Reviews for Tragedy 02: Tragedy On The Landing Pad
potterfanforever chapter 13 . 7/12/2011
He knows how to scare people with his flying dosent he.
Jedi Master Misty Sman-Esay chapter 13 . 7/11/2011
Anakin needs someone to ground him.
The Benevolent Scriber chapter 13 . 7/11/2011
Amazingly I'm not wincing at any OOC-ness, if there is indeed any, it all seems perfectly believable.

A sign of a well thought out AU that is, not to mention a good writer. Try to avoid giving the impression that Bariss is being swept off her feet by Anakin as she is a radically different character from Padme for that to work.

To be perfectly honest Padme came across as a card board cut-out in the movies with very little real substance. (Apart from Ep I)

I would suspect that any relationship that may develop between the two would be far more deep than any relationship between Anakin and Padme could be, even at its best.

btw avoid that corny scene in the original movie where Anakin and Padme declare their love like the plague, that truly made me wince.
Janizary chapter 12 . 7/8/2011
I found this FF doing whilst perusing an author's favorites, then that author's favorites...and here I find my self in a Star Wars story. Glad I did, this is quite interesting. :D

I've quite enjoyed the change-ups you've made while still sticking to the relative thread of the storyline (like the stone in a river analogy).

Looking forward to seeing how the rest of this plays out.
sachariah chapter 12 . 7/2/2011
And now, the last in this trilogy of updates.

Off to Geonosis! Again, I love how you've balanced the AU nature of this tale with the canonical events happening around our heroes. It anchors the story in the SW universe, while leaving the reader wondering just what is going to happen. Awesome.

Excellent job building up the "tension" between Anakin and Barriss. And while it's easy to be frustrated by Luminara (and even Obi-Wan) for interfering, the fact is both Masters are doing their duty, and acting in (what they see as) the best interests for both Padawans. You do justice to the traditional Jedi/Code, while still bringing up the inevitable questions about their practicality and realism.

Ah, Palps. Anakin is still playing with fire, as long as he treats that sleezeball as his mentor. T'will be interesting to see what the Chancellor will have to say (if anything) when he learns about Barriss. On the one hand, Palpatine's big lever on Anakin was his concern for Padme, who is now gone anyways. I suppose he could try to use Anakin's concern for Barriss similarly, but Barriss is a Jedi, unlike Padme, and is much better equipped to counsel Anakin than Padme was.

Plus the obvious issue with trying to get Anakin to turn on the Jedi when the person he cares for most /is/ a Jedi. This will be very interesting indeed.

Aw, Lum is sweet for Obi, eh? Or was, whatever. The discussion on the "will of the Force" with Barriss was amusing, especially showing Luminara's more 'playful' side.

Eh, but Ani and Barriss are being paired off again? Hmm... can't wait for more!
sachariah chapter 11 . 7/2/2011
Well, this chapter was a full one.

First I should say I love the AU you're creating. I usually don't like AUs of any kind, but there are a few exceptions, and yours is one of them. I really like the balance you've struck here - Padme's death, and Barriss's subsequent friendship with Anakin, kick off this alternate journey, but the big picture events, especially regarding Palpatine, the approaching Clone Wars, and others, are still ongoing, and so there are ways in which the AU mirrors the canon verse. And we're seeing largely the same characters, as well, which also factors into the new story. But not to the degree where characters are essentially reading off the lines from the film, for the sake of reading off those lines from the film.

Well, I could babble on about that, but suffice it to say that you've done a masterful job for such a disrupting AU (knocking out Padme has immense implications for the rest of the saga). A bold move, but you're playing it very well indeed.

IMHO, Barriss goes from a payful mood to a somber, almost chilling one a bit quickly - if she was calling Anakin because she felt something horrible was about to happen, wouldn't she be a bit more serious when she called him? I guess it depends on one's characterization - Barriss is a bit more playful in this story than I'm used to.

Oh boy, caught again! I'm a bit frustrated though that characters keep hiding potentially important details from each other - Barriss not telling Anakin everything she saw in her vision, and Barriss and Anakin hiding details about their experiences from their Masters, etc etc. It drives me crazy, but it does add intrigue to the tale.
sachariah chapter 10 . 7/2/2011

I'm loving this tale. Barriss is easily considered a 'minor' character, brushed over as far as the 'saga' of SW goes, but you've really brought her to life her, and I'm loving her portrayal here. She really is a model Jedi, though here we see she's still too tied to the Code to fairly consider all options, particularity regarding her relationship with Anakin. You've got a great balance here - she's young, and so naturally open to considering unorthodox ideas (and running off from her Master without permission), but she's still very much committed to the Order and its ideals. Which isn't a terrible thing, and in fact may very well make her a better counterweight to Anakin.

I really like how you weave her Healer role in with her interactions with Anakin. She sees things others miss, because she's more aware of the 'little things' that are so easily overlooked, but so important to the health of an individual, physically and emotionally. Her explanation to Anakin about his own Force-sensitivity was intriguing, and I look forward to seeing where their relationship goes.

And while Barriss may for now insist that they are "just friends", the intensity with which she promises to come for him, and Anakin's own silent vow to not endanger her again, certainly suggest that these two are well beyond the simple "attachment' phase.

And two more chapters to review! Loving this. Though if I could make a suggestion (and I have no idea what your writing habits are) more frequent single chapter updates will garner far more reviews, if that interests you at all. If not, fine by me.
potterfanforever chapter 12 . 7/1/2011
your doing great keep it up
FutureOscarWinner94 chapter 12 . 7/1/2011
I can't wait to see what happens once they reach Geonosis! Also, wondering what's in store for Anakin and Bariss.. Great Chapters!
Jedi Master Misty Sman-Esay chapter 12 . 7/1/2011
A great trio of chapters

I am interested in seeing whether or not Barriss and Anakin act on how they feel.
Imperial Dragon chapter 12 . 7/1/2011
The rescue of Obi-Wan will certainly be interesting.
DarkDanny chapter 1 . 6/21/2011
This story needs more visible fans.

This story is excellent so far so awesome that This is going to be my forth time reading this story in three days.. You have definitely captured Anakins innermost rage. Hell, I could see both of them falling to the Dark Side (Or running away to make a dozen little hybrid children)

I need this updated faster! FASTER!
potterfanforever chapter 9 . 6/18/2011
I think it will be interesting how things change not just how Anakin changes as a person and Jedi but also how others like the Jedi counsel will change there views of him,hopefully for the better after he matures after this mission.

The questions i have is will the darkness that Yoda sences in Anakin future be diminished any? will this help him take his training more seriously to the point that his fight with Dooku and perhaps alow him keep all his limbs in tacked for once.

even if he learned Floating Meditation from Barriss i dont remember ever doing this but it states on star wars wiki she can do it may help.

I would to see him turn out more like his son Luke after reestablishing the new order
Jedi Master Misty Sman-Esay chapter 9 . 6/18/2011
Two great updates!

Forgiveness is the heart of a Jedi's lifestyle it seems.
FutureOscarWinner94 chapter 7 . 5/28/2011
The day you dissapoint me with your writing, will be the day pigs fly LOL You've got me in love with this story and pairing! Excellent job!
52 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »