Reviews for Like Mother, Like Son
This is GOOD chapter 31 . 7/4
You know, I absolutely hate drabbles. No matter how skilfully done (and there are a few that are really well done) drabbles always breaks up a story. As a writer I can see the challenge but as a reader hate how it ruins the flow to a great story, chopping it up to pieces. I hate oneshots almost as much, though very long or inter-related oneshots are better, the story’s over before you’re really pulled into the story world. BUT I loved your WELCOME HOME. It helped that the oneshots were interrelated. I still would’ve loved it to be a proper story instead of oneshots but it was still good. Your writing was great, as was the characters and I loved Katsumi – he’s so adorable! I could just see him crying scared and anxious with hands held out dripping poison…and how knowing his poison injured his mama sped up his learning to control it…and his bonding time with his papa Sessh in the dragon dens…his little mini Sesshy mirroring Sessh’s stoic manner just about killed me…and add his childlike enthusiasm with his dragon was so cute! I would’ve loved to see that story finished (it’s noted as complete but it seemed incomplete and open to more oneshots) and really wanted to read your other works – they sounded really interesting – but decided to hold off cuz none of them were completed and I hate finding good fics to find them abandoned. But then, since I first read Welcome Home a long time ago on Dokuga, I’ve been through a ton of SessKag stories and after going through the good ones, I’ve been feeling like I’m scraping the barrel with the really bad ones lately so came back to your stories again. After enjoying Welcome Home again, I braved your other unfinished works recently. Yeah I so hate reading unfinished stories but I was that desperate to find a good SessKag story. And they were really good! The problem is after finishing them, because the story’s so good, the greater the disappointment that it’s incomplete. And yet I went on to read another unfinished work of yours…then another… XD No, I don’t like to torture myself. Your stories were just that addictive.

You write wonderfully, have good characters (and the best Sesshomaru! Kagome’s usually OK but she has her weird moments at times in some stories) an interesting storyline with minimal errors/plotholes, and you weave your story well to really draw the reader into a wonderfully created story world. ANIMALISTIC NATURES is interesting, certainly different so I was curious to see where you were gonna take the story to. SUBSTITUTE GROOM was pretty good and PACK was good (both stories had great SessKag relationship and I’ll give more detailed reviews for those separately) but LIKE MOTHER, LIKE SON was awesome! Though good, there were a couple of things about the SUBSTITUTE GROOM and even PACK that kinda ruined it a bit for me at times (Kagome/Shippo/Rin) as I was pulled out of the story few times but Like Mother, Like Son was riveting.

All characters in LIKE MOTHER, LIKE SON were great – even Kagome, all the time. It’s refreshing that you had Rin live a long happy life with Kohaku/a ningen instead of pairing her with a youkai/Shippo and living till modern ages – so nice to see you get that Rin’s charm is her cheerful weak ningen and keep her as-is instead of having her pair up with youkai (who instinctually will be drawn to strong females for breeding. There will always be exceptions but would be really few especially in the feudal era). I balk at seeing a 15yo girl junior high school girl adopt a child who’s only like a year younger than her little brother (whether it's Shippo or Rin, one’s very tiny in size only) but your grown Shippo calling mama didn’t seem bad here and it was fun watching the two and Sess here. SessMama is great! She’s like a far more mysterious and interesting Miranda Priestly from The Devil Wears Prada – she makes Miranda seem blah! Sessh and his mom’s interactions were fun too. I loved the whole story, there wasn't a dull moment. Loved how you had Kagome move into his building too – right next door. And Sess’s annoying female fan worked well into the plot too. Everything came together wonderfully in this story – there’s plenty of drama and fun without any of the drama being forced…headbangingly stupid angst or characters to force a certain drama…or starting to feel bored with some of the supporting characters. It’s perfect. And it’s frickin hilarious at times too! Not the crazy what the heck’s going on kinda Twilight Zone crackfic way but genuinely funny that you had me laughing out loud few times. Thanks so much for this story. After the many bad fics I’d had to wade through recently, I really needed a good story. I hope you’re well and won’t abandon this. I’d love to read this finished story someday. Thanks again!
Damn! This is awesome! So sad to see it abandoned... Thanks tho
JazmyneB chapter 31 . 10/20/2017
MORE PLEASE! I don't know why I torture myself with you're stories that aren't complete (not a slight at you!), but you just keep roping me in! I usually only read stories that are complete, but you're just too amazing, I can't stay away! :)
o0-SilverMoon-0o chapter 31 . 11/6/2016
This is really good! Please udpate! You cannot leave it like that!
Destineyofme chapter 31 . 6/26/2016
I love it please write more
Lys-Scriitorul chapter 31 . 5/28/2015
Loved the chapter please continue this story it is awesome
demon5451 chapter 31 . 2/14/2015
Great story hope to read more soon as I'm very interested in this story.
Coolo chapter 31 . 12/4/2014
Please UpDate Soon.
jk chapter 31 . 10/20/2014
plz update its been more then a year
bugsbunnyhole chapter 31 . 10/20/2014
plz update soon its been more than a year
obabicakez chapter 31 . 7/18/2014
I love this story, I hope you have not completely abandoned it.
Deadpool-girl chapter 31 . 7/14/2014
love the make out scene in front of everybody, priceless. Please update soon
maranjade chapter 31 . 6/14/2014
I just found this story and am overjoyed to read it. Thank you so much for sharing this! Though I must ask if Kouga or Kirara might be making an appearance anytime soon?
Guest chapter 31 . 4/9/2014
Uh. I sorely miss this. *sniffs*
Would you please come back? *shoves round puppy eyes of chibi Inuyasha and chibi Sesshomaru*
AcctClerk23 chapter 31 . 4/10/2014
I know how life gets and I honestly just started re-reading this recently, I don't think I read these last few chapters when they were first posted. So happy I did, you're a wonderful writing with a good sense of humor.