Reviews for Whiskey
ccase1313 chapter 5 . 7/23
John really should have left them with Bobby Singer. Bobby was such a lore master he could have even helped with the yellow eyed demon.
Oh Bobby you friggin saint T-T
miss-olivia-winchester chapter 3 . 4/5
When Dean roared, "I have every right!"...damn. I could HEAR it...so, so clearly. Bravo, dear author. Bravo.
SakuHina-X3 chapter 5 . 3/8
Beautiful! And so sad! I felt really bad for Sammy:'(
Great story!:)
Guest chapter 5 . 10/23/2015
Great job. I am going to binge read all of your stories. So much for this weekend's plans
toboldlyfangirl chapter 1 . 9/30/2015
Such a gorgeous little piece. Had me tearing up. Great job.
sandycub chapter 5 . 9/11/2015
Loved this verse! Loved that Dean was so protective! My heart breaks for Sam! Loving Bobby expecting the boys, the lasagna was awesome!
only-some-loser chapter 5 . 9/5/2015
Oh my gosh this was really good
5hehnaz chapter 5 . 6/12/2015
your writing is fucking great! congrats on your mind :)
LN chapter 5 . 5/22/2015
Oh...poor Sam! And Dean!
SisiDraig chapter 5 . 3/26/2015
Poor Sam though, what an ordeal! I hope he and his hair recover sooner, rather than later!

If I'm brutally honest, I think I probably preferred "version 1", but "version 2" has something bittersweet and poignant about it too. I particularly liked the idea of Dean being forced to choose between his brother and his dad; I'm sure it's something he'd have fought endlessly against but I agree that, had the point ever been pushed, he'd have chosen Sam.

I'm sad for John that he wasn't more remorseful in the end. Do you think this version of Sam and John would have reconciled in the end? I'd have liked to have seen John grovelling, and maybe an argument with Bobby about how their just kids. But ultimately, I'd like to have seen Sam forgive John ... eventually. We've seen in the show that when it comes to family (Castiel, and everyone else included), the Winchesters can be very forgiving.

I particularly liked Bobby's appearance. From "Death's Door", we get the idea that Bobby didn't always agree with how John raised the boys, and I think him being their safe house or near-normality is lovely. You also nailed all of the "Bobbyisms"!
SisiDraig chapter 1 . 3/26/2015
So this was a difficult fic for me. I don't believe that Sam and Dean were scared or frightened of John, I believe he was tough on them but I think (given that the brothers are so close) had John ever created an episode like this, the boys would have resented him more than they do.

HOWEVER, the setting, the upcoming anniversary, the whiskey, Sam being a brat; all of these things made this scenario very believable, and John's instant guilt meant we could empathise with his momentary insanity. In short, I enjoyed a story based around this subject a lot more than I thought I would - probably owing to your talent of keeping the Winchesters so perfectly in character.

Finally, the last little exchange between John and Dean ("watch out for Sammy"/ "I always do") was very telling of Dean's role in this family. I always enjoyed the scene when John is saying goodbye to Dean in the hospital and apologises for putting so much on his shoulders. I think the last part of this chapter speaks nicely to the idea that Dean was always there for Sam even when John wasn't.

I really enjoyed this and am intrigued to find out what you did with future chapters!
beccaspad chapter 2 . 2/24/2015
AAAHHH EVERY TIME MAN I swear I don't know how you write like this, but it's great, so great
hermionegranger02699 chapter 5 . 12/28/2014
I just found this and it's amazing! Please write more!
Freya922 chapter 5 . 12/10/2014
I thoroughly enjoyed this heartfelt story; a wonderful dose of protective!Dean, a heartbreaking Sam, and awesome!Bobby.