Reviews for Movie Night
Awww! That last line
gythia chapter 1 . 7/16/2014
That was fun :)
Kathryn Claire O'Connor chapter 1 . 6/13/2014
This is cool... and sweet of Sigyn.:)
Fearless Rider chapter 1 . 5/9/2014
Omg, this is hysterical. Please, have them watch Avengers or Dark World!
Ymmo chapter 1 . 1/21/2014
Awwww, nice :) A great idea for the story and I really liked the ending!
loki lover chapter 1 . 12/24/2013
Aww! This was just so cute! And I don't get why they couldn't just put Sigyn in the movie, seriously! Love the ending btw _
LilyLunaPotter142 chapter 1 . 12/8/2013
Aww, so cute. And hilarious, this has made my day!
MegaOtaku777 chapter 1 . 9/18/2013
What I can't understand is why Sigyn was not in the movie. She was the one who kept Loki from feeling the pain of his torture, for crying out loud. There would have been a totally different dynamic in the movie with his wife there.
Alex chapter 1 . 8/14/2013
Great work. I have to say my favorite part was probably the ending. Yeap. The ending. :)
Sauron Gorthaur chapter 1 . 6/7/2013
Type your review here...Wow, that was hilarious, witty, and adorable. The very concept of having Loki watching the movie and commenting on it is hilarious in and of itself, and his “real” mythological character interacting with Sigyn during the movie made it even more clever and fun to read. I love how you cleverly comment on the movie through the characters’ eyes.

Once again, I love how you portrayed myth Loki. First off, I love that he’s that guy that talks during the whole movie, eats all the popcorn in the first few minutes, and generally makes himself a nuisance to everyone else trying to watch – Loki would totally be that guy. And I love how self-conscious Sigyn is about it and that she keeps trying to get him to be quiet. Sigyn is definitely others-centered (she wouldn’t sit holding a bowl over Loki’s face till the end of the world if she wasn’t), so she was in character in that respect, and it was interesting to see her other-centered nature next to Loki’s blatant self-centeredness. I also like how full of energy Loki is during the whole story – it’s like he’s physically unable to stop moving and stop talking. That seemed completely right for myth Loki. I loved the sentence about Loki’s expression looking like he’s about to explode and Sigyn hoping it remains figurative. That’s a great description of Loki and his unpredictable, volatile nature. And Sigyn is the perfect counter to his explosiveness, the gentle, thoughtful, soft-spoken character who lets him go off on his rants, but is also there to giggle with him, sympathize with him, and even push him a little with some thoughtful, more logical questions. The idea about Loki actually not understanding the concept of good and evil was an intriguing one – it’s just not part of his nature. Personally, in the myths, I’ve always liked Loki as “the god of mischief” in the earlier myths as opposed to “the god of evil” of the later myths. I like that you show Loki as that mischief god here – there’s something endearingly innocent about him, even with the idea that he only understands nasty and nice. And I loved the final paragraph, when we get to see that brief, sweet moment where he recognizes how important Sigyn is to his character as they walk hand-in-hand.

Some other random things that I really enjoyed in this story… I like that at the very beginning Thor and Loki are compared to best friends, and the way Loki talks about Thor kind of has that attitude throughout the story. I said that I liked “early” Loki better, and there are a few early myths where Loki and Thor do seem to have an almost good friend relationship, and I like that you played with that, as Loki mischievously pokes fun at Thor’s personality, but doesn’t ever seem spiteful throughout this story.

Haha, it is odd that the Thor people would take the trouble to find out the name of one of Loki’s parents but not bother to find out which gender Laufay is, isn’t it? I liked Loki’s reaction to that. And I loved the whole conversation about evil giants against good gods and Loki’s indignant reaction to it. Really, it’s understandable why Loki would consider that racism. (And very funny about Heimdall being nine-tenths giant – I think you know more Norse mythology than the Thor people ;) )

I loved Loki’s “It’ll give them a good laugh then, won’t it?” I like how it’s all a big joke to Loki, and nothing’s really too serious. He doesn’t care that they don’t believe he’s real, and he doesn’t care that him showing up would probably scare the heck out of most people – it’s all just a laugh. That’s the perfect attitude for Loki.

Haha, the reference to “The Lay of Harbard” and Odin telling Thor his mother was dead made me laugh. Thor is pretty darn gullible, isn’t he? And in the myths, that is something Loki makes fun of fairly often. And I love how perplexed sweet, innocent Sigyn is by the fact that Odin would be so mean to Thor and that Loki finds it so funny.

I like how Loki’s reaction to “his” special powers in the movie is so masculine (oooh, cool, awesome powers!) while Sigyn is looking at things with a more critical, logical, and feminine eye. I loved her answer about it being good that Loki doesn’t actually have those powers. And her comment about the Thor people adding something “vaguely Norse” made me laugh, too.

Sigyn’s right: myth Loki certainly wouldn’t shout his motivations at people :) In fact, part of what makes myth Loki so inscrutable is that he doesn’t seem to HAVE motivations most of the time, other than being the god of mischief and evil and therefore having to live up to his title. And I loved Sigyn’s final insight, that even if Loki doesn’t realize it all the time, she is very important to who his is in being there for him.

Really well done. Short, sweet, and funny – an excellent combination. Keep on writing!

-Sauron Gorthaur
Ghost Rider of the Aragon chapter 1 . 4/15/2013
It would have been a completely different movie if Sigyn had actually been in it...This was good.
Persephy chapter 1 . 2/19/2013
Okay, I'm falling in love with your Norse Mythology stories. I'm finding Sigyn so calm and perfect for the complexity of Loki. Aww, thank you again.
JannaKalderash chapter 1 . 1/6/2013
Awwwwww; this was cute! Myth Loki and Sigyn checking out the movie!

And Sigyn is right; about the only thing Loki really gets is the difference between 'nasty' and 'nice'; it's his nature.
MacMhuirich chapter 1 . 12/14/2012
Now, that would've been fun: Loki and Sigyn actually watching the movie. :D
Yup, noticed the Laufey-Fárbauti mix-up, too.
Guess the filmmakers had us all Loki'd. LOL