Reviews for The NonProm
noah'sbabygirl17 chapter 1 . 8/6/2013
Love this alternative of Prom!
intensewhatever chapter 1 . 12/19/2011
That was so good! Absolutely heartbreaking towards the end but so sweet and buttery throughout the rest. :)
perchance to wake chapter 1 . 9/28/2011
That was great! Sad, but very sweet, and I like how real it felt. Good fic. I love Blaine.

K
TexasTurtleFan chapter 1 . 6/19/2011
I actually read this about a day or two before i found out you were my twin. ;) Life's funny like that.

Dear sweet Gaga I love your little twists. When I watched this episode, part of me couldn't help think that they could have been at the movies and avoided this whole thing. It was kind of insane for Kurt to think that anything had changed. I was literally cringing every time he got his hopes up, thinking that everyone had gotten over him being gay. Like Burt said, he's young and still looks for the best in people, even when they don't deserve it. It saddens me to think that now Kurt is old enough to see the hate in people's hearts.

And this date was so sweet and loving and perfect. It's heartbreaking that Kurt and Blaine can only have moments like this when they're alone, away from judging eyes. And Blaine's assessment of Kurt's character? Genius! Why don't more people understand how amazing Kurt is?

You vent the anger and frustration out on New Directions in a very cool, original way and I thank you because I was a little miffed during this episode. After Kurt got named prom queen, WHERE THE HELL WERE HIS FRIENDS? Seriously! Out of everyone who was supposed to be there for Kurt, only Blaine went after him? Where was Mercedes or Tina or Sam? And I was so FURIOUS with the other prom queen nominees. How could they possibly think it was about them? If only I'd done this or said that, I would have won. It doesn't matter! The school picked Kurt because they couldn't show how much they hated him the old ways. They didn't nominate him because there weren't any other good candidates. It was never about the girls. It was about hurting Kurt in the worst possible way. I just couldn't believe how selfish they all were. I'm glad Blaine stuck by him (not like I expected any less from Boyfriend!Blaine) but his friends should have been there.

And I agree with Kurt in your story. They could have spared him a lot of pain. He would have to find out eventually (I doubt the kids at school would let the joke slide just because he wasn't there for the incident) but did they have to tell him right then. He was happy. For one night, he was free from all that hate and they stole that from him.

Your ending was just as brilliant as the rest of the story. You were right. Maybe it would have spared Kurt the humiliation of the coronation, but it was better that he be there to defend himself. To tell them all that there was nothing they could do to stop him.

Yet another piece of Klaine-y brilliance from my talented twin. Thank you!
Flabagash chapter 1 . 5/18/2011
Wow, this was amazing!

When Blaine said 'I love you' I felt butterflies! And again when Kurt said it back 3

I love how Kurt was willing to give up prom to be with Blaine!

I can't believe the girls told him either! But I guess it would have been worse at school on monday, if someone made a rude joke and he didn't know!

You should continue, I want to know what Kurt and Blaine get up to with Finn at the Hudmels!
TonyJ chapter 1 . 5/18/2011
I like that they went to a movie instead of to prom. I think this should have happened in the actual episode:)