Reviews for The Spelling Contest: A Cluefinders Story
Anise Nalci chapter 1 . 11/14/2012
I really enjoyed this! Leslie and Owen are so much in character, it's awesome! :)
waterfall13 chapter 1 . 1/25/2012
Hi! im kind of new to this archive, and i just want to say that i really liked your short story!;)

it was short and sweet! i loved this! hope that u write some more cluefinders stories!
StoryMaker the Echidna chapter 1 . 12/6/2011
Wow! This story was so good! You seemed to represent the characters' personalities really well. I always sort of thought of Owen as a "dumb dude", but this story brought out his personality so much! I thoroughly enjoyed this story - it's just a simple, yet brilliant, look at two characters. Great job!

A few points:

- "The sun baked down on the pages..." It should be "basked" down, not "baked" down. XD

- Near the start of the story, you seem to write a little like Leslie might:

"She sat at the picnic tables at her local park perusing a recently acquired edition of Homer's The Illiad, which she had been interested in examining for its correlation to recorded events of the Trojan War."

Sentences like these are totally Leslie-like - and they aren't in her dialogue. XD

It's not necessarily a bad thing, though...it's just kind of funny. ;)

- You know what's really, really weird? You misspell "Mississippi" everywhere except where Leslie is spelling it out. XD

Anyway, like I said, it's a very enjoyable look at the two characters' personalities. I hope you write more ClueFinders stories!
Fatal Mars chapter 1 . 8/16/2011
The clue finders bring back pleasent childhood memories. I was excited just to find this genre here. It was a cute story that captured Leslie's haugtiness and Owen's aloofness. I LOVE how Leslie is so super smart, but her emotions are so childlike. Great job!
PapettomasutaDartz chapter 1 . 6/5/2011
L-O-V-, love it. I love cluefinders, I just wish there were more stories to read. But your's was great. Hope you write a couple more real soon :D