
your writing is fucking great! congrats on your mind :)
LN chapter 5 . 5/22
Oh...poor Sam! And Dean!
SisiDraig chapter 5 . 3/26
Poor Sam though, what an ordeal! I hope he and his hair recover sooner, rather than later!

If I'm brutally honest, I think I probably preferred "version 1", but "version 2" has something bittersweet and poignant about it too. I particularly liked the idea of Dean being forced to choose between his brother and his dad; I'm sure it's something he'd have fought endlessly against but I agree that, had the point ever been pushed, he'd have chosen Sam.

I'm sad for John that he wasn't more remorseful in the end. Do you think this version of Sam and John would have reconciled in the end? I'd have liked to have seen John grovelling, and maybe an argument with Bobby about how their just kids. But ultimately, I'd like to have seen Sam forgive John ... eventually. We've seen in the show that when it comes to family (Castiel, and everyone else included), the Winchesters can be very forgiving.

I particularly liked Bobby's appearance. From "Death's Door", we get the idea that Bobby didn't always agree with how John raised the boys, and I think him being their safe house or near-normality is lovely. You also nailed all of the "Bobbyisms"!
SisiDraig chapter 1 . 3/26
So this was a difficult fic for me. I don't believe that Sam and Dean were scared or frightened of John, I believe he was tough on them but I think (given that the brothers are so close) had John ever created an episode like this, the boys would have resented him more than they do.

HOWEVER, the setting, the upcoming anniversary, the whiskey, Sam being a brat; all of these things made this scenario very believable, and John's instant guilt meant we could empathise with his momentary insanity. In short, I enjoyed a story based around this subject a lot more than I thought I would - probably owing to your talent of keeping the Winchesters so perfectly in character.

Finally, the last little exchange between John and Dean ("watch out for Sammy"/ "I always do") was very telling of Dean's role in this family. I always enjoyed the scene when John is saying goodbye to Dean in the hospital and apologises for putting so much on his shoulders. I think the last part of this chapter speaks nicely to the idea that Dean was always there for Sam even when John wasn't.

I really enjoyed this and am intrigued to find out what you did with future chapters!
beccaspad chapter 2 . 2/24
AAAHHH EVERY TIME MAN I swear I don't know how you write like this, but it's great, so great
hermionegranger02699 chapter 5 . 12/28/2014
I just found this and it's amazing! Please write more!
Freya922 chapter 5 . 12/10/2014
I thoroughly enjoyed this heartfelt story; a wonderful dose of protective!Dean, a heartbreaking Sam, and awesome!Bobby.
Freya922 chapter 4 . 12/9/2014
Oh God, poor Dean, responsible and now without even the semblance of some kind of adult help. I'm feeling so ANGRY at John, but mostly just desperately sad for these boys.
Freya922 chapter 2 . 12/9/2014
You are killing me here- so awful! Abusive and cruel and Damn this version of John...! The vision you paint us of 14 year old shorn Sammy is devastating.
Freya922 chapter 1 . 12/9/2014
Wow, my heart about stopped when John went for Sam's hair, and then when he hit him...! Dean, poor Dean, still understanding his dad but also not about to leave Sam there.
RobotRollCall chapter 5 . 11/23/2014
Wow. This was really good. You have such a way of describing things-I could just see everything as it happened, and it broke my heart a little bit. This was sad, and very moving, and you did a great job. And you've got these characters down so well. You get the brotherly love just right without getting too sappy and out of character. Well done. Is there more? I know Sam's going to be okay, but I'd love to see it happen.
CLOWNFISH14 chapter 5 . 11/22/2014
Loved it!
DragonChild157 chapter 5 . 9/22/2014
This is seriously awesome! Just found & powered through this story (kudos on your baby by the way!) & I can't wait to see what other awesometastic rabbits you pull out of your hat! Maybe Sam has nightmares? Maybe Dean thinks a pet would be a good idea & gets Sam a pup (cause Sam likes dogs!)? Maybe John comes looking for his boys & Bobby wards him off in no uncertain terms ("Get your head out of yer as idiot!) Maybe without the boys even realizing that he's protecting them? Maybe the boys hunt on their own or with Bobby? I don't know, but Dean definitely needs to help build Sam's confidence back up!
yay chapter 5 . 9/14/2014
This was great! I would love to see a little side story with Bobby and the boys and their first lasagna together! That would be cuter!
ShadowWriter33 chapter 5 . 8/21/2014
Sad but good. And I'm glad you kept adding to it, as a matter of fact, you could keep adding to it, it's a good story.
God Bless,