Reviews for Speak Up
Redery chapter 17 . 5/30
This captures the games so perfectly
Redery chapter 4 . 5/29
Wait hoq old are thwy atm i think i missed it if it was mentioned just assumed 10 but he mentiona being 10 in the past.
Redery chapter 3 . 5/29
This is too good
Gold story or no?
Great story. You’ve got the character’s personalities right, and have reasonable answers to problems, but wouldn’t Red’s Pokémon continually have to look back at him for instructions? That could get difficult. Apart from that, great!
The Creador chapter 56 . 4/19
I hope you're doing fine B- - you had, nay, have great potential.

10/10
The Creador chapter 56 . 4/19
It has been many years but it still holds up. Reading tjis was my pleasure then and it still is. I may now rest in peace
FyreDrakon chapter 1 . 4/15
this is my fourth or fifth time reading this and it's still a good read.
TetrisEffect chapter 13 . 12/22/2017
Hiker challenges Red to a battle! Geodude used self-destruct! A critical hit! Red is unable to battle! Red blacked out!

Seriously though, what was that hiker even thinking? I mean he totally overlooked the "when trainers lock eyes they must battle" rule (and these games did that.) Red didn't need to battle if he didn't meet the other's eyes, and sadly he couldn't protest. But how nonsensical was that hiker to attack Red when the hiker didn't hear Red say thing in return? Oh, I can't see a thing in this cave, but I'll see if I can win?
Poor Red, I felt bad for him and Pikachu. At least they escaped the cave.
TetrisEffect chapter 8 . 12/21/2017
Gold already? That was someone I didn't expect.
I hope there's a good reason for increasing Red's age from eleven to fourteen. When Red was fourteen in the games he was atop Mt. Sliver. That "lost time" feels odd to some future shipping is coming?

On an unrelated note, I found this line ironic:
[...if he achieved that, he'd be happy for the rest of his life.]
I know this fic was written 2011-2012. However, Red will go to Mt. Silver, Unova, and as an adult Alola and look unhappy everywhere. I don't think becoming the Kanto champion did much for him.
TetrisEffect chapter 4 . 12/21/2017
Okay, I'm starting to notice an issue here. If Red is using sign language to communicate with his pokemon, where is he standing? Or how are his pokemon facing? Every pokemon battle from the games, anime, and manga depict the trainer behind his pokemon almost every instance. Are his pokemon partially facing him then? Signing takes some time, and talk is much faster. It's very strange that Red beat Brock unless the gym leader went easy on him.
There's two typos in this chapter:
[...Red still wasn't tired of this reacting from people.]
[Red pulled out his badge and shower her.]
TetrisEffect chapter 3 . 12/21/2017
I see Viridian City was completely skipped and nothing was said about the locked, unoccupied gym.
Green's still being decent to Red. How long will that last?
Now here we have begun to witness the lack of understanding. It must be incredibly frustrating for Red to be unable to perform the necessary task of healing his Pokemon without any confusion.
TetrisEffect chapter 2 . 12/21/2017
Seeing the beginnings of a bond between Pikachu and Red was pretty adorable.
I won't explain again, but please use correct punctuation with dialogue.
TetrisEffect chapter 1 . 12/21/2017
This premise is interesting. I've passed this story countless times and never knew why I didn't bother to read it sooner.

There are a few mistakes regarding dialogue.
["You'll be able to talk to Red using it,"] This is a complete sentence and it should end with a period. Ditto for the last sentence:
["Which he isn't,"] This should be a period too, not a comma.

In first sentence of the last paragraph, there is a punctuation error:
[...he'd probably respond with something like this.]
That should end with a colon, I reckon.
Abdullahsaurus chapter 11 . 11/8/2017