Reviews for Mega Man Recut: Season 1
Guest chapter 40 . 8/29/2014
Wait wait wait... Does the Syndicate have Ra Moon? Was that the 'It' mentioned in that one section? If so... sh-t everyone's gonna be in trouble. O_O
Teribane chapter 1 . 7/7/2014
So I re-read the entirety of Recut Season 1 about two-three weeks ago because of getting myself that printed copy, and this means that today I decided - you know what I should do. I should go back and review this ENTIRE DANG FANFIC. That is EXACTLY what I should do, maybe I will have something more concrete than "I liked this bit in this chapter." And so I am. lD

(Most of it seems to have turned out "I like these things" anyway in my head but I will do my best.)

Your characterizations are amazing. Both for the miscellaneous robot masters, who now all have personalities and silly traits and, for a number of them, incredibly interesting backstories - and for the main characters. Mega questioning himself a number of times, and eventually choosing to keep his current course rather than being dragged along, made the decision feel far more meaningful. Roll's development has been very interesting (and I will say honestly that her in Future Shock scared me a little bit.) The way you've written the RIP officers has made them some of my favorites (especially Time Man and Enker, in a certain moon episode). The entanglement of Proto, Light, and Wily is a hugely interesting mess (I almost look forward to encounters between Proto and Light more than I do between Proto and Mega). This is kind of diverting into character interactions now, which is fine because those are ALSO AMAZING. Proto and Light basically all the time, Mega Man and Time Man working out most of their differences in Mega Man in the Moon, Magnet and Ring drugging Proto (no guys that's bad) and Wily's reaction afterward, whoops I'm listing again I'll stop

Steel Crescent was a pretty way to have the Bad-bots sometimes act as protagonists, and I love how in general there are so many different factions within the story, and so many different roboticists and possible origins for each and every robot master. Speaking of which, exactly how did you manage to plan so many interweaving storylines? Because it's just Impressive. (That capital I was very necessary.)

If there's one thing I had a problem with, it was probably the veeeery early bits of the story. It's not surprising that the writing there isn't nearly as good as the final chapters of Season 1, of course your writing would've improved over almost 3 years, but I have to mention it. It also felt like maybe you were trying too hard to stick to the script of the cartoon in writing back then - you were adding your own bits, but also quoting lines directly, and some of them sounded awkward.

Other than that, there are several typos I caught while re-reading. They're not nearly numerous enough to detract from the story, but they still are there. Unfortunately it's been three weeks and I don't remember what they were and in which chapters by now. ono; I feel like I should go catch them for you. Next time I re-read I'll try to remember to note them down.

Now I'm back to crossing my fingers that the situation with Steel Crescent comes to a head sometime soon. I'm pretty sure that's going to be a thing saved for after Season 2, but I can dream. lD

(Also, new favorite scene that I had completely forgotten about - "Here, protect the city." "Heh, that's the most ironic order you've ever given me -")
Cindy M 19 chapter 4 . 3/20/2014
Dr. Umlauf have a sailor mouth when angry, I bet Dr. Willy could pee on himself if he hear that swearing. XD
Cindy M 19 chapter 9 . 3/20/2014
You know that? If Roll ever get a cannon like mega man hers enemies could be history XD
SapphireLibra3 chapter 3 . 2/2/2014
Wow, this was really good. The puns were on point, and although it was similar to the Ruby Spears version, it was different enough where I was really interested.

I see you're making the Mega Man/Proto Man story a lot more serious in this version. I like that. And I hope Met is a reoccurring character.
Dragonraptyr chapter 43 . 1/31/2014
That makes complete sense. I can't believe I didn't remember that part of Proto's in-game back story before. Very clever of you to bring that up. That is a part that is very distinctly Proto.
Inuyashagirl7692 chapter 43 . 1/31/2014
I've only read(ish)- skimmed? - two fan fictions for Mega Man, and it's weird how different the brothers regard each other. In the other story, Mega Man was all about family (not that he isn't here) and much more open emotionally. Here, it's Proto who keeps reminding Mega that they're brothers. Anyway, from what I read, it was cool and well written. I always like Proto when he's snarky, but I love Mega when he's snarky and genre savvy
DestinyZX chapter 40 . 1/25/2014
I don't care if it is late. I really enjoyed this chapter. I really miss Recut and I'm sorry if I didn't review sooner but now is as good a time as ever.

I have to say that this is truly amazing. Wow. What a heck of a chapter that was. I loved it a lot and I look forward to more. Why not. I may as well.

Great job as always.
MegaManV chapter 43 . 1/22/2014
Thanks for mentioning me, Black Russian. Anyway, I really like what you are doing to the series and look forward to Season 2.
Sailor Taichichi Vegeta chapter 43 . 1/22/2014
"I like Stone Man, he's a nice robot," said Wood Man. "When we get back to Skull Fortress, you should play Candy Land with us."
...Why does this make me feel guilty?
Probably because at some point he's going to get smashed up and say something stupid while it's happening, and I'm going to laugh.

"True, pushing the boundaries of science has its risks, but risk is needed to be a great visionary. Alas, the neutronater is a prototype, and you know how unpredictable prototypes can be, even ones built from a great scientist like you."
OH NO HE DIDN'T
I hear lunch bells ringing -Wily served him big time!

Aww, Proto Man cares for his sister! I'll bet Gravity Man isn't too old for Roll - *buster'd*

(I know what the answer will be, but sometimes I almost wish Mega would say yes and go with his evil brother.)

Dr. Light is a gambler? Tsk tsk.

Guts Man is being very ungrateful today.

Oh dear, those things have gotten a lot smarter. The whole environment feels like a boss is going to appear and try to maul them before forcing them to flee back to the top. Not even Proto likes it, so it must be bad. I wonder if they used to throw sacrifices down there?

...yeah, it's as bad as I thought. Worse, even. (But if Ra Thor is with the cops, has that been part of an elaborate trap years in the making?)

Then I was relieved a little, then back to the OH NOES

Dr. Wily, this was your worst idea ever, Lion Men included.

I'm glad Mega is loyal to his family above all else. I want to make a wisecrack about birthdays, but can't think of anything.

...I guess I shouldn't have blamed Sunstar after all.
OH NOES

I look forward to the next season! :D
Gancena chapter 43 . 1/21/2014
Wow. An entire fanfic is under your belt now. How does it feeeeeeeeeeeeel? :DDDD

Dr. Light and Wily argue eerily similar to the way that Mega and Proto do. Like... geez.

And Wood Man is still the best. I made an odd Gancenan noise pretty much whenever he spoke to Mega, but the Candy Land invitation and "Good luck!" took the cake. I'm legitimately a little sad that he's in a conflict he clearly doesn't understand, but I also admire his dimwitted innocence. agh Wood Man

I only realized that the "Great One" was Ra Moon when that slice of him awoke. And I did think about Ra Thor when it happened, so it's nice to know that there is indeed a connection, even if it did cause quite the unpleasant jolt...

Thanks for warning us beforehand not to read too much into the line from Bro Bots, lol. And when Proto Man pointed out it'd been a year since Rock and Roll's activations, I had to stop and stare for a moment. You clever girl. You sly scribe.

(Also, you are welcome for pointing you to tumblr. :3)

[tiny Gancenan noise]
Rabid-Cheetah chapter 43 . 1/21/2014
Halfway there! You can make it!
BlueStar Sapphire - ProtoZero chapter 43 . 1/21/2014
Yeah an update, you made my sick in bed day much happier. I look forward to season 2

ProtoZero
tourise chapter 43 . 1/21/2014
Nice interactions between the brothers, and a surpriseing "Happy birthday" from Proto. I am really enjoying your story, I will be waiting for season 2 to unleash.
RedemptionWarrior chapter 43 . 1/20/2014
It's nice to know I helped you out. I have quite liked your interpretation of the series and am looking forward to the next season. You've made a nice blend of believable and fantastic while including Robot Masters that hadn't gotten a chance to appear because it was cancelled. Perhaps I'm merely repeating stuff I've already said? Well, whatever. See you later.