Reviews for Miss Bates' Backbone
Guest chapter 1 . 9/18/2013
There is something about Miss Bates that I really adore, I'm glad she had her moment in this short.
Cynthia Salander chapter 1 . 10/5/2012
So I'm finally getting around to reading your Emma fics :)

This was so invigorating! I'm glad she stood up for Emma, and I can simply imagine this happening, especially Miss Bate's panic when she realizes that she'd put Jane's career at risk.

Wonderful!
slytherinsal chapter 1 . 6/24/2011
very funny; I always like to see the Eltons put in their place! I'm not sure Miss Bates ever would put it quite that way but if she did turn and say anything uncharacteristically cutting it would certainly be in defence of others; and having overheard so unpleasant a comment I can certainly see her saying one or two home truths.

What I like is the way that you make her very flustered afterwards for such unaccustomed acts; that rings very true to character, and indeed to the character of someone who has been goaded beyond bearing and shocks themselves.
ChocolateIsMyDrug chapter 1 . 5/19/2011
LOL - yay Miss Bates!

This was great - it was fantastic to see the awful Mrs Elton put in her place, though I'm not sure in canon Miss Bates would ever bring herself to believe that not everyone is as nice as she thinks they are. She wouldn't be able to spot selfish motives, I don't think. But lovely to see her standing up for those she loves!
ducky116 chapter 1 . 5/18/2011
It was really nice and humorous as a fantasy piece, but I don't think I could ever picture Miss Bates doing that.
SapphireShelle91 chapter 1 . 5/18/2011
Go Miss Bates!

Lol, this was great, very funny!