Reviews for Not in the Stars
Baby Huey chapter 1 . 1/21
"I thought that Loki was Norse, Not Swedish" The Swedes are the descendents of the Norse. Norsemen are the Scandinavian people before the Christianisation of Scandinavia. So, that means that the people of Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Iceland, and parts of Finland (Most of the Finns are ethnically are closer to Russians) are all the descendents of the Norse.
jinxed97 chapter 1 . 5/29/2011
Great story...love the Sarah POV.
NickyR chapter 1 . 5/22/2011
I like when you lose bets, we get some great writing! I loved your take on this part of the show, and I liked how sarah anticipated carina's double cross and planned in advance! I loved the one liners and chuck and sarah being very awkward around each other. my favorite lines were

1) "I requested Jakarta, actually,"

2) i will kick you ass if you blow my cover

this among others, thank you for posting something worthwhile to read :)
Verothium chapter 1 . 5/21/2011
I always adore the stories you do in Sarah's POV, and this one is no exception. It's great to get a peek into her mind.

I've always wanted to see Chapter 23 of Fates from Sarah's POV though. I was re-reading it just now, and I'd love to know exactly what Sarah was thinking as she was telling Chuck about bringing Ellie into Prometheus. It's such an emotionally charged scene. And that scene toward the end where Sarah sees Chuck with his shirt off? LOVE.

But anyways, I loved this story, and I look forward to basically EVERYTHING YOU WILL EVER WRITE. EVER.
Crumby chapter 1 . 5/21/2011
I think I already told you that on Twitter but I’m very happy with the choice of scenes you made. Not that it really matters, since anything from Sarah’s POV, or Fates, or you in general, would have been great, but still. I’ve read that scene between Chuck and Sarah from Chapter 8 so many times. Trying to read between the lines, re-reading it every time new information came to light, especially after FFF, and more recently after Chapter 48 (and that evil cliffhanger that may have nothing to do with it anyway :P), torturing myself trying to imagine what she was thinking in that scene... Well, now I know. :)

The first scene with Carina was great. The dynamic between those two is so much fun and… weird. ;-) I was wondering how Sarah got out of that situation and got the diamond back, but… She’s Sarah Walker. She had planned for it. Well played.

Her eagerness to see Chuck was great to read, although poor Sarah, she’s really been on the edge for a long time!

The Ellie phone call was also very interesting. The Bacta tank? LOL. That was fun. Ellie asking Morgan about it… :) Kind of made me sigh at memories of Last Details… But that’s a good thing! Fates is just so good, it gives me so much of what I miss in the canon characters now. I also really liked that Sarah figured out that Chuck would go to Ellie right away, and I had always wondered why she had met Chuck at the hospital. That explains it.

It’s funny because she knows him well for someone she’s seen what? 15 days tops, so far, if we count the first meet and their time in Europe and at Langley? Something like that. And at the same time, she seems often surprised by him or - I don’t know what’s the right word - baffled, I guess.

Sarah “worried” over her appearance is also funny, considering Chuck apparently looked like crap. LOL. And she’s Sarah Walker. :)

I’ve always wondered how much Sarah knew about Chuck’s panic attacks, how much of what she was telling were lies, how she felt about lying, etc. Of course FFF, already answered a little of those, but this is really interesting. Especially reading both POV at the same time. I love it.

“What the hell was he talking about? What she wanted to do? She was in Burbank, with Chuck. Legally. They could see each other every day and it wasn't an ordeal of crossing continents and jumping out of planes to do so. Again, why wasn't he happier about this?”

This is also very interesting because I’ve always wondered what Sarah thought Chuck felt about her. He’s never been really clear about it. I think there are things I’ve missed (sometimes re-reading it I realize that) but, Chuck never really allowed himself to think of Sarah in a romantic way, not until “just say the word, Chuck.” At least that’s how I read it. And considering Chuck’s condition, I’ve always wondered if Sarah thought her feelings weren’t reciprocated. If his “dependence” to her was just the result of his time in the bunker and the fact that she got him out. If she’d be just a friend, albeit a good one, in different circumstances. That kind of things.

A lot of Sarah’s behavior is in this story. How she’s always bringing him food (the pizza, that was funny), how she’s always reaching out for him, how she wants him to get better, how she wants to keep him safe, how she’s conflicted about “her duties” although conflicted isn’t the right word since her loyalty to Chuck was never in question, but she’s still lying to lie to him, etc.

Casey is “her least favorite person on the planet.” LOL. They really hate each other, don’t they? It’s kind of weird since it never looked like she didn’t trust Casey to protect Chuck. I mean, once they got in Burbank.

Anyway, I think “very interesting” probably sums it up, ;-) since I’ve said it too many times already about pretty much everything in "Not in the Stars". (Interesting title and quote as well!) I should add completely fun and great and awesome. I'm not sure everything I've just said will make any sense to you, but at least you know that I've certainly given some thoughts to that incredible story that is Fates. :-)

Thank you very much for that new piece. I hope your finals went well, at that you'll enjoy having some time to yourself again!

“Chuck was in L.A., […] and she was happy.” :-)
spcr71 chapter 1 . 5/20/2011
Well it was nice to see a little story from Sarah's POV. Sure would be nice if your real life gave you more time to write. I really do miss your other stories. Thanks none the less.
zp3of7 chapter 1 . 5/18/2011
This was great. Sarah with a school-girl crush, Chuck's in L.A.!
Hypnotoad chapter 1 . 5/18/2011
Loved it! Was excited to see that you had written and posted more fic! Is it bad of me that I'm kind of glad you lost that bet? Otherwise we wouldn't have had this!
Grey Alchemist chapter 1 . 5/18/2011
Great Sarah P.O.V., just like the others. I thought it was funny that one of the things Sarah's mind drifted to was that her toenails looked cute. One thing that took me out of the story for a second was the use of the term "meet cute." I didn't exactly know what it meant but thought it looked out of place. After looking it up, I see I was wrong and it didn't come from anime like I thought, but still... don't like it. I was enjoying reading the snippets of Romeo and Juliet, so I was a little bummed it didn't win, but this was just as good to read.
Fire From Above chapter 1 . 5/18/2011
I don't really remember all of the preliminary meetings when I read the story. Maybe I'll have to reread that. But yay again for getting into Sarah's head.
daywalkr82 chapter 1 . 5/17/2011
Always refreshing to see a chapter where Sarah and Chuck aren't together. Season 4 totally spoiled me for fanfiction.
uplink2 chapter 1 . 5/17/2011
Another great story Frea. You know I started reading Fates from the Sarah POV pieces before I read Fates, so I always have a special affection for the Sarah POV. I love Fates Sarah and her awareness of how she feels for Chuck even if she fights it sometimes.

Here's hoping you lose another bet!
crystal.elements chapter 1 . 5/17/2011
I HAVE RISEN FROM THE DEAD.

Of FFNetdom, that is. Cause I can't even remember the last time I left a review or posted in the forums. (I did vote in the Awesome Awards, though!) But yeah, I talk to you outside of FFNet anyhow, so I guess it doesn't matter too much. :) Still, I thought I'd come by and leave you a review, because I feel like I've been lacking in the fanfic department (both contributing and reading/reviewing).

So! Sarina love. Always a plus in my book. I'm sure mx would heartily give his stamp of approval on my forehead. Seriously, I've always loved the way you write their dynamic. The fact that they double-cross each other, that Sarah feels almost jaded about it, then ends up making a game out of it actually made me laugh. And omg, it is absolutely amazing that Sarah lasted as long as she did with hiding her feelings for Chuck, because daamn, girl lived and breathed the guy for at least two years, 98% of which she didn't even SEE him. Gotta admire her self control. :D You must've had a blast writing her perspective. Unless you didn't. In which case...I'm still glad I get Sarah's PoV. :)

Yee, you've pulled me back into the Fatesverse, Frea! I've been so caught up in school and real life and everything NOT Chuck, but now I'm so excited for these next few chapters you've got coming up. - dances -
Wepdiggy chapter 1 . 5/17/2011
So of course it was awesome. It's you. But this story made me think, and I'm sure I speak for us all when I ask this: At what point will Sarah master the art of manipulating objects with her mind? Huh? Huh? I know it's coming. :P
quistie64 chapter 1 . 5/17/2011
Wonderful story as always. I love your Sarah POV stories!

Sigh. I miss that wonderful post beach layer of sunblock, saltwater and sand. Good times.