Reviews for Natural Progression
Mhungo chapter 1 . 11/28/2011
Admittedly I have not played Portal 2. My computer isn't capable of running such a game so I have no idea what a combine is. I have however played Portal and it was loads of fun.

GLaDOS has always been creepy and you've got her voice down perfectly. "...so you're going to help me kill him." I can hear her synthesized voice so well in that it makes me shudder.

I always love the fleshing out of characters and Chell really needed it, being a silent protagonists and all. Her attempted rehabilitation and the blood stained mechs brings the darker realm of valve's world to the forefront. One that we all know existed but never saw.

Your ending to this chapter is an idea worthy of a new portal game. I'm subscribing to this story in the hopes that it will be continued. If not, well, its still an awesome stand alone. Good luck with the writing.
Uzi212 chapter 1 . 8/15/2011
What? No. This can't be a oneshot it's to good
MyBrotherTadashi chapter 1 . 6/15/2011
Please update this amazing story. Holy cow.
Clemerl chapter 1 . 5/19/2011
Whoa...just, whoa.
Chrosis chapter 1 . 5/19/2011
Well that was unexpectedly awesome. Not because I expected you personally to do a poor job, but rather because nearly everyone else who writes portal fanfiction doesn't do it well. Half of them give Chell a voice and half dont portray any real human qualities in her. Your version shows what I would expect Chell to really be; a mute who is a strong person who is willing to stand up for herself, while at the same time is deeply traumatized by her experience in those nightmarish labs. When you described her gripping the hammer, I really felt that she would fight to the death rather than be subjected to more testing. Amazing job.

Also it's Gordon Freeman isnt it? An interesting twist would be to have it be one if the protagonists from the Half-life expansions, like Opposing Force.

Whether or not you choose to continue this, you did a great job.
Kael Hyun chapter 1 . 5/18/2011
Please do so this seems to good a plot to not do it. Also while GLaDOS testing the Combine is a nice thought, the shot from the moon at the end kinda gives the hint that the Combine are gone(seeing as it's not as Polluted as in the Half Life games) so maybe it's the Combine remnants?
buggy1997123 chapter 1 . 5/18/2011
Wow nice story! I hope you can continue this!
LoorTheDarkElf chapter 1 . 5/18/2011
Oh my, this is much fun. Open ended, yesh, but I think we can all guess how this is going to go down. Someone is gonna get shoved into an emergancy intelligence incenirator, the question is which party? XDD

Either way, I rather enjoyed this. Even given a mobile form, GlaDOS was kept very well in character, taking ultimate presence and not bound by a tiny frame. Excellent work. _
eth chapter 1 . 5/18/2011
Oh no no no you are not letting this become a one-shot.

More.

MORE!
Alardem chapter 1 . 5/18/2011
This is a surprisingly clever way to reintegrate Portal into Half-Life 2. The mental image of dead cyborg soldiers being reanimated by a maniacal AI is a pretty creepy one. I'm guessing there may be more to this story.

I have a question, though - how did GLaDOS come to learn of the Combine? Did they find her or did she find them? :)
Mystic 777 chapter 1 . 5/18/2011
I know next to nothing about the Combine, is there a specific character GLaDOS caught? Or is it some random Combine that is giving her a hard time? This was an interesting start, I'll put it on alert in case you do decide to add to it.

_
Wolfie chapter 1 . 5/18/2011
O: You aren't just going to leave it like that are you? It's too good to just be a one shot. Please continue
ippa chapter 1 . 5/18/2011
Loved it, and would love more!