Reviews for As the Sun
the first DragonQueen chapter 3 . 8/1
it is normal i can't read the chapter spirits ?
Ilireanwri chapter 1 . 7/21
Interesting... I like how Azula is snapping back and forth between her known insane self, and a more gentle person (influenced by the past avatars)

I take Aang and Toph are both dead... That's sad, because Topf is my most favorite character in Avatar.
Evani chapter 23 . 7/18
This is absolutely astoundingly brilliant and I thank you profusely for writing it. I adored reading it, though I need to stop stating up till five am just cause a beautiful story tempts me to xD
holmesfreak1412 chapter 22 . 7/8
Very well done. I love the twists and the ending.
Souseiki chapter 22 . 6/19
Once again, Mai is such a badass. From the hollow needles to her concern of Zuko being in Azula's debt, she covered her bases really well. I appreciated the reconciliation and thanks between the Fire Nation solider and the Air Nomad. This is a good way to wrap up all of this fic. Overall, this was such a well thought out story. I loved it!
Souseiki chapter 21 . 6/19
DAYUM I did not expect Mai to go after the Fire Lord by herself at all. Switching her and Zuko's lines from the Boiling Rock was hilarious. I love the jumbled mess that they all have towards Destiny. Ozai's destiny to rule, Zuko's to bring honor, Azula to restore balance. And then Mai comes over and laughs in their faces with knives ablazing. This chapter was wonderful!
Souseiki chapter 20 . 6/19
Ahhh Sozin's Comet! It's interesting to see Sokka's and Lin's dynamic. As for saving the Fire Nation army, that was good to consider. The original series only addressed saving the people on the first ship. And yes to Iroh and the other White Lotus getting bored.
Souseiki chapter 19 . 6/19
The thing I really love about this AU is seeing how well Azula and Ty Lee mesh with Sokka and Katara. Sure, there are moral disagreements, but they work through them. Azula, as usual, breaks my heart especially when she was trying to push Ty Lee away. Are you planning to put Tyzula in, or it's platonic for now?
Souseiki chapter 18 . 6/19
Man this chapter is jam packed. Between Toza and Long Feng, I can't decide which one had me more on edge. I love the parallel and reversal of Zukp and Azula in this. Azula caring for safety and bluffing. Zuko getting more of an edge and poisoning for the greater good. This is amazing!
Souseiki chapter 15 . 6/18
The flashbacks between explaining Lin's experience at Lake Laogai were great. And wow I can't believe this is all an ongoing double cross.
Souseiki chapter 14 . 6/18
HO SHIT SHIT SHIT LIN BABY NOOOOO While it was good to see war plans coming into shape, hearing that last sentence sucked.
Souseiki chapter 13 . 6/18
Toph's words through Azula are so sad. I wished that you included Azula fighting the drill, but it was a neat wrap up of Ba Sing Se. I'm pumped to see the consequences of all of this.
Souseiki chapter 12 . 6/18
I had to pause from reading this to scream when Lin introduced herself. Ho shit, wait I thought Toph died when she was young? Azula's reaction to Toph's choice pulled at my heart. The names of the people in the Fire Nation are blending a bit, but I like that it keeps me on my toes while reading. But man, the emphasis on calling Zuko a prince was sly and solid.
Souseiki chapter 11 . 6/18
Ho shit the bloodbending i dark in this one. The way that Hama calls it play time is so off putting. It's good that Azula had faith in Sokka (in a roundabout way) but still went to rescue him when the others prompted.
mak0-ch1 chapter 22 . 6/15
And of course, i appreciate azula and ty lee's relationship. Coz you showed how their friendship works and ty lee is stronger than anyone gives her credit for, and in the way that it matters.

Overall, an awesome read. I plan to read it again, and at a more leisurely pace in the future