Reviews for Versus
JLopz898 chapter 9 . 11/14/2012
Let me just say that this story is very well written. The plot is paced very well and the characters altogether make the story very interesting. I would just suggest you buff up the Brotherhood a little. If you read FO lore, the T-45 model of power armour could take grenades and heavy arms fire. If the old model of armour was that powerful then the Hellfire Armour should be much stronger than depicted. It should at least be able to withstand indirect hits from missiles, let alone a laser pillar. Blunt trauma is possibly the only way those Brotherhood Paladins could die, considering the layers of armour and insulation. Anyway, keep on writing. I will look out for your stories. (Sorry about the wall of text. I'm using my Itouch to write this review and it can't space that much.)
Guest chapter 7 . 11/8/2012
First, i have to say you are a very good writer when it comes to descriptions and the overall plotting of your story.

But i have to bluntly say your authors note in this chapter kind off broke the camels back a little, in which in my opinion is absolute garbage in saying that you're not writing an OP characters. I simply point to bittercup...really?really?! Come on dude/dudette the fact that your LW would bring someone that incompetent on a military expidition (by which way your life is on the line) just proves how OP he is. Just because you have your LW surrounded by squadmates and not single-handely taking on 6trillion securitrons, doesn't stop him from being OP. I could forgive the slight super-powering of the CW, because truth be told a lot can happen in 5-7 years but the characters i'm getting annoyed.

Put yourself in his shoes your arguably an elite special forces type soldier who's sent on a military operation that will last days you need the best most in shape operatives by your side. WOULD YOU PICK BITTERCUP AS ONE OF THOSE OPERATIVES? no you would not, and you attempt to cheaply explain it away because your LW has a white knight complex gtfoh. If you truly wanted your LW to not appear OP you would have sent some members if not all of Lyons pride with him, or more competent operatives than bittercup and even sasha c'mon.

This story sort of reminds of another fanfic where the author said his LW wasn't OP, but this same LW brought Amata to a war zone, and this same Amata has NEVER even seen battle before. Taking up resources from the rest of his squad. I bring you back to my example would you bring your un-battle tested girlfriend/boyfriend to a war zone...i think not.

As for your courier a bit better, just give that bitch amour when going into battle, and i'll have no problem.

If you disagree i would love to hear why you implemented some of the story elements you did.

respectfully,
Anonymous
Oddliver chapter 9 . 8/27/2012
not bad at all just read the whole fic start to finish and i like what i've seen so far so i will keep reading whenever it is updated
PSG1JOHN chapter 9 . 8/26/2012
This was a a fun read !
nukeman chapter 9 . 8/11/2012
Can.t wait for more
Vickmackey007 chapter 9 . 6/23/2012
Hey really glad you picke this story back up it has epic written all over it!
Durzo chapter 9 . 6/22/2012
This entire story id amazing. I really hope that you continue writing this. Too many of the author's whose stories I love have been stopping. I hope that you won't be one of them. :)
Senzetzu chapter 9 . 6/21/2012
Why'd you make the Courier so despicable and unbalanced? D:
Dario Soto chapter 1 . 6/21/2012
Let me just say that I LOVE your story! The conflict between the Lone Wanderer and the Courier is genious! Update soon, I like this story!
Hermes tonsils chapter 9 . 6/20/2012
Interesting premise
Vect the Atoner chapter 9 . 6/20/2012
Actually, Lanius is considered a better tactician than Graham. Graham's main plus as a general was that he was the baddest motherfucker of the land but was otherwise not particularly skilled in the ways of actual strategy/tactics, which is why Hanlon beat him. Still, Lanius is considered a poor replacement for Caesar as far as leaders go.

On the story itself, I do really like the difference between the protagonists. Particularly in how while the Lone Wanderer would obviously be a Hero since his story is fairly straightforward, the Courier is less restrained in her decisions on who to side with and in contrast can be pretty damn sociopathic at her worst. I can sorta see how she'd be "Neutral" in how having killed her way through evil bastards like the Fiends and Legionnaires any bastardly actions she's done like destroying the Brotherhood or nuking the Legion would just bring her from Very Good to Neutral.

Nonetheless, I'm interested in seeing how this plays out. Personally I'd side with the Courier but I get the feeling that things aren't gonna go hunky-dory for her.

If nothing, Yes Man might still be around. That thing is after all essentially immortal as long as there's a Securitron.
Blinded in a bolthole chapter 5 . 6/2/2012
Personally I like The Courier better than WW, what with being more badass and all.

But your Courier is almost the opposite of mine (She was a four eyed shooty-shooty NCR-loving (I always take Lawful Evil over Chaotic Neutral) paragon in a wild wild wasteland).

And of course Vegas, that AI is my favorite non-party, and third overall favorite character in New Vegas.
Mattmaster112 chapter 8 . 5/30/2012
She is definitely not neutral, no matter what messed up logic she user to define her actions. Also, earlier she talked about hating those that fought by hiding, like the nightkin, then she user a damn orbital strikes on the brother hood
Mattmaster112 chapter 7 . 5/30/2012
I think the securitrons are too op, but otherwise this is a good story
Hero of Strawberries chapter 9 . 5/25/2012
And it was on this day that Star Paladin Black proved himself smarter then Mr. House. Then again, anyone is smarter then that git..
99 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »