Reviews for Way out West
klu chapter 9 . 8/18
This was a wonderful 'what-if' tale for the Winchesters.
Thoroughly enjoyable, even if it did make my skin crawl. Like seriously. I am almost scratching uncontrollably thinking of spiders.
If I were them, I would have never been helped/rescued, because I would have killed that spider the moment I saw it in my room. And, even though I don't know all my heritage, I'm still gonna chance it and kill every arachnid I see.
My theory has always been that spiders are Hell-spawn; very small demons- spying on people, reporting back to Hell, and scouting potential desperate 'marks' for making deals.

My own prejudices aside, I really did love this cute story.
Thanks for writing.
SkyHighFan chapter 1 . 11/14/2014
Its okay but Cas said he wouldn't be able to retrieve them after 24 hours and your use of contractions when they talk (which they DON'T DO, not like THAT anyway) is just confusing.
JJ1564 chapter 9 . 10/5/2014
I loved this for so many reasons! Mainly because I wondered at the time what would've happened if the boys had got stuck in the very non-idealistic wild west and your story was perfect. I loved the townsfolk turning on them because of the way the Phoenix died and Dean managing to loose his horse was so funny! The big tough Winchester brothers not being able to kill the cute rabbit was funny too!

Then the dust, the sweat and the hunger, all very realistic and the awful stew, no wonder poor Dean got appendicitis! Sam's frustration and despair at not being able to help Dean or even comfort him when they were jailed was very moving. It was clever how you introduced the spiders into the story and it was a good twist to give the boys native American ancestry.
Lastly I also loved Bobby and Cas trying do hard to rescue the boys, and it was sweet when Cas covered sleeping Bobby in his raincoat.
Loved it, in case you can't tell!
BloodInTheNile chapter 9 . 11/14/2012
Awesome story! :'DDD loved every chapter (especially the scenes with Sam and Dean in the jail) amazing job :'3
lilykep chapter 2 . 1/1/2012
Huge lol moment to Sam and Dean with the bunny. I could so see that happening.
ccase13 chapter 9 . 8/1/2011
An excellent tale. The Aunt for whom I'm named died of a appendixitis as late as 1938. She and her sister were both nurses and knew what it was but could not reach a surgeon in time.

The Winchester brothers father is definely dark enough to be as much as a full quarter indian and you are right that most people hid indian blood as few as 35 or 40 years ago.
Barranca chapter 1 . 7/24/2011
This is a riot, it won't be long before the brothers are chased as criminals just like they were in the future...
MeAzrael chapter 9 . 7/5/2011
Thanks for the awesome ride, Dizzo! Really great story from the wild wild West back to Bobby :-) Bye bye Obadiah (!) Walton – can't say I'm too sorry about for that loss ;-) I think I like the idea of our boys having a few drops of Indian blood in their veins – would explain Dean's love for black mustangs - err, muscle cars. And that idea with Cas telling Sam about Dean's dream? Hehe, crazy girl :-) This angel has to love the danger!

MeAzrael chapter 8 . 7/5/2011
ROFL - "full freakin' Brazilian" – have to admit that I had no idea what you meant with that, but thanks to Google I'm wiser now :-) Loved Sam's musing about how Dean always seems to shrink in a hospital bed – so true. The lore about that Indian spirit totem is totally awesome. Did you read anything about it or did you make it up? I've just read the novel "Anansi Boys" by Neil Gaiman - it's funny and crazy and awesome - and there's a spider god in it too :-)

si-star-x chapter 1 . 7/4/2011
Fabulous, darling! I wanted to check out how much love you got over here because you deserve it! *flail* So much love for this. Dean as a cowboy... Dean in pain... general awesome... ticks all'a the boxes. This is the 100th review too? It's my lucky day xx
MeAzrael chapter 7 . 7/4/2011
Aww, everything's gonna be alright **sigh**. There were times when I wished to shove that friggin angel a freshly brewed coffee right down his throat ;-)) On the other hand: he's so cute when he feels helpless. And I gotta admit - maybe I should be more tolerant to spiders (speaking of: had one eight legged species in my kitchen sink this morning - nice way to wake up!).

MeAzrael chapter 6 . 7/4/2011
Wow, if this wasn't a Hell of a chapter (in an absolutely admiring sense :-) I cringed and I worried and I felt for them and I laughed and all in all I enjoyed it very much! I like your style, the humor always palpable even in the most dramatic moments. "the man was a card-carrying sadist with all the charm and sympathy of an epidemic" LOL!

And let me tell you: you've got Cas perfectly well ("what's up?" **chuckle**). Beautiful conversation between Cas and Bobby, and the part when Cas shows his wound newly torn open? Aw, heartbreaking!

Absolutely loved the scene in the prison when Sam is convinced that Dean's dying and all he can do is reaching through the bars to give him at least a bit of comfort – oh my aching heart! Hey, I knew spider-thingy would do something, but I had no idea what - and I liked your idea! Indian goddess or what? I'm curious if I hear more about her and her cryptic web. I hope Dean gets better soon - too bad that Cas is emptied of energy again :-(

Huge story, Dizzo!

LivingForTv chapter 9 . 6/30/2011
Oh I like this! And I like you got a woman to look after our guys, Kripke and company seem to think only a father/male angel can do that:-) Thanks for a good read.
LivingForTv chapter 8 . 6/30/2011
Interesting. And it's good to see Dean back on his feet and Sam not so worried.
LivingForTv chapter 7 . 6/30/2011
Aww, I LOVED Dean's little snatch of song! And I love the way you portray Castiel:-)