Reviews for The Andorian Incident
RAGAnne chapter 15 . 4/27/2016
As to the end, really Deanna has no one to blame but herself. :)
This was another excellent story but I'm beginning to realize that it's probably for the best that Riker and Paris only served together for a year. With their penchants for finding trouble one or the other is always going to be dragged into something. I really enjoyed the further exploration of Tom's psyche and the whole Andorian mess was a great read. Onward to the next!
RavenWolf2089 chapter 15 . 4/30/2014
I do like your post series canon. I like to think of it as my own personal head canon :) Well done on this story, the attention to detail is great in regards to the science or rather the science fiction science! And I too like to see Tom Paris as more as the screw up of Star Fleet :) He would make a good XO in my opinion. If he was real of course :P
son-of-heaven176 chapter 15 . 11/11/2013
This is a very well-written story. You had me hooked from beginning to end. I could easily follow the politics, and the quotes at the beginning of each chapter were a good touch. I'd highly recommend this fic to any Voyager fan.
jamelia116 chapter 15 . 9/2/2013
oh, wow, wow. Great story. I fully expected Remara's fate.

I didn't expect Necheyev's view of diplomacy, however, but I must say, it's the perfect definition. Thanks for a wonderful tale.
jamelia116 chapter 8 . 9/2/2013
Have to comment on the prison number thing. Brilliant writing, especially when you linked Tom having to uncover his tattoo with his sadness at removing his wedding ring. Oh, and I just love your chapter titles, too. Fun, but deadly accurate. You're very good at political writing, mate ;-)
jamelia116 chapter 3 . 9/2/2013
Great chapter. Loved the Andorian Nicole and Tom's understanding how important a source of intel she could be.
Delwin chapter 15 . 9/1/2013
Re-reading has confirmed what I remembered to be my initial impression of this story: I really just adore this piece. In a non-reflective, you had me at "Oh, hell. B'Elanna's gonna kill me" sort of way. The dog fights, the leather jacket, the princess in need of rescue, Tom Paris given carte blanche - really, who could ask for anything more?
And yet there are also all of those unresolved issues simmering just below/at the surface, the constant reminders of both where Tom has come from and how far he has come - so much more for anyone looking for it...
The diplomatic nuances, details and just plain grit is fascinating as always. Andoria and the Andorians are wonderfully drawn. And, for a fan of both Voyager and TNG, it is great fun to watch the developing working relationship and friendship between Tom and Will.
Then, of course, there is that last scene which is an absolute gift to P/T readers. (so thank you!)
Really wonderful story telling all around!
screaming-madman chapter 15 . 7/24/2013
Another excellent story. You have a real flair for this stuff, I intend to read them all.
Photogirl1890 chapter 15 . 7/22/2013
Can TP play the game of diplomacy? Yes, I think you've established that he can! Very Well.
I like how you have alluded to "Choices". That gives this extra depth.
Assassination by site-to-site transporter - nice one. Everything neatly tied up at the end. Well drawn original characters. This is another one I'm going to have to read again, sometime in the future.
Photogirl1890 chapter 7 . 7/17/2013
4-7: I'm really enjoying reading this. Very entertaining.
"Luncheon at Tiffany's. Fate worse than a thousand bowls of Neelix's quasi-kinetic gagh with leola root topping, as far as Tom Paris was concerned. " and "he considered taking his alert status from 'run' to 'hide'." Just so funny without ever becoming silly, and I like how the plot is unfolding. Some wise words to start chapter 5 and like the nods to "Choices" with Proton & Delaney. Good original characters, "Rahm Theraan" sounds like a name Asimov would've come up with and that is one of Janeway's better remarks to start ch. 7.
Photogirl1890 chapter 3 . 7/16/2013
Chapters 1 -3:
Love the opening chapter, the way TP isn't mentioned by name until the end, even though who else could it be?! You paint a really vivid picure of the space station.
Nice bit of 1st person POV to mix it up a bit in ch. 2.
"it's not a wedding, which is what you normally get when royals feel the need to assert their ongoing relevance." and "token security dudes" - very funny!
I've had to refer to the dictionary several times, so I'm classing reading this as educational.
I like how you write Riker. I'm no TNG expert, but everything I'm reading here regarding Riker sounds plausible.
And the last line of ch 3 is a great hook, so now I have to get back to reading.
point-blank47 chapter 15 . 6/3/2013
Wow, is it me, or is it hot in here? :D

Great story, and RunawayMetaphor says it better than I ever could, as usual, but before I forget again, I must scoot back to the first chapter and tell you how much I *lurve* "in medias res" - they used to do it all the time in "Alias", and it works here just as well.
point-blank47 chapter 12 . 5/30/2013
"Tervellyan gave Tom a long, meaningful look. "Receiving a briefing from you at this point might be prejudicial to the interests of Starfleet." He paused for effect. "As for your own next steps, I have no instructions concerning the Flyer," he said, enunciating each syllable very clearly. "In fact, the Flyer did not feature in the discussions between Admiral Nacheyev and the Federation Council. I repeat, we have no instructions for you."

...

A slow smile stole across his face, and he shook his head in stunned wonderment at the extent of what had to be Fleet Admiral Alynna Nacheyev's very own, very personal brand of duplicity in her relationship with the Federation Council."

:snortle: (so what if I've invented a new word? This merited it :-) )

Loved this chapter, even the cliffhanger ending!
point-blank47 chapter 11 . 5/20/2013
"Inside the station, a number of patrons stared into their glasses in momentary wonder, as whatever beverage they were about to ingest suddenly seemed to move on its own volition. Most simply shrugged and went about their business, although two of the whores at Finnegan's successfully claimed an extra good tip that night, and one Alberto Ciccone swore to lay off the Romulan ale for at least a week."

And all of a sudden it seems we've strayed into Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy :-)

"Based on the experience of the last few days, the chance that he would have the opportunity for a one-on-one with his Imperial Majesty was right up there with Kathryn Janeway switching to decaf." Loved the Janeway coffee reference.
point-blank47 chapter 8 . 5/19/2013
Really like how clear you've made it just what it's costing Tom to revert to (non-)type here. And to damage the poor Flyer, too. Owwwww.
108 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »