Reviews for A Little Diversion
divvycrip chapter 3 . 3/17/2014
as have many readers, I am following all your little series here. but I particularly loved this bit where Maura fields Angela's questions wonderfully. something so rarely seen in real life. my mum could do it and all I could do was admire it - as I am here. thank you.
DarXe chapter 5 . 8/7/2012
There was so much excellence in here I'm just say this awesomely great and leave it at that.
FaBbEr0oZ chapter 5 . 4/24/2012
Dude. Maura is a badass!
icepikk chapter 2 . 11/26/2011
Just got to say, I'm glad you wrote this one before the show sent Frank off into the great unknown. There are far too few portrayals of strong, loving fathers in any medium today, and this Frank reminds me of my Dad at his best, and makes me grateful that he's still around and loves me that much, even if he isn't so articulate about it sometimes. Good writing can do that, can reflect back into the reader's life and help us see our own truths, and this conversation was a thing of beauty. We should all have parents with the capacity, at least occasionally, for such wisdom.
Cara4Ever chapter 4 . 11/22/2011
You make Maura's deflection awesome and honest.. And it really makes me laugh
dolfins35 chapter 4 . 5/29/2011
"Given the choice, I'd always rather be with you than without you."-beautiful, loved this. "I put your things in our bathroom"-awwww. "That was when you claimed it, in my mind. When you came here, to me, to feel safe."-heartmelt "You've always made me feel peaceful."- more heartmelt
dolfins35 chapter 3 . 5/29/2011
Maura's patience with Angela is saintly. I wouldn've flipped and completeyl raged at her well before now. Nebulously-undefined father thing..*snort*..my husband is good at finding those when we have family over.

'The relationship is quite new. I'm not comfortable discussing details about it yet. Certainly, our mutual families ought to be the first to know, before we bring anyone else into it." Angela would hear I'm not telling, while Frank would hear the truth: We'll tell you the moment Jane feels safe.'-you're both masterful at spinning these moments. Multiple meanings in a single sentence that fit so well with the personality/nature of the speaker and the context of the story.

"Are they good enough?" She sighed, looking over to the doctor. Maybe. Maybe not. I don't always feel like I am. "I don't know. I guess we'll find out."-awww Jane, not just good enough, but perfect for her.
dolfins35 chapter 2 . 5/29/2011
"I don't mind if Jane marks her territory. It's a demonstration of comfort and confidence, not just ownership."-and I believe Maura has the bite marks to prove it.

Jane sitting in the back yard doing a breathing exercise to calm herself down is beautiful moment. I would like to take the entire Frank/Jane conversation and paste it here to say wow, amazing, made me cry, wish we could see this, thank you. "You weren't made to be alone. You've got so much love inside you, Jane. You need to be able to give that to somebody."-this is my favorite line. 'Sometimes a fellow just needed to be a daddy.'-more tears. "Ready to get back in there and see how well Maura's doing, holding her off with that cock-and-bull she's been peddling like a professional grifter?"-I officially love Frank.
dolfins35 chapter 1 . 5/29/2011
First of all, the dinner sounds delicious...that was a nice family moment between Angela, Frank, and Frankie. I love how Frank defends Jane, daddy's girl.

I find it sad that they feel the need to wear masks: Jane her detective mask, Maura her professional mask to hide the real person inside. I know we all do it everyday, in all different situations but it's sad that we just can't be who we are all the time. "Let's go be family."- a short, sweet, deeply meaningful line.

Maura's ability to process and deflect without batting an eye is astounding. Frankie the detective, good for him. "I could explain, but I'd rather keep my family jewels intact"-smart boy. Maura's and Frankie's talk was very nicely done. I like when Frankie's potrayed as an understanding, supportive sibling instead of just a nuisance all the time. I love the whole conversation Jane and Frankie had with about 15 words...

When Frank told Angela to leave the girls alone, that they were safe, happy and home-that just made my heart go all gooey and melty, Frank already considers Maura one of his kids.
linelm chapter 4 . 5/21/2011
Maura and Angela, that was so fun! Another great story!
ShadowCub chapter 4 . 5/21/2011
Damn she is perfect!
Drumchik chapter 4 . 5/21/2011
"Given the choice, I'd always rather be with you than without you". Love that

I love that Maura calls it "our home" and "our bathroom"

And I like that you made a point of the fact that Jane went to Maura's to feel safe.

And "Claimed, but never invaded." Love it.

LOVE that Maura has drawers full of things for Jane. So gorgeous.
Drumchik chapter 3 . 5/21/2011
LOLOL. I love Maura having no idea what Angela is on about.

I love Maura's way of not telling Angela who's she's seeing.

I love Frank giving Maura a hug. 3
Drumchik chapter 2 . 5/21/2011
I love the description you have as Frank watches Jane outside. That was just so beautiful.

The thought of Frank going to tickle Jane and her getting him in the solar plexus is hilarious.

Loved the image of Frank taking Jane into his lap. Beautiful.

"Thank you, daddy". LOVED that.
Drumchik chapter 1 . 5/21/2011
"Four-pack-a-day smoker" LOLOLOLOL

And oh god, Angie Harmon singing the blues in a dress and yeah, kill me now.

I love Jane's mantra of not staring at Maura's cleavage. LOLOL

Loved Jane saying "She's mine"

A little coffee with your sugar. I like a little coffee with my milk. :)

Frank so knows. Just by the way he tries to shut Angela down. He SO knows.

Jane's internal words are hilarious, from the "don't make eye contact" to the "Nooooo!"

Nice diversion, Maura.