Reviews for Broken Bells
Bookish0278 chapter 1 . 3/12/2013
I liked this POV, since Castle and Kate's perspective have been done over and over again.
Lattelady chapter 1 . 11/27/2011
Wow, amazing. You really dug deep into the emotions of these four people, Laine, especially and took us for an amazing ride.
Separate Entity chapter 1 . 10/8/2011
Whoo, that was intense!

Very well written, loved the detail!
Xleste chapter 1 . 6/2/2011
I really enjoyed this! I enjoyed the way you carried the different voices, even a slightly different style between Lanie and Javier. I love that you took a risk and did something new, and did it WELL. Thank you for writing this!
Taly-chan chapter 1 . 5/24/2011
I loved it. Probably the best post finale fic I've read so far, and there have been LOTS of those.

You hit the exact note, the perfect pitch of sadness, internal musing, desperation, frenzy and decision. Doing it two POVs from Lanie and Esposito was not only new, but what I think made this such a great piece. You are right, the separated aspects of the scene really worked put like this. And as much as I'm a Caskett fan above the beta couples, no Becektt or Castle POV story based on this scene has seem this good.

I'm pleased to have read this, and thankful to you for posting it.
Koolaidaholic chapter 1 . 5/23/2011
THIS. This was exceptionally well written! For one thing, I definitely loved the different premise. I was wondering if someone would write a fic of "Knockout" with someone else's perspective. Occasionally it did get a bit wordy, but I see what you were aiming for in those parts. You did a great job conveying the emotion of the two, and I could see this playing out in the show itself! And they cut Esplanie dialouge? D: *sadface* I hope to read something else of yours, so keep up the good work!
Beckett NYPD chapter 1 . 5/19/2011
Loved the emotions and actions of Esposito and Lanie in this story. Nice take on the endings. I know season 4 starts right at the end of this per AM. It will be a long summer.
BerLina chapter 1 . 5/18/2011
Wonderful job! Such a tragic, somber story, so much emotion (and Wow, what a crazy time to deal with all of this...I still can't breathe from the repercussions from the finale and it has been 48 hours since...)

You did really great things with this story. I liked Lanie's part better than Javi's, but that's just because her's is more internal and thoughtful and his is all actiony. XD

I heard about the Esplanie scene, too. Didn't realize that it wasn't in the episode until you brought it up. Damn, I hope it's on the DVD or something...

Really cool new take on a story that has been done so many times already. Up until this I hadn't read anything about Esplanie yet!

Kudos!
Duck Life chapter 1 . 5/18/2011
As always, love your work. I wish there had been an Esplanie scene, we never get enough of them! The differing POVs were good, it was interesting to see how the two of them assess the situation differently. Keep writing!
b-mystique chapter 1 . 5/18/2011
Insanely intense,like the episode that inspired it. Your writing style is one to job.:-)
DetectiveBen chapter 1 . 5/18/2011
An enjoyable story keep up thee good work
Nathan fan chapter 1 . 5/18/2011
As always, you're writing is incredible. This whole premise is so totally believable - that Lanie would see herself as the widow down the road if she stuck with Esposito. You totally nailed that POV. I also liked the second part but, for me, Lanie's position was more powerful. One of the most powerful images from the finale for me was when Mrs Montgomery accepted the folded flag. Gut wrenching. Kudos to you for going with an original idea!
booface16 chapter 1 . 5/18/2011
I loved the Esplaine moment at the very end where Esposito said: "Lanie get down!" but I could've never wrote such a wonderful fic about it. Hope you write more, can't wait! :)
MinxySix chapter 1 . 5/18/2011
Beautiful take on the final events of Knockout; I loved Lanie's musings on how serious she is about Espositio- how she would be distraught if her ever put her in Evelyn's position because of his "pride". Really heart-rendering.
LouphiaTheHobbit chapter 1 . 5/17/2011
just what i needed! fantastic writing, good story line and i loved the perspective! )