Reviews for Come What May
Cerulean.Phoenix7 chapter 9 . 3/17/2012
So after re-watching "Course; Oblivion" (and nearly choking up three times) I knew I had to read this fic.

All the characters are done perfectly. Seven's analytic mind set, Janeway's mother-like attitude towards the crew, Harry's cheerful demeanor, Tom's chipper yet humble personality and of course B'Elanna, who you capture perfectly in this.

I found it to be an interesting coincidence that her logs were the only ones that survived (I honestly would have loved to have seen Janeway,Harry or Tom reading the logs of their duplicates) but I was willing to set that aside. B'Elanna's reactions to the logs are perfectly understandable (Her reaction to Seven reading them was priceless!) and I love that you tied that into so many of her personal demons from her childhood and Academy days; it really speaks about the many different faces of her personality.

Also, I loved your use of imagery in this; it was really beautiful. And the scene in the holodeck where a beam of light falls across B'Elanna's left hand like a wedding ring was particularly striking; I liked that a lot.

Her realization says a lot about the progress that she made over those five years, and I'm glad to see that she was willing to leave some of it behind in order to forge some kind of future with Tom.

Lovely work :)

CP7
Fee chapter 10 . 6/22/2011
I thought your alternative ending was exempliarary (sorry I cant spell.) I praise you for your descriptions of the characters and I wish you well for all of your stories in the future!
StoryWeaver56 chapter 10 . 6/16/2011
I LOVE IT! Dax, this is great! I love how you started the story with a good old very Star Trek-sounding issue for the crew to decipher. It sounded just like something you'd find on an episode. You say you're building your "jargon vocabulary" and I found nothing wrong with it. It was perfect.

All the characters are in character, which I love. Yes, even Janeway. I don’t know why you say you have a hard time with her—you do a great job. And you said Tom wasn’t cooperating very well when you wrote the story—he sounded like the Tom Paris I know and love, to me!

The chapter with Harry and B’Elanna talking in the Mess Hall was great. I laughed out loud many times in that chapter. Again, they both sound completely in-character, which I admire.

Tom was so sweet in this story. He was so concerned for B’Elanna, and it was just heart-meltingly sweet. Great!

Of course, you KNOW B’Elanna like I feel I know Odo. At least, I hope I can write Odo as well as you write B’Elanna. You can get into her deepest concerns and emotions while keeping her personality spot-on. You can chisel away at her hard outer-shell without making her sound out of character. Wonderful.

I loved the idea with the band of light crossing her finger in the holodeck and looking like a wedding band. Very clever—I could totally see it.

And, like usual—on a more mechanical level—your spelling is flawless, you have no grammatical errors that I could find, and your writing is fluid. I loved how you paced the story well and had a good balance of technical-talk and emotions.

Great job, Dax! I can’t wait to read more stories from you! :)
Juddysbuddy chapter 10 . 6/9/2011
Course: Oblivion was such a depressing show for me (after the wedding anyway). I'm glad that in your story some good comes from it for Tom and B'Elanna. I really liked that way you showed B'Elanna's reactions and thought processes about the marriage. Great job! Thanks for writing.
makeup addict004 chapter 10 . 6/5/2011
Great story! I'm a huge PT fan. This story was perfect down to her being barefoot and Tom wearing socks. :)

Hope you post more PT soon (hint, hint) :D
ears chapter 9 . 5/30/2011
Aww, so sweet, her realization over a nickname. Nice job!
Alpha Flyer chapter 9 . 5/30/2011
There's something to be said for the "mushy stuff"! Great chapter. Excellent action/fight scene, really fast-paced and breathless, and lovely moments of B'Elanna fretting over what is sooo obvious to everyone else. Dare we hope she actually gets up the nerve to tell Tom in the next chapter?
Alpha Flyer chapter 8 . 5/27/2011
Finally, the Chapter we (well, all of us P/Ters anyway) have all been waiting for...

"B'Elanna's primary target was herself." How true - it up her character beautifully. The struggle, the reluctance to concede, it's all there. Loved your dialogue. Beautifully done, raw and true.
Nana Evans chapter 6 . 5/23/2011
that's a trick question... how to tell your boyfriend that under some diferent circustances, the two of you would be married by now? if that doesn't scare a guy, I don't know what will... well, besides a in-law with a phaser of curse.
BuffyTheSlayr chapter 1 . 5/22/2011
Great! I like to write stories about "what if" for Star Trek Voyager too. Great way to start a good fan fix. Nice job and I'll subcribe!
Alpha Flyer chapter 4 . 5/20/2011
You can feel the warmth and the friendship between Harry and B'Elanna in the dialogue. Lovely. And I'm so glad to hear there will be many more chapters! :-)
Runawaymetaphor chapter 3 . 5/20/2011
I can only imagine that being alone with her doubts will prove almost as bad as public scrutiny. But I can't wait to find out. Thanks for writing.
Nana Evans chapter 2 . 5/19/2011
Poor B'Elanna... I wonder how she will react to the fact that she, well her clone, is dead. At least the Day of Honur won't look so bad after that.

see you in the next chapter!
QuasiOuster chapter 3 . 5/19/2011
I like your set up in this and I think that you've got a good voice for both B'Elanna and Seven. From this premise, I'm going to enjoy how you develop things going forward and I'm really interested in seeing what B'Elanna's reaction will be to the information. I'm not a stickler for jargon but I thought you did fine with that aspect. I do think that this could have been combined with the last chapter for continuity-I think it would have balanced out well. But I understand why you split them up to.
QuasiOuster chapter 2 . 5/19/2011
I'm always ok with defaulting to B'Elanna but I'm glad that you'll have opportunities to stretch your skills. Your B'Elanna POV is looks pretty good.