Reviews for As the Sun
AzurCeleste chapter 1 . 9/22/2016
This particular fanfiction is everything. The narration is just the right amount, and you manage to convey the COMPLETE story of the show in a very compressed format—however, nothing feels as if it was left out. I love how IC Azula is, she's a tricky one. Or at least I surmise so, since so many authors turn her into a pop-cultural psycho. And can I say it's kind of funny how Azula does the greater good while being her usual malicious self? (I cannot say evil this time around thanks to your mastery of her character).
stuckunderwater chapter 23 . 9/20/2016
Wow. Just...wow. This was wonderful and dark and thoughtful and so so well written. One of the best fics I've ever read.
the first DragonQueen chapter 3 . 8/1/2016
it is normal i can't read the chapter spirits ?
Ilireanwri chapter 1 . 7/21/2016
Interesting... I like how Azula is snapping back and forth between her known insane self, and a more gentle person (influenced by the past avatars)

I take Aang and Toph are both dead... That's sad, because Topf is my most favorite character in Avatar.
Evani chapter 23 . 7/18/2016
This is absolutely astoundingly brilliant and I thank you profusely for writing it. I adored reading it, though I need to stop stating up till five am just cause a beautiful story tempts me to xD
holmesfreak1412 chapter 22 . 7/8/2016
Very well done. I love the twists and the ending.
Souseiki chapter 22 . 6/19/2016
Once again, Mai is such a badass. From the hollow needles to her concern of Zuko being in Azula's debt, she covered her bases really well. I appreciated the reconciliation and thanks between the Fire Nation solider and the Air Nomad. This is a good way to wrap up all of this fic. Overall, this was such a well thought out story. I loved it!
Souseiki chapter 21 . 6/19/2016
DAYUM I did not expect Mai to go after the Fire Lord by herself at all. Switching her and Zuko's lines from the Boiling Rock was hilarious. I love the jumbled mess that they all have towards Destiny. Ozai's destiny to rule, Zuko's to bring honor, Azula to restore balance. And then Mai comes over and laughs in their faces with knives ablazing. This chapter was wonderful!
Souseiki chapter 20 . 6/19/2016
Ahhh Sozin's Comet! It's interesting to see Sokka's and Lin's dynamic. As for saving the Fire Nation army, that was good to consider. The original series only addressed saving the people on the first ship. And yes to Iroh and the other White Lotus getting bored.
Souseiki chapter 19 . 6/19/2016
The thing I really love about this AU is seeing how well Azula and Ty Lee mesh with Sokka and Katara. Sure, there are moral disagreements, but they work through them. Azula, as usual, breaks my heart especially when she was trying to push Ty Lee away. Are you planning to put Tyzula in, or it's platonic for now?
Souseiki chapter 18 . 6/19/2016
Man this chapter is jam packed. Between Toza and Long Feng, I can't decide which one had me more on edge. I love the parallel and reversal of Zukp and Azula in this. Azula caring for safety and bluffing. Zuko getting more of an edge and poisoning for the greater good. This is amazing!
Souseiki chapter 15 . 6/18/2016
The flashbacks between explaining Lin's experience at Lake Laogai were great. And wow I can't believe this is all an ongoing double cross.
Souseiki chapter 14 . 6/18/2016
HO SHIT SHIT SHIT LIN BABY NOOOOO While it was good to see war plans coming into shape, hearing that last sentence sucked.
Souseiki chapter 13 . 6/18/2016
Toph's words through Azula are so sad. I wished that you included Azula fighting the drill, but it was a neat wrap up of Ba Sing Se. I'm pumped to see the consequences of all of this.
Souseiki chapter 12 . 6/18/2016
I had to pause from reading this to scream when Lin introduced herself. Ho shit, wait I thought Toph died when she was young? Azula's reaction to Toph's choice pulled at my heart. The names of the people in the Fire Nation are blending a bit, but I like that it keeps me on my toes while reading. But man, the emphasis on calling Zuko a prince was sly and solid.